Starcraft 2 - Page 10

Starcraft 2

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Wombat

Re: Starcraft 2

Post by Wombat »

imo, ultimate strat is to kill 1 scv, load rest to command center, fly it somewhere where enemy cannot see u without air units and start spamming stuff like =desync_error_detected 239 etc. nub leaves and u win ! TROLOLOLOL
Andrej

Post by Andrej »

Wombat wrote:imo, ultimate strat is to kill 1 scv, load rest to command center, fly it somewhere where enemy cannot see u without air units and start spamming stuff like =desync_error_detected 239 etc. nub leaves and u win ! TROLOLOLOL
Not as funny without the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45-59VYDyjc
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

haha, ye thx :D
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

Andrej wrote:
Wombat wrote:imo, ultimate strat is to kill 1 scv, load rest to command center, fly it somewhere where enemy cannot see u without air units and start spamming stuff like =desync_error_detected 239 etc. nub leaves and u win ! TROLOLOLOL
Not as funny without the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45-59VYDyjc
better :mrgreen: :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRdAc0LE ... re=related
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

Having a problem again:

In practise mode there are these rocks that prevent me from scouting or from making early attacks.
In coop I have a good routine with protoss and warp gates and I just crush all the AI enemies.
However that doesnt work thanks to the rocks, so the terran opponent can tech up nicely and Im pretty screwed.
What do you do against 20 battlecruisers? (Your screwed).

Is this practice mode useful or does it just suck?
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

Johannes

Post by Johannes »

This one is even better though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNwlsEXvkxo
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

http://sc2ranks.com/eu/279692/rANDY

390th ranked player in the world, 130somethingth in Europe. I just watched my old buddy from NS, Painuser, take 3rd in MLG Dallas! Take the next IEM for me eh rAndy :D
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

How can you say top 390th in the world when you cant play against people from another continent?
Just curious I dont want to piss you off.

My newest sc2 discovery is grid hotkeys, since Im new and I didnt spend much time learning the normal hotkeys I think I will switch to those.
The good thing is every race has the same hotkeys now.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Machete234 wrote:How can you say top 390th in the world when you cant play against people from another continent?
Just curious I dont want to piss you off.

My newest sc2 discovery is grid hotkeys, since Im new and I didnt spend much time learning the normal hotkeys I think I will switch to those.
The good thing is every race has the same hotkeys now.
It's based on ladder point rating, which as I understand it is loosely an Elo rating (look that up, it's interesting). So if 390 people have a higher score than you do, and everyone else in the world has a lower score than you do, then you are ranked 390th in the world.

Like you say though, you can't play onto other servers, so I have no idea how they calculate the ratings relative to each other. Maby there's just an assumption that the average player fits in there equally somehow. Right now though, Korean servers have the highest ranked players, US has the second highest, and European has the third. Based on the tournament results so far, I'd say it's loosely accurate. The best US and Euro players haven't been doing that great in Korea, and the US and Euro players are pretty neck a neck in the Euro and US tournies, with a slight edge being given to the US players, who have taken something like 3/5 of the tournies and had more high placers for the most part.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfAZ1hE1NxU

Live shoutcast of Randy in a tourney finals.
PRO_rANDY

Post by PRO_rANDY »

urg that finals was horrible, looking back I was so bad :P the next LAN by that company, i41, is this weekend and the prizepool is up to £5k, some better players coming over to play (DeMuslim, MaDFroG, SarenS, Socke) but hoping to do well, most of it should be streamed live.

I had a rematch vs Pureball two days ago, just a sponsored showmatch for £100 but I feel those games I played much better, it should be on youtube today or tomorrow (thread http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmes ... _id=167368 ). Maybe I'm biased but I feel these games were much better :P
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

Do I see that right that switching the chrystal that the command center sends the probes to 10 times a second is totally unnesesary and its just to get higher apm?
PRO_rANDY

Post by PRO_rANDY »

It seems only the bad players care about what their apm is, the good players just do what gives them the best chance of winning. In this case they are doing it just to warm up their hands and mouse accuracy for when they need it later in the game.
pintle

Post by pintle »

The last game was cool to watch, stupid Reapers :<

Gz making it to finals!
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

It saddens me the only reason Andy returned to the Spring Forums was to post in the Starcraft thread :cry: Oh and [PRO]Muffy says hai or something.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

When's the next thing you're playing that's likely to be live casted rAndy?

I'm not familiar with Pureball as a player myself, but I can't imagine any Dignitas player is much of a pushover. There was talk of Sjow and Select both going out east for the next GSL.
xzalion

Post by xzalion »

I played Starcarft 2 & it suck big time, money wasted on grap :-)
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

xzalion my friend <3
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

spring players big dick swingin at SC2 tourneys.. im so proud

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”