Heroes of Newerth - Page 2

Heroes of Newerth

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

hayyo

Re: Heroes of Newerth Closed Beta Keys giveaway

Post by hayyo »

Please can i have KEY pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
hayyo@live.com
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

hayyo wrote:Please can i have KEY pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
hayyo@live.com
No.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Clever guys put their unobfuscated email addresses on random forums?
knorke

Post by knorke »

he came here by the power of the mighty google!
http://www.google.de/#hl=de&source=hp&q ... +Beta+Keys

(first page)
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

this could be a valid way of getting a big influx of users to look at our site. I assume most would bugger off immediately but chances are that if its some rts closed beta key thing then some may get interested in a good looking different rts

i guess its time to spam starcraft 2 beta key threads
Agon

Post by Agon »

If you have a key join the #hon channel.
We are trying to get a Spring HoN Clan together.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

If you're playing HoN anytime soon, please join my clan [SPRING], we're trying to get some people together who like to play things besides speedmetal and DSD.
Maymne

Post by Maymne »

BaNa wrote:this could be a valid way of getting a big influx of users to look at our site. I assume most would bugger off immediately but chances are that if its some rts closed beta key thing then some may get interested in a good looking different rts

Depends... I only joined because of the fact that it looked like there actually was the possibility and because people said that HoN was awesome. Since, I had someone preorder and send me a code, but... with the people saying that they're ignoring anyone new who is just lurking in the other forums (not having anything to say yet), that sort of reduces the possibility of this working well as a new member recruiting tool... Well, good new member recruiting tool.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

otherside can you hit me up?

also to the randoms... spring is better than HoN anyways, i havent even played, and i already know.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

Maymne wrote:
BaNa wrote:this could be a valid way of getting a big influx of users to look at our site. I assume most would bugger off immediately but chances are that if its some rts closed beta key thing then some may get interested in a good looking different rts

Depends... I only joined because of the fact that it looked like there actually was the possibility and because people said that HoN was awesome. Since, I had someone preorder and send me a code, but... with the people saying that they're ignoring anyone new who is just lurking in the other forums (not having anything to say yet), that sort of reduces the possibility of this working well as a new member recruiting tool... Well, good new member recruiting tool.
The fact that hes saying google bombing spring website is a good recruiting tool is a joke.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

We don't need new members, we need better members. :mrgreen:
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

can someone pm me a key? i see they have a linux version so i like it already :D

kthxbai.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

can i has?
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

i like how people rez this thread, months after it came about and now are asking to play :p.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

any1 who i gave beta keys out to a month or so ago will now have 3 keys themselves to give out :P
maackey

Post by maackey »

I honestly haven't started it up again since the first week I got the beta keys :/

Maybe its just the control of one character, at a fixed camera angle/position, hordes of useless options for equipment/upgrades, and steep learning curve, but I didn't really find it fun.

I suppose most of it is just metagaming, trying to find the best equipment/char combos to have any sort of edge, but I'd actually like a game where the gameplay and skill is required to win, instead of trying to min-max attributes and finding broken items to win.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

maackey wrote:Maybe its just the control of one character, at a fixed camera angle/position, hordes of useless options for equipment/upgrades, and steep learning curve, but I didn't really find it fun.
You kinda summed up there the core mechanics of Defense of The Ancient/Demi God/Heroes of Newerth/Leagues of Legend, and then concluded by: not fun. :? That's like trying a golf game then concluding you don't like golf anyway.

Anyway, I added such a game mode to next Kernel Panic. Except the control will be more "Shoot'n'Run" than "Hack'n'Slash". (Think Alien Shooter/Alien Swarm/Robokill/Madballs not Diablo/Sacred/Loki/Titan Quest.) And I'll lack the whole XP gain / buyable items / special spells / various chars, aspects of the game (until I move it to a more suited Spring mod/game).

So far, technically it works well, but I'm struggling to make it fun.
maackey

Post by maackey »

That's like trying a golf game then concluding you don't like golf anyway.
XD I hate golf too :P

I suppose I can give it another try, I mean it wasn't *horrible*, I dislike having to do extensive research just to get to the basics of the game. I don't mind looking up unit stats to find little attributes and bonuses I might have missed during gameplay, but I'm not going to read a tome before I even start playing.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

@z - why not use Micro Modules for such a game? It's designed for an upgrade-based approach.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Because of the close-up view and the gameplay based around killing of hundreds of mobs, I need a mod with lots of good looking model. Not a mod where the only units are three undescript blobs. The upgrade system, I would recode anyway. It's just the art assets that I can't or don't want to make.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”