Hobo Joe wrote:
Single player campaign = worth every penny.
You payed $60 for a third of it fyi, rest doesn't come out for years
I knew what I was buying. Would be a solid buy at twice the price (Ok, not really, and I would have preferred $50 as a price point. $60 is tolerable.) Seriously, it's SO GOOD though.
1) Meta-mission resource/research structure and branching storyline are both pretty solid.
2) Approximately the same number of missions as the original game.*
3) Pretty happy with the level design. Besides the basic RTS missions, you also have:
- an AOS/DOTA style mission
- a Single hero dungeon style mission
- Whatever the hell Zeratul lvl2 was. (Kind of like dota but you control the creeps, and the hero keeps re-spawning and attacking you)
- Zombie swarm level with day/night cycle
- superweapon micro level (very much like the last imperial guard mission in Winter Assault)
I'm only like half-way through.
I'll be honest. Multiplayer is fun and I'm going to spend some time there, but I buy these games for the campaign. After all, if all I wanted was solid multiplayer I'd fire up a Spring game.
*Seriously, this one bugs me. How can you claim it "splits the game into three parts" when each one is the same length as starcraft 1 or brood war?