World Cup Footy Thread! - Page 7

World Cup Footy Thread!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jazcash

Re: World Cup Footy Thread!

Post by Jazcash »

I zomgled. Stoopid braziliorn own goaled it D:
Gota

Post by Gota »

Needed some more white players on the field ;)
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Jazcash wrote:I zomgled. Stoopid braziliorn own goaled it D:
... Yeah, I'd be worried about ending like a certain Colombian back in the mid-'90s.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Felipe Melo most hated man in Brazil right now.

Own goal and petty red card.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Wow this ending to uraguay-ghana is spectacular
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Really cool game and the fucking insane ending :O

They're without Suarez now though so...
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

It was a pathetic handball at the end there. He should be banned from playing imo, it was premeditated and precise
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Just remember that the free kick wasn't really justified in the first place... Yep it was a dirty move but Suarez is a hero now XD
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

If they can make it through to the final then Suarez will play in that. But really, good for him. If he hadn't had hand-balled it in would have gone in and that would've been Ghana's win. He was smart enough to know that he should hand ball it instead of risking a header.

All in all, that's the best game I've seen all Cup. Lots of opportunities, some nice goals and near-goal action always makes for fun watching.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Jazcash wrote:But really, good for him. If he hadn't had hand-balled it in would have gone in and that would've been Ghana's win. He was smart enough to know that he should hand ball it instead of risking a header.
You are a bit of a nobber tbh. Handballing when necessary isnt how the game should be played.

I found something for you jaz http://www.aferry.to/quote/Booking/AFRY ... 0702224827

Thought you might like to be a bit more centralized in your home country
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Sucky_Lord wrote:
Jazcash wrote:But really, good for him. If he hadn't had hand-balled it in would have gone in and that would've been Ghana's win. He was smart enough to know that he should hand ball it instead of risking a header.
You are a bit of a nobber tbh. Handballing when necessary isnt how the game should be played.

I found something for you jaz http://www.aferry.to/quote/Booking/AFRY ... 0702224827
I refuse to take the legitimacy of football seriously until they actually use the technology they already have to better the game.

I couldn't care less how the game should be played, I just like seeing the right players win. More Ghana players went down acting in that game that Uruguayans did. South Africans generally tend to cheat more and get away with whatever they can. I was cheering for Uruguay from the start anyway.

If hand-balling would get Suarez suspended from football completely or would've given Ghana an auto-goal, then I'm sure he wouldn't have hand-balled it. He was willing to take the sacrifice of a red card in the hope that it would be worth it. It paid off, good on him.

If you're gunna get all up in mai grill about what is right and wrong in football then complain to Fifa.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

We see it rather differently. He cheated so that his team wouldnt lose to the better team. I fail to see how you can look at that any differently.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Sucky_Lord wrote:We see
Sucky_Lord wrote: I fail to see
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

The guy next to him is going for it as well :D

Haters ghana hate
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Sucky_Lord wrote:We see it
Sucky_Lord wrote:I fail to see how
I believe this is a case of 'learn to speak english'
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

It was not an own goal. He touched the ball but it didn't change direction at all, without him touching it it would have been a goal too.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Sucky_Lord wrote: I believe this is a case
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Jaz, Sucky, do not troll one another.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

technically its not a cheat; you can touch the ball with your hand, its just that you must also suffer the consequences

we see this same sort of thing more often when there's a break and the last defender back slide tackles the incoming player and gets a caution for it... its like you're losing a BA game, and go for the blind last-ditch com drop in order to restore parity :D

huge risk to take, but in this case it paid off.

its certainly not an honorable tactic.

*edit: and yes i'm biased, defenitely a fan of uruguay. but yeah, cheesy sort of tactic there
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

at the start of the game, and during most of the game, i was kind of neutral there (ghana - uruguay), but in the... extension time(?), it got clear to me that ghana should win.
also... the illegal hand defense: the shot was from what.. 2m or 3m before the goal, and the guy was at the line. it should be pretty obvious that in the time he had to react, it would not have been possible to move his head there, or to really think about the consequences of doing this or that. so it was neither smart to use hands instead of head, nor can you really blame him for being unfair, as it was certainly no planing behind it, like in a chess move or whatever.
Also my favorite game so far, from the ones i have seen. Sad that Ghana lost though.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”