Valve viral stuff going on (Portal 2 announced!) - Page 2

Valve viral stuff going on (Portal 2 announced!)

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Re: Valve viral stuff going on

Post by AF »

I did infact google it, only to be presented with youtube videos that would have spoilt the end of portal for me
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Peet wrote:
SinbadEV wrote:PS3
SinbadEV wrote:wealth.
Credit Cards are Evil Evil Things...
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

aegis wrote:nah, some of these communities uncover things pretty fast...
Ah, this is being investigated simultaneously by 4chan and SomethingAwful. It's like harnessing the collective will of mankind, but unfortunately only for a limit of about 3 hours a day when they're not all watching hentai.
Hobo Joe wrote:Steam is going to come out on Mac, likely with Mac support for all the Valve titles.

I don't give a crap about Mac BUT that's practically like giving Linux support, which means I just might finally ditch Windows forever. :D
Yeah. I was thinking this exact same thing too.

Bullshit in italics.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

AF wrote:I did infact google it, only to be presented with youtube videos that would have spoilt the end of portal for me
Stop what you're doing right now and go play Portal. It's not that long - a decent FPS gamer should be able to handle it in about 4-5 hours, and every second of it is awesome.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Pxtl wrote:
AF wrote:I did infact google it, only to be presented with youtube videos that would have spoilt the end of portal for me
Stop what you're doing right now and go play Portal. It's not that long - a decent FPS gamer should be able to handle it in about 4-5 hours, and every second of it is awesome.
SRSLY, if you haven't beaten portal you are in the same category as those who have not seen the Matrix or StarWars or don't know what AYBABTU is all about.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

AYBABTU?

edit: All your base are belong to us, got it.
knorke

Post by knorke »

SinbadEV wrote:
Pxtl wrote:
SRSLY, if you haven't beaten portal you are in the same category as those who have not seen the Matrix or StarWars or don't know what AYBABTU is all about.
have you seen those cat pictures
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

This isn't the furry thread.
Erom

Post by Erom »

Seriously, get off the forums and go play Portal. Do it.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I appreciate Portal on a strictly intellectual level.
Attachments
moto_0104.jpg
moto_0104.jpg (86.15 KiB) Viewed 790 times
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

CUBE - you saved it from fire! Cadyr you are my heroe!
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

It's mine now and as you can see we've started a family together.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

now THAT would be a mindf*** and a half... if in one of these updates they sneaked a way to save the companion cube.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Link distant related. Let only games with hands on convince you.
Nothing else. Do not divide your attention on advertisements, instead search for games nearly nobody else knows. That way i found Spring.

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/ ... ou-re-sold
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

SinbadEV wrote:SRSLY, if you haven't beaten portal you are in the same category as those who have not seen the Matrix or StarWars or don't know what AYBABTU is all about.
i think mines broken, there arent any enemies

but seriously games like this don't offer a challenge per se, you aren't pitted against anything that requires a significant amount of twitch skill, or even a human opponent; you are in competition with yourself to use your problem solving abilities... which i find in my life at least are tested enough on a day to day basis.

not to diss the game either; i just don't have any motivation to play it because i don't think it will be satisfying for me to complete; i'd rather be headshottin' nubs.

everyone can beat a single player game... the true challenges come when you are pitted against another human!
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

KaiserJ wrote:
SinbadEV wrote:SRSLY, if you haven't beaten portal you are in the same category as those who have not seen the Matrix or StarWars or don't know what AYBABTU is all about.

but seriously games like this don't offer a challenge per se, you aren't pitted against anything that requires a significant amount of twitch skill, or even a human opponent; you are in competition with yourself to use your problem solving abilities... which i find in my life at least are tested enough on a day to day basis.

not to diss the game either; i just don't have any motivation to play it because i don't think it will be satisfying for me to complete; i'd rather be headshottin' nubs.

everyone can beat a single player game... the true challenges come when you are pitted against another human!
You are one of the "Gamers" I have to make exceptions for when I try to make generalizations about Gamer culture... like jocks who play sports based video games and when my dad used to play WarCraftII and Wolfenstein 3D... Or my wife who can still sit down and beat Super Mario 3 and all the Sonic Games yet just doesn't "get it".

I'm not going to convince you with this but the point of a single player game like Portal is the same as watching a good movie.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

KaiserJ wrote:

It's not about waving your e-peen or practicing your twitch. It's about playing an amazing game that's not only beautiful and creative, but is full of amazing mechanics and awesome puzzles. And in some of the cases, you do need to be quick. :>

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!videos=mS ... 2qiGe-OYLc
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

twitch skill
If we are to value that, then truly humanity is doomed. Unless SMBC is right...

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

So... anyway they announced Portal 2.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Did they say anything interesting about it?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”