World Cup Footy Thread! - Page 5

World Cup Footy Thread!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jazcash

Re: World Cup Footy Thread!

Post by Jazcash »

Sucky_Lord wrote:
Zydox wrote:I feel sorry for the refs...

* ppl are always complaining about them
* they don't get that much paid...
* you never hear cheers if they've done something great, but if they miss something... deaththreats and crap like that will follow...

I have no clue why anyone would be a ref...
This.
This.

Ref's are so old fashioned too nowadays... The technology exists to be able to quickly play back a bunch of replays and then make the decision from there. It would be a much more fair system and you wouldn't have as much acting from the players, cheating or complaining. That way, incidents like Kaka's red wouldn't happen.
knorke

Post by knorke »

but fans want someone to shout at. complaining about a referee is better entertainment than just saying how these people with the slow motion cameras always get everything right.
Erom

Post by Erom »

Do you really think shouting at refs is better entertainment than a sport that is actually fair? I know instant replay did a LOT of good for american football.
knorke

Post by knorke »

for the sport it would be better, no question.
but then how many people watch soccer seriously and how many just watch it for the drama during worldcups?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

ENGAHLAND. ENGAHLAND. ENGAHLAND ENGAHLAND ENGAHLAND. ENGAHLAND! ENGAHLAND! ENGAHLAND. ENGAHLAND.

Wewt.
knorke

Post by knorke »

SCHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND
SCHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND
SCHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

SCHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND
SCHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND
SCHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

Jazcash wrote:Ref's are so old fashioned too nowadays... The technology exists to be able to quickly play back a bunch of replays and then make the decision from there. It would be a much more fair system and you wouldn't have as much acting from the players, cheating or complaining. That way, incidents like Kaka's red wouldn't happen.
I think I heard something about this... ppl discussing if they should implement the same style as in hockey, but AFAIK FIFA didn't want to introduce it as it would remove some of the flow from the game...
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

lol

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

http://news.slashdot.org/submission/126 ... -Seriously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYDV0iqPMck
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

bai bai italia
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Italy gewt pawnnnned.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Pxtl wrote:I'm happy to hear that the South Africans let the fookin' Prawns come out to watch the games.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

USA beat by Ghana. I lofflemaicoptered.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Jazcash wrote:
Sucky_Lord wrote:
Zydox wrote:I feel sorry for the refs...

* ppl are always complaining about them
* they don't get that much paid...
* you never hear cheers if they've done something great, but if they miss something... deaththreats and crap like that will follow...

I have no clue why anyone would be a ref...
This.
This.

Ref's are so old fashioned too nowadays... The technology exists to be able to quickly play back a bunch of replays and then make the decision from there. It would be a much more fair system and you wouldn't have as much acting from the players, cheating or complaining. That way, incidents like Kaka's red wouldn't happen.
Refs are like mods, you have a masochist to begin with. Also, there is the power, and the betsmafia, so they do it for the family.
babbles

Post by babbles »

So. Officials at the German England game...
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

What the fuck, get some technology in the goals. Lampard was robbed. Im disgusted.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Sucky_Lord wrote:What the fuck, get some technology in the goals. Lampard was robbed. Im disgusted.
I know, what a complete bucketload of total shite. Why can't Fifa just use camera technology like Rugby and every other fair self-respecting Sport? Or at least give all the linesmen and refs free personal opticians.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Jazcash wrote:
Sucky_Lord wrote:What the fuck, get some technology in the goals. Lampard was robbed. Im disgusted.
I know, what a complete bucketload of total shite. Why can't Fifa just use camera technology like Rugby and every other fair self-respecting Sport? Or at least give all the linesmen and refs free personal opticians.
At the shop i work in we have security tags on items that set off sirens if they pass through a gate unremoved. Im unsure as to why they cant use this amazingly complex and expensive technology in the goals.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Firstly, England sucked. 4-1 to Germany and well deserved. Not because Germany played great, but because England played terrible. Worst game England have ever played a the Cup, Rooney was shocking and nobody else in the squad stood out either.

Secondly, Capello sucks. He swaps in Heskey in desperation, why? Heskey's useless. Get Crouch in there for God's sakes. Then he says we played well. I mean really, how out of sync can you be to watch that game and say that the worst game England have played in the Cup was a game they played well in. He can't even speak the frickin' language.

Thirdly, Fifa state they're not using modern camera technology because it's too costly. GTFO. If you can pay millions and billions for player's wages, buying new players, top of the range luxuries, and even for the cameras and slow-mo equipment to broadcast to every TV in the world, you can afford the technology to base the game's decisions upon. I mean, even giving the ref a little portable TV so he can quickly replay certain camera angles would be more fair than the current system of "I'm blind, therefore it didn't happen".

Fourthly, get real England, stop hyping the team up when they clearly can't play to save their lives. We struggled every game in the Cup all the way through. Couldn't even beat Algeria, what makes people think we could beat Germany? Some folks even said it would be easy, "4-0 for England", get real.
The more we hype them up, the more we'll be disappointed when they finally go out as they do every single Cup, also the more the press will slag 'em off and the more pressure is on the player's and manager's heads.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Sucky_Lord wrote:
Jazcash wrote:
At the shop i work in we have security tags on items that set off sirens if they pass through a gate unremoved. Im unsure as to why they cant use this amazingly complex and expensive technology in the goals.
Because the gates aren't designed to check if the tag passed a specific line as "it's within one meter" is good enough? Also note how close the sensor panels are together, since you can't place anything in the goal you'd have a separation of several meters and I don't think the (electro?) magnetic field would be strong enough over that distance.

They're trialling goal refs in national leagues currently but haven't deployed them in the World Cup.

Well whatever, the ignored goal wasn't enough to make England win anyway (some claim it would have changed the way the game played out, I disagree, the morale effects were present anyway as the German team played like arse for a long time after that, only recovering quite a bit later).

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”