tf2

tf2

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

oksnoop2

tf2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Anyone play team fortress 2?
Panda

Re: tf2

Post by Panda »

I didn't get a chance to play that game, but it looks like fun. Good for you if you've been having fun playing it.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I played for a while when it came out with the orange box. I never liked the design decision they made with the critical attacks, and some of the new patches I've felt have been poorly executed. It doesn't really have the balanced quality it once did.

Still, a good game, definitely one I'd recommend trying if you haven't already anyways.
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

I really love Ttf's art style, and for the most part it's game play. Is anyone interested in playing it with me?
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

demo man has now been completely nerfed, and has a sword and a shield, sword reduces your life by half, and the shield isn't bullet proof.

These are the type of stupid patches they have done
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I liked TF2 before the patches started coming in, though honestly I didn't like many of the classes simply because of how they played.
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

You don't have to use the new weapons.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Spawn_Retard wrote:demo man has now been completely nerfed, and has a sword and a shield, sword reduces your life by half, and the shield isn't bullet proof.

These are the type of stupid patches they have done
how has it been nerfed?

the sword is really nice in the right situations and the shield does reduce damage by a lot. better than the fucking bottle anyway
overkill

Post by overkill »

A lot of people think the Charge 'n targe + Eyelander is op......

Even if they were useless, how is it a nerf if it is OPTIONAL.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I own a copy but I don't play very much.
maackey

Post by maackey »

Likewise. I stopped playing just about the time when the new upgrades started coming around coincidentally. (just got it a few weeks prior with the orange box iirc)

It was just eating up too much of my bandwith at the time downloading updates and patches and whatnot. (also it was about the time I made the complete switch to linux) Some of the new stuff looks interesting though, but I still have yet to start up a game of it since.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I would be immensely more likely to play with a regular group of people on a server worth playing on.
tombom

Post by tombom »

neddiedrow wrote:I would be immensely more likely to play with a regular group of people on a server worth playing on.
i just found out one of the few servers to actually host KoTH with good numbers has hilariously retarded premium bonuses, stuff like unlimited ammo, much faster moving, hp bonus for kills, quintuple jumping for scouts. it's aburd.
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

How much TF2 is loyal to TFC's physics and gameplay? I've heard that not much. Is the bunnyhopping for example possible?

I'd rather play uglier game with challenging and advanced gameplay than one with beautiful graphics but poor inside.

Check this out. Show why TFC is still fascinating game to play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqBPq48x6GA
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

So just to clarify something. Does anyone that's posted yet actually like tf2?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I do, but nothing is without flaws.
overkill

Post by overkill »

I do.
tombom

Post by tombom »

It's great fun, regardless of the fact I'm terrible at it and there are probably a million and one issues.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

As a purported game developer myself, I very much enjoy the design philosophy. There is no predefined "rock-paper-scissors", everything is very organic. Everything is overpowered and ridiculous, therefore everything is balanced. Also enjoy the "critical attacks" thing, where you can randomly become uber-op for a few seconds to enhance that once-an-hour thrill of being (by chance or skill) on a roll.

Games should be fun, numerical hardcore scientific balance is an illusion at best. If I had to choose between TF2's over-the-top craziness and CS:S's twitch-based every-gun-feels-the-same statistic-overload, the choice is obvious.

I recommend watching the developer commentaries if you get a chance, they are interesting and sometimes even educational.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

meh, I got bored of tf2 in approx 5 minutes

every fps feels muted after tribes anyway

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”