Movie recommendation - Page 25

Movie recommendation

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Gota

Re: Movie recommendation

Post by Gota »

SinbadEV wrote:
Gota wrote:I think it had some major casting issues...Dannis hopper as the bad guy was probably the biggest mistake in that movie...
The only place for him is in movies like Blue velvet...

In water world i mostly enjoyed When they showed how they all lived....
It's like in Avatar...The "national geographic" part was the best and the following action and conflict ruined it.
I don't know, I like the sci-fi/world part a lot but... there were a also lot of pretty awesome explosions... and skidoo chases.
sigh..at least specify what movie of the two you mean?
i think the part of the conflict was written and executed in a retarded way in both avatar and water world...Was just plain dumb.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Gota wrote:
SinbadEV wrote:
Gota wrote:I think it had some major casting issues...Dannis hopper as the bad guy was probably the biggest mistake in that movie...
The only place for him is in movies like Blue velvet...

In water world i mostly enjoyed When they showed how they all lived....
It's like in Avatar...The "national geographic" part was the best and the following action and conflict ruined it.
I don't know, I like the sci-fi/world part a lot but... there were a also lot of pretty awesome explosions... and skidoo chases.
sigh..at least specify what movie of the two you mean?
i think the part of the conflict was written and executed in a retarded way in both avatar and water world...Was just plain dumb.
How many skidoo branded jet-skiis were there in Avatar?
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

waterworld was good until we see the smokers, and then the smokers aircraft carrier. the scene in which loas of oars come out of the aircraft carrier and it starts rowing along is surely the dumbest thing ever
Gota

Post by Gota »

TBH though, if all the world was to be covered in water no human would be able to survive.
No land, no fruit, perhaps some algae and some underwater vageis but really..
You'd have to eat raw fish to survive and get all the nutrients.
There would of course be storms to deal with and the only way to get water would be from rain...I suppose with enough preparations some people would manage to sustain some sort of water supply but the storms... will probably be much fiercer and would be their undoing.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Costner was responsible and starred in some really retarded films...
Postman for example...
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Gota wrote:Costner was responsible and starred in some really retarded films...
Postman for example...
Postman was ALSO awesome... poor billy.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

postman was great
Gota

Post by Gota »

If you construct a person out of all the majority of costner's movies youd have a sentimental hick with down's syndrome.
Regret

Post by Regret »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqXDClVJ2Ow

Not exactly a movie but certainly contains more humor than some comedy movies. :regret:
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

you drunk (or drugs) ?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

just special sense of humor
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

special indeed...
Regret

Post by Regret »

Mean people. :c
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Strange Days, reminded me a bit of Journey to the End of the Night, which I also loved.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Gota wrote:If you construct a person out of all the majority of costner's movies youd have a sentimental hick
haha, oh god its true
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Just finished watching Into the Wild and wow...

This movie blew my mind. I don't want to raise your expectations too high but it skyrocketed into my All-Times-Top and I'll definately rewatch this at a later point in my life.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Hm didn't find it that exciting when I saw it.. although I did kind of feeling like hiking. :P
Panda

Post by Panda »

TheMightyOne wrote:Just finished watching Into the Wild and wow...

This movie blew my mind. I don't want to raise your expectations too high but it skyrocketed into my All-Times-Top and I'll definately rewatch this at a later point in my life.
Looks like a great movie recommendation, especially if you're into exploring nature. Not everyone is into that or the idea of exploring Alaska even though I've heard that it's very pretty and cold, but I'm sure that the theme of finding yourself goes along really well with this kind of movie. I had never heard of this movie until you mentioned it, but it was grouped in with recommendations of other movies that I liked such as The Road, Beowulf, and 300. I think that it sounds great!

I agree with the main character that people are often controlled by their material possessions when they have too many of them too.

I bet that there are some really beautiful nature scenes in this movie. I wonder if they are going to show the aurora or penguins. Penguins are so cute! If you catch one, they just flop over side and faint as a defense mechanism.

TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Panda wrote:... and 300 ...
Really? O_o
Panda wrote: I agree with the main character that people are often controlled by their material possessions when they have too many of them too.
Its not just that imo... I asked myself many times what we actually need to live and be happy? Society? Technology? Luxury? None of that. For all I care I'd grab the people I love, few close friends, my guitar move to a warm big island in the ocean and live a happy life.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

Panda wrote:Penguins are so cute! If you catch one, they just flop over side and faint as a defense mechanism.
Stupid backwards-ass penguin behaviour. I tried to make friends with one once and the little bastard pecked me.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”