What Peet Took ( and what he declined to share ) - Page 3

What Peet Took ( and what he declined to share )

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Re: What Peet Took ( and what he declined to share )

Post by smoth » 18 Nov 2009, 03:04

she needs a hamburger
0 x

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF » 18 Nov 2009, 04:21

Competitions great gift is that it acts as a provider of momentum. I have momentum already. It also provides ideas, and ideas are something I have by the bucket load. I've had a long time to think about things already.

I also made clear that although the primary beneficiary would have been spring, this was not by design, and I have for years now expressed a desire to free my projects from the shackles of any one engine and development process.

I have a problem in that my code is predominantly tied to the spring engine, and that if I were to leave and cut all ties, I would have to abandon major projects that are prime parts of my portfolio, I would also have to explain why I halted development of healthy active projects.

I also agree with the many people who have made steps towards projects that do not just benefit spring but are more generic.

You would also see that what I had put into Icarus had no direct rival in current existence. There were programs that would rival portions, but its comparing apples and pears at a base level.

Either way what code I have is still of use to me and my other projects, but any involvement in them with the spring community has been thrown out the window completely. This isn't me throwing my toys out the pram, this is me trying to setup an environment where I can work with spring in a sustainable and approachable manner that has subsequently failed.

This community cannot be trusted to keep itself in check, as demonstrated by peet taking deliberate steps to find and exploit my forums despite the obvious wishes for them not to be public.

Even after this he had ample opportunity to be civil and conduct himself with the airs and graces a few other people have. Yet even now the peet crowd deny that it was even wrong, and their conduct has been unhelpful and derogatory. I do not like censorship of that kind, but it is necessary sometimes in order to allow meaningful discussion to actually occur rather than the tit for tat peet so fondly used.
0 x

aegis

Post by aegis » 18 Nov 2009, 04:24

I don't think what peet did was anywhere near the canonical sense of right, but I also believe it didn't fall under my jurisdiction... and I think your ultimatum, however strong, is misguided.
0 x

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF » 18 Nov 2009, 04:28

You mean my golden rule? At the end of the day I havent 'lost' anything at all, if anything I have 'gained' time and removed responsibilities I had given myself to contribute to the community, and allowed myself the freedom to work entirely to another end.

The rule was in addition a test to see if working with spring was still viable. I haven't the interest in dealing with yet more of the spring debacle. I have enough of that working on NTai and posting as a normal forum poster as it is.
0 x

Gota

Post by Gota » 18 Nov 2009, 05:48

hmm...conclusion?I suggest:
"Peet needs a girlfriend/friends,peet needs a girlfriend/friends bad"
0 x

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF » 18 Nov 2009, 06:17

indeed but lets not mention peet
0 x

lurker

Post by lurker » 18 Nov 2009, 06:54

I don't know if you're imagining people saying Peet did a good or even not-wrong thing or what.
0 x

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF » 18 Nov 2009, 07:37

AF wrote:but lets not mention peet
0 x

lurker

Post by lurker » 18 Nov 2009, 07:40

That was about your comments about 'the crowd'.

But I will mention Peet one more time, sorry. It's been requested you remove his name from the subject if you don't want the topic to involve him.
0 x

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF » 18 Nov 2009, 08:18

By peet? I ddint want peet in this thread because he was trolling and trying to laud it over that he hacked my forums for lulz. I do not wish for a discussion of peets actions either. There is a difference between:

and

What Peet did, and was it justified

The most obvious being that the first is a factually truthful statement, and the latter is an opinion and question.

Now considering that in the past dedicated anti AF troll threads have been put up and nothing was done about it ( praise be to cabbage ), I do not think a thread where the OP has specifically requested that discussion other the morality of peets actions be discussed elsewhere, and that peet not post since all his posts have been attempts to troll, is it not rich that I be asked to take action?

Now I apologise to anybody who finds the following patronising, but I cannot rely on the past examples of moderation as my sole argument, instead I present a thorough and logical reasoning behind the thread title. Such an explanation should not be necessary and quite frankly is treating the people here like children, for which I am sorry.

So lets break the thread title apart:

This thread is about the contents of the icarus forum.

Q. What did Peet take?

A: The contents of the Icarus forum

So this thread is about the contents of the Icarus forum, and when we say What Peet took? Well obvious the contents of the Icarus forum. This forms the prime title of the thread.

Thread title WIP: What Peet Took

This thread is also about the entire contents of the Icarus forum. Since this is more a sub detail we shall encase the subtitle in brackets.

Thread title WIP: What Peet Took ( )

Q. What did Peet expose?

A:Almost all of the Icarus forum

What does this involve? 18 or the 22 threads in there. So he did not share those 4 threads. Since this thread is about the whole forum, and peet declined to share 4 of the threads which are in the forum, we can state the following question:

Q. What did peet decline to share?

A:4 threads and several forum posts, as well as an index of the entire forum.

So is this content in the current thread? Yes, and did peet decline to share it? Yes, so what else is inside the current thread that Peet took but did not distribute? The answer to that is what he declined to share.

Giving us:

Thread title WIP: What Peet Took ( what he declined to share )

Obviously thats a bit of a red herring, it doesnt sound right. Since what he declined to share, is added in addition to what he shared, I inserted the word 'and'. Giving us a final thread title:

Now if peet wishes for this threads name to be changed, there is nothing stopping him sending me a private message on the forums or even in the lobby, by email, msn, or even via a phone call or text. The same is true of anybody else who disagrees.

However the title of this thread is not a trolling of peet, and can be constructed out of neutral logical arguements, and the very notion is absurd when the trolling of and trolling by peet inside the thread itself has been stated as undesirable by the original poster himself.

I would also add that regret, since this thread is not intended as a launch platform to attack and deride the original choice, and since after addressing it you continue to make the same attack, you are thus not contributing and further posts of that nature serve no purpose
0 x

ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey » 18 Nov 2009, 08:25

I read the first post and I have to agree, peet is a fag.
0 x

lurker

Post by lurker » 18 Nov 2009, 08:48

What a waste of effort. I was going to make an elaborate analogy to constructing e^(i*pi) + 1 when you could have just used 0, but enough time has been wasted here. "The Icarus Forum" is far more direct, especially if you actually want the topic to be about that and not him. Frankly you're acting a bit childish. You've claimed but haven't shown that the threads Peet missed caused a bias against you in the dump, you're complaining that he doesn't have the forum index page, complaining of people supporting Peet when they don't, etc.
0 x

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF » 18 Nov 2009, 09:04

Nonsense, I would readily say a huge proportion of the community would like to see peet permabanned.
0 x

lurker

Post by lurker » 18 Nov 2009, 09:10

AF wrote:Nonsense, I would readily say a huge proportion of the community would like to see peet permabanned.
I sure hope that's not a response to my post, since it's not even vaguely related.
0 x

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF » 18 Nov 2009, 09:14

I wouldn't claim people in this community support peet outside of a small minority in his inner circle
0 x

smoth

Post by smoth » 18 Nov 2009, 09:47

af, I can understand being a bit upset about someone releasing info you wanted to keep secret..

but you are starting to sound like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxLnAU9p4_M
0 x

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF » 18 Nov 2009, 10:09

To which I say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syvzaK00Ybw

I would say that a forum admin derailing a thread deserves a post talking down on them like a child because of how absurd this whole situation is.
0 x

Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard » 18 Nov 2009, 10:47

AF wrote:Nonsense, I would readily say a huge proportion of the community would like to see peet permabanned.
+1
0 x

Gota

Post by Gota » 18 Nov 2009, 12:45

ChaosMonkey wrote:I read the first post and I have to agree, peet is a fag.
Has anyone disagreed yet?
Also Smoth,I kinda loled at your response a bit since if it was done to you,youd nerd rage for a week.
0 x

Regret

Post by Regret » 18 Nov 2009, 13:34

AF wrote:I would say that a forum admin derailing a thread
Wait what?
0 x

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”