Movie recommendation - Page 41

Movie recommendation

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

rattle
Damned Developer

Re: Movie recommendation

Post by rattle »

Dark knight rises....
the first two thirds were rather good, the last third was full of shit
Rumpelstiltskin

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

rattle wrote:
Dark knight rises....
the first two thirds were rather good, the last third was full of shit
Worst in the trilogy.
WombatTheUnstoppable wrote:Wyatt Earp is great, if you like rather slow western movies.
Id recommend "unforgiven" and "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

V/H/S was pretty decent; i expected crap; it's like paranormal activity except it tries to explain less and more penises get bitten off
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:Dark knight rises....
I think the acting was fine.
O rly?

Personnaly I expect the movie to age very badly, due to all the turbine noise and over-dramatic music.

rattle wrote:25th Reich Web Teaser 1 HD
This video is not available in your country. Learn more.
Sorry about that.

they dont want us to get silly ideas right?
Same. Then I googled http://vimeo.com/30833708

The Nazi saucers looks like copied from Iron Sky
Rumpelstiltskin

Eden lake.
A nice suspense/thriller movie.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Check out Headhunters. A suspenseful thriller with twist after twist after twist. Great entertainment.
Rumpelstiltskin

Suspense/thriller/horror:Triangle
Not sure why this got such a low score...really good film especially if you notice the reference to Greek mythology inn the middle of the movie.
Must be all the morons who didnt understand what was going on.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

TheMightyOne wrote:Check out Headhunters. A suspenseful thriller with twist after twist after twist. Great entertainment.

ooh, i have this one already, haven't watched it. looks great

"cabin in the woods" is freaking hilarious. joss whedon (firefly) wrote it; if you like a thick helping of cheese with your horror (freddy / jason / evil dead) then you'll probably like this one

spoiler : unicorn impalement
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

KaiserJ wrote: "cabin in the woods"
loved it! :mrgreen:

reminded me a bit on Tucker and Dale vs Evil, i think it was recommended here already.
Rumpelstiltskin

Couldn't get decent english subtitles for Headhunters...
smoth

Post by smoth »

TheMightyOne wrote:
KaiserJ wrote: "cabin in the woods"
loved it! :mrgreen:

reminded me a bit on Tucker and Dale vs Evil, i think it was recommended here already.
I loved tucker and dale, I now want to see cabin in the woods
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Just watched "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (English version) and it was superb. Mystery lovers should dig this one.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

TheMightyOne wrote:Check out Headhunters. A suspenseful thriller with twist after twist after twist. Great entertainment.
I agree, great entertainment. Not a comedy at all but still very LOL.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i used alternative subs for headhunters (recommended in the torrent comments *cough* i mean the video store >_>)

they still weren't fantastic though

actually watched V/H/S again because i couldn't stop thinking about it (more accurately the second two storylines)

carpenter how would you rate the american dragon tattoo against the original? i'm a fan of the books and the movie series but have been reluctant to try it

anyone saw this one? looks like a zombie flick, but with clowns instead of zombies
Rumpelstiltskin

After the wedding (2006).
Don't read what the movie is about...
Its really good with amazing performances.
You will be pressed to find such subtle and life like acting in hollywood movies.
It will hit you right in the feels.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

A few more good ones:

Buried
A simple plan
Leviathan (an old B movie really, but it still entertains)
The Ruins
Flightplan
The Descent (there is also a sequel that is a bit worse)
The Brave One
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

I heartily second "Cabin in the Woods"

Also: "Moonrise Kingdom" <- I saw it twice now and I still want to rewatch, the atmosphere is wonderful. Might not be everyones cup of tea, cause Wes Anderson is a wierd director (in a very good way), but imo it is at once more approachable and more intense than most of his works.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Saw Looper at the cinema about a week ago, kind of an average movie. If you watch it expecting something on the same level as inception you'll be disappointed. The start and ends are alright but a large chunk of the middle of it drags on a bit and can get dull.

Also, Joseph Gordon-Levitt's eyebrows creeped me out. Still, may be worth seeing it just to see Bruce Willis with funky punk hair.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

yeah moonrise kingdom was great. GF wanted to watch it, and i was on the fence, but it all turned out okay. the movie certainly had an interesting atmosphere to it

finally broke down and got the seasons of breaking bad; watching my way through the end of season 2 tonight... it's pretty good, i can see why people like it, although it's still throwing me off to see the dad from malcolm in the middle being all serious (but at the same time, being just as sneaky and just as tight-ropey in his schemes)

also i've been watching all of the "espn 30-for-30" documentaries, they are of an extremely high quality and if you have even a passing interest in sports / massive downfalls / triumph of the human spirit then you should give them a go: i recommend "the two escobars" (about the how the narco trade in columbia in the late 70's early 80's allowed pablo escobar an eventually deadly level of control over the countrys national football team)
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Jazcash wrote:Saw Looper at the cinema about a week ago, kind of an average movie. If you watch it expecting something on the same level as inception you'll be disappointed. The start and ends are alright but a large chunk of the middle of it drags on a bit and can get dull.

Also, Joseph Gordon-Levitt's eyebrows creeped me out. Still, may be worth seeing it just to see Bruce Willis with funky punk hair.
I come to realize that my opinion on these matters is suspect at best... but I enjoyed Looper... spent much of the movie being impressed by the set-dressing/costuming and subtle near future sci-fi feel so it's entirely possible I was being bored by the story. It was a good date movie because it gave my wife and I something to talk about over coffee afterwards.

It's no Momento or Inception or Twelve Monkeys, like you say, but it's a decent enough rated R action movie trying to tell an interesting story.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”