Original TA3D here. Screenshots inside and help requested :) - Page 3

Original TA3D here. Screenshots inside and help requested :)

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jools
XTA Developer

Re: Original TA3D here. Screenshots inside and help requested :)

Post by Jools »

Does ta3d work with the bugfix mod? I guess it should.
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

I tried it and the one thing that disturbs me is the horrible cursor movement in fullscreen mode.
You would need an option like the "hardware accelrated cursor" in spring.
My fps are ok at ~60 and in window mode the cursor works great but not in fullscreen.

You could imagine the problem as if you had a massive input lag.

Also I miss the cool features in spring but thats normal when it has the same features as the original game.

For example I didnt find nanos (never played OTA) so you have to build several factories in oder to produce faster.
Or you cant show where the metal spots are you have to search for them.
Gameplay wise spring is better then OTA then I think.
(Never played OTA, just TA3D now)
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Machete234 wrote:I tried it and the one thing that disturbs me is the horrible cursor movement in fullscreen mode.
You would need an option like the "hardware accelrated cursor" in spring.
My fps are ok at ~60 and in window mode the cursor works great but not in fullscreen.

You could imagine the problem as if you had a massive input lag.

Also I miss the cool features in spring but thats normal when it has the same features as the original game.

For example I didnt find nanos (never played OTA) so you have to build several factories in oder to produce faster.
Or you cant show where the metal spots are you have to search for them.
Gameplay wise spring is better then OTA then I think.
(Never played OTA, just TA3D now)
OMFWTF I shouldn't have to post this in this thread BUT just as Spring is Not TA, the complaints you have have nothing to do with TA3D but in fact the Mods made for OTA, Try finding absolute annihilation or uberhack or OTA XTA
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Btw who else is annoyed by people saying "OTA" when they could just as well just type TA
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

"TA" is too ambiguous.
Babax

Post by Babax »

TA3D designed to feels and plays like TA, so it`s no wander, that it does looks similar in static. We aiming to replace TA units and maps with HD ones, but preserving the TA modability and gameplay.

Spring is vastly universal, than TA3D aims to, but still TA3D supports all the TA modding abilities and adding some more for modders like power shields, teleportings and so on, so people could create TA-style mods easy and fast.

Soon will be the new version of free resources ready with this models:

Untill it`s done you can use TA demo resources, or totala1.hpi + any map file in /ta3d/resources/ folder to play scirmish.
(Or some more to play TA campaign :P )
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Ahh, that's much more convincing! Thank you.

Oh, right, I remember hearing about this just a short while ago... or, I guess it was a while ago now. This is something I'd like to support in any way possible since OTA, imo, was not a game that needed massive improvements. Spring adds a lot of new possibilities, but they're not something that's needed or wanted in every game style.

More than anything, all I'd want to see changed in a "new" TA engine would be group area commands (especially load/unload), repeat commands, and the ability to select multiple builders for construction the way you can in Spring.

Oh, and pathfinding of course. Specifically, in OTA when you hit a certain number of units, the pathfinding engine dies and trying to do things like cross a bridge causes the units to just stack up.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I suppose once its closer to being complete its gonna be taken over by TA escalation and TA Excess..Those are very impressive mods.
Babax

Post by Babax »

Caydr - yes, the area commands for loading/unloading/teleporting units and repeat command most likely will be implemented soon :P

Conserning the restrictions that OTA engine had (max unit ID limit of 512, max. N of weapons per unit and so on...) TA3D engine allows to have infinite number of different units and weapons per unit available as long as MegaZoom and some other nice features.

And yeah, most likely that TA:Escalation and TA:Excess1/2 mods will be quite a good choice to play in TA3D!
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

What does one need to do in order to make a pure OTA mod work on your engine?

I could always put forum trolling on the backburner for a couple weeks and make a new version of AA with some Spring-inspired changes if this works well.

I doubt it would get any recognition but it would be an interesting project.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Caydr wrote:What does one need to do in order to make a pure OTA mod work on your engine?

I could always put forum trolling on the backburner for a couple weeks and make a new version of AA with some Spring-inspired changes if this works well.

I doubt it would get any recognition but it would be an interesting project.
do it

also this deserves to be in general discussion why did you humbly put this in the trolling forum? You deserve better Babax

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”