Duke nukem forever?!

Duke nukem forever?!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Hoi

Duke nukem forever?!

Post by Hoi »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/ ... lete-Maybe
Could it be? Could it possibly, actually be? Could the legendarily vaporous Duke Nukem Forever finally be complete? Probably not, no, but the most recent tweet from Broussard, one of the creators of Duke Nukem, is nonetheless very intriguing: It's an image of winged pigs.

The significance? Aside from the fact that "when pigs fly" is a common figure of speech for something that's never going to happen, Broussard himself used the term in a 2006 interview with 1Up when he said, "I think it'll be out when pigs fly."
Machete234

Re: Duke nukem forever?!

Post by Machete234 »

The worst thing is duke3d is a fun shooter nothing complicated they wanted to release it on the unreal engine.

A different studio would have done this in 1 year not in 10.
Fuck them, what are they doing all the time?
Smoke weed?

Bioshocks and stalkers, fallouts good games come and go who cares about the duke.
He belongs in the 90's (This will be my line now)

We have a stereotypical character who pays bitmap strippers money and says "shake it baby".
When they make a new game either they will have to invent a pathetic story around that character or they will have no real story at all. (What you cant do anymore in the 21rst century)
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Machete234 wrote:The worst thing is duke3d is a fun shooter nothing complicated they wanted to release it on the unreal engine.

A different studio would have done this in 1 year not in 10.
Fuck them, what are they doing all the time?
Smoke weed?

Bioshocks and stalkers, fallouts good games come and go who cares about the duke.
He belongs in the 90's (This will be my line now)

We have a stereotypical character who pays bitmap strippers money and says "shake it baby".
When they make a new game either they will have to invent a pathetic story around that character or they will have no real story at all. (What you cant do anymore in the 21rst century)
Blow it out your ass!
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i for one miss the 1990s and their in-yo-face-boyeee attitude.

ive got ballllllls of steel
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

duke nukem jokes are exactly same crap what you see these days in the american action movies... thus, doesnt really belong only to the 90's...

duke nukem rocks! damn, i even played the HRP version for hours! (i dont play much games)
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

New games arn't necessarily better than old. I personally prefer Doom to Halo.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

If I ever get a extremely large sum of money to waste frivolously... I plan to:

Pay Bruce Campbell to re-record all of the Duke Nukem voice audio clips in all the Duke Nukem games.

Also on the list:

Pay Bruce Campbell to re-record all of Gaston's voice acting in Beauty and the Beast.

Pay someone to make new episodes of Invader Zim and Firefly.

Pay smoth to develop Spring Engine Games Full Time.

Pay Mark Hamil to re-record the Jokers lines from every batman movie that includes the joker.

Buy Sony and Nintendo, then force Sony to release a PS3 patch that will let me use it to play wii games in HD and use Wii controllers on the PS3...

Pay someone to replace all the music in the NEW astro-boy anime with music in the style of the original anime, and ra-animate, cell by cell, the original anime in HD.
Sheekel

Post by Sheekel »

Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

TradeMark wrote:duke nukem jokes are exactly same crap what you see these days in the american action movies... thus, doesnt really belong only to the 90's...

duke nukem rocks! damn, i even played the HRP version for hours! (i dont play much games)
I tell you something: these action movies belong in the 90's / 80's too.
Like rambo 7 or so, sly should be retired.

And yes Im a fan of the original played it in 95 and played the HRP version with the newe engine too.

The truth is that FPS games have evolved, since half life people expect more intelligent games.
Why do you think 3drealms have released a game like Prey but they cant finish Duke forever?
Gota

Post by Gota »

Duke nukem is an icon,It's value is in the fact it is a character in a game that has been postponed for more than 10 years.
If nothing else than in exactly that lies this franchise's appeal.
What is so awesome about bioshock?It has NOTHING we havent seen in freaking halflife 1.
The only thing nice in bioshock is that it had a nice atmosphere....That is all.
no new gameplay elements no amazing story...nothing.
Take halflife add new sparkly engine and it can be as successful as bioshock ,not to mention it will have a much longer campaign.

Duke nukem rules.It was never intended to be taken seriously.
It has a crazy surreal plot and characters.
Look at Serious Sam FFS.It is the same thing.
all they need to do is stay true to the frenchise's style while giving us great action and some heavily scripted fights so it feels fresh.
Can throw in a few multiplayer modes to go along with it and vuallah AAA title with millions of units sold.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Gota wrote:Take halflife add new sparkly engine and it can be as successful as bioshock ,not to mention it will have a much longer campaign.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G32_q_3e ... r_embedded
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Hoi wrote:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/ ... lete-Maybe
Could it be? Could it possibly, actually be? Could the legendarily vaporous Duke Nukem Forever finally be complete? Probably not, no, but the most recent tweet from Broussard, one of the creators of Duke Nukem, is nonetheless very intriguing: It's an image of winged pigs.

The significance? Aside from the fact that "when pigs fly" is a common figure of speech for something that's never going to happen, Broussard himself used the term in a 2006 interview with 1Up when he said, "I think it'll be out when pigs fly."
Isn't Broussard unemployed while Gearbox is working on finishing DNF?
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Still say they should've handed it to Croteam. Duke Nukem already got a sequel - it was called Serious Sam.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

The characters are almost the same, but the gameplay isn't!
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Honestly I don't like Sam's arena style, locking you up until you kill every enemy feels much more repetitive than regular combat.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Das Bruce wrote:
Gota wrote:Take halflife add new sparkly engine and it can be as successful as bioshock ,not to mention it will have a much longer campaign.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G32_q_3e ... r_embedded
BMS is the second DNF.

It's never coming out.
Master-Athmos

Post by Master-Athmos »

Maybe it's just about those other Duke Nukem games?! As far as I know they stopped Duke Nukem Forever but kept two other, smaller projects alive - I think one was a port of that Manhattan Project game to the Nintendo DS or something and the other one also was a smallish game with Duke Nukem but no FPS...
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Pay Bruce Campbell to re-record all of the Duke Nukem voice audio clips in all the Duke Nukem games.
Doable.
Pay Bruce Campbell to re-record all of Gaston's voice acting in Beauty and the Beast.
Doable.
Pay someone to make new episodes of Invader Zim and Firefly.
Zim is in license hell and I don't think Jhonen Vasquez is up to continuing anyway. He did make a funny M.S.I. music video though. Whedon has no wish to continue Firefly, despite the fact that it is his only decent work.
Pay smoth to develop Spring Engine Games Full Time.
Noble.
Pay Mark Hamil to re-record the Jokers lines from every batman movie that includes the joker.
Certainly. He'd probably do it.
Buy Sony and Nintendo, then force Sony to release a PS3 patch that will let me use it to play wii games in HD and use Wii controllers on the PS3...
Why not just force Nintendo to release Wii HD? Sony has nothing positive to contribute to the pool.
Pay someone to replace all the music in the NEW astro-boy anime with music in the style of the original anime, and ra-animate, cell by cell, the original anime in HD.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzstop.
Master-Athmos

Post by Master-Athmos »

No - it really seems to be THE DNF! Here's a live stream announcement where I got told some people even could play it:

http://www.ustream.tv/2kgameslive

EDIT:
Homepage is up:
http://www.dukenukemforever.com/

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”