Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neddie
Community Lead

Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Neddie »

I'm very busy so I'm going to try to avoid playing it again, because once I start I just can't stop.

I've had games with j5mello, Chapparal and Aegis, among others, so I know I wasn't the only one to purchase. Some others are waiting to see what happens with Left 4 Dead, still others don't want to pay for the title through they're interested in the game, and a select few didn't like the first game and aren't willing to gamble on an advancement.

With L4D2 you get the full package for your budget. Now that Valve has explored the genre and received feedback they're clearly more prepared this time around. Virtually each level of difficulty is more difficult that the corresponding difficulty in the original game. The maps are often open for large areas, and while there are some key points in most campaigns there is much more fluidity. The content placement varies as you progress, so a poorly performing team might be able to recover with the benefits reaped by their earlier failures. Environments have considerably more character, effects and textures are improved greatly, and there are some odder activities. The addition of two game modes extends the game even further than the added difficulty, zombies and map length.

Heh, and the new zombies... not even the special zombies, but the intermediate ones! Clown zombies which attract and lead small groups, zombies with hard hats which are resistant to head shots, zombies in hazmat suits which are resistant to flame and bile, riot armour zombies...

Definitely worth the money if you liked the first title, even if it only held you for thirty or fifty hours. You should get many more out of this iteration. If you thought the original was too unpolished to try, give this a shot with the demo.

I hope to be playing this, along with L4D and KF, into the distant future. Anybody else enjoying it?
[TS]Lollocide

Re: Left 4 Dead 2

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

The Tunnel of Love tank spawn level is fucking gay, its like a pile of rape sauce over a thick black cock*.

But l4d2 is good, but its already gotten its due load of fanboi jizz so I'll leave it at 'Good game, buy it if you have friends who play it'

*The Ai is also a crusty turd.
aegis

Post by aegis »

hardest on normal were the midnight riders stadium and parish freeway run...
realism is pretty cool, and it's not impossible. just takes a bit of getting used to.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Have you tried Scavenge yet, Aegis?
Panda

Post by Panda »

Lol, I've never played that game, but it looks like fun! It could be like Zombieland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=071KqJu7WVo
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

You never played it? Smoth was very critical of the original.

Zombieland was enjoyable. Sometimes I call out the rules while playing L4D/L4D2/KF.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Unfortunately, I don't get to play video games very often even though I like them, unless I'm on break from school. The stuff I've read about it makes it seem like it could be a good game even though I generally don't play games like it. Zombie games are not my preferred kind of video game, but I am not bothered by them and do enjoy watching funny zombie movies and playing zombie games from time to time. One of my favorite zombie arcade games to play is House of the Dead. So, I think that Left 4 Dead 2 could be amusing. If I did check it out and decide that I'm not really into it after all, I could just drop it and go back to playing flight simulators or some kind of other game such as a fitness, anime, sci fi, fantasy, FPS, or puzzle game that I like.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Wait, when did anime and sci-fi become game genre?

I don't get to play much either. Haven't played anything on Spring in a month, and I'm a bloody administrator. :cry:
Panda

Post by Panda »

neddiedrow wrote:Wait, when did anime and sci-fi become game genre?

I don't get to play much either. Haven't played anything on Spring in a month, and I'm a bloody administrator. :cry:
Anime games: http://www.anime-games.co.uk/h-l.php

There are some good ones out there like Record of Lodoss War and Gundam.

Science Fiction Video games:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:S ... ideo_games
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Yes, but these are all games in other, actual genre of play design.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Yeh, I've had this since release date but didn't think it was topic worthy. I'm bored already tbh after the first half playthrough...

Most the games hosted are laggy which really doesn't make anything fun.

What I really hate is the fact there's so much weapons and ammo but not enough zombies to kill.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”