Bi-Gender - Page 2

Bi-Gender

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Re: Bi-Gender

Post by smoth »

I think you are confused.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

Tri-Gender
Pi-Gender
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

I think I checked into the wrong forum, sadly I am mistaken.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Guys would switch just to try female sex, not so that theyc an have boobs, infact most guys already have breasts, I bet most of you have bigger breasts than those busty women in that tribute post.

http://www.manboobs.co.uk/submissions/topten
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

Zoombie wrote:The male population, I think, would fluctuate, as would the female population. Cause, well, there are a lot of girls out there who want to switch back and forth too.
Two things:
1. When males become females, it is inevitable that the female population would fluctuate at exactly the same rate (equal in magnitude but opposite in direction) as that of the male population, unless some fatal accidents occur during the processes. Therefore, it doesn't matter if females would like to become males or not.

2. If this power is suddenly granted to everyone in the world, it would be natural that, at any moment, some people are changing from male to female, and vice versa. This will eventually lead to a "dynamic equilibrium", in which the male/female ratio stays pretty much constant because the rate or people becoming female is equal to that of the reverse process. Then we can see which gender is more popular. :mrgreen:
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Pretty much.
Panda

Post by Panda »

I do not think that a man with fake implants looks hot and don't know too many people, whether they're gay, lesbian, or bi, who really do. I'm sure a lot of people would have a difficult time telling a man with boob implants whether or not he or she could make another man or woman happy with those. Yes, I am saying that I would be confused by the boobs.
Last edited by Panda on 13 Sep 2009, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Implants are rather unsatisfying, that's why I'm hoping for some kind of gene therapy/hornome thingy.

Kinda beyond our tech level, but we're advancing all the time, eh?
Gota

Post by Gota »

Hope i'll be long dead before this is invented...
I'm sure there are more pressing issues than trying to find a quick way to change gender.
Anyway,slowly and surely social interaction is becoming less and less personal and in such circumstances gender matters less and less.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Um, just so you know, manipulating the body this way would also, through happy side effect, allow for the curing of most illnesses, genetic defects, and so on and so forth.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Gender doesn't exactly matter much in personal interaction either unless you're being immature.
Gota

Post by Gota »

lurker wrote:Gender doesn't exactly matter much in personal interaction either unless you're being immature.
Example:applying to a job or a certain role in society.
Fact is,even the most "enlightened" societies on earth have male female stigmas,and you can't completely ignore the fact men and women are physiologically different.
smoth

Post by smoth »

lurker wrote:Gender doesn't exactly matter much in personal interaction either unless you're being immature.
or want to breed with the person you are with

or have issues with feeling gay after kissing a transgender

or the fact that you are NOT build to have children but have all the other women bits

or the fact that you could cause a psycological issue for the person who has normal expectations of what a female should be. This could result in heightened paranoiya along with many many many other issues....

Or the fact that some people will consider themself sinful for commiting a homosexual act.

Horomones can give you hips and tits. They will not give you a working reproductive system. They will not make you one thing or another just a Frankenstein.

You really need to talk about this with someone or you may end up having false hopes.

There are consequences for people in your personal life unless that person is into this stuff or that person is just lied to and you make their life a lie.. way to go on that one. They will find out eventually and most people want something real not constructed. Even if a woman get's fake tits(god I hate them) they are still a woman first.

Transgender operations, hormone therapy etc have far reaching effects and most mothers and fathers have the simple instincts that all animals have... you are taking yourself not only out of the breeding pool but removing your ability to be a son to your mother/father.

I am not going to pretend it will go well zoombie, I think you are a nice kid but from what I have read on these things it can go quite unwell.
lurker

Post by lurker »

smoth: I said much. What fraction of the people you interact with do you go out with and kiss or more, let alone consider breeding with? Can't be that high.

basic: I think those stigmas fall under 'immature'. And normally jobs use interviews rather than guessing based on average physiology for the group they are in.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Smoth, I'm sure as fuck not going to change genders with THIS level of technology. I mean, it'd be like going back to the 18th century for a boob job.

I'm waiting to see if the tech improves. And if it doesn't, I'm *bi* gendered, so I'm okay with just being a guy :D
Gota

Post by Gota »

lurker wrote:smoth: I said much. What fraction of the people you interact with do you go out with and kiss or more, let alone consider breeding with? Can't be that high.

basic: I think those stigmas fall under 'immature'. And normally jobs use interviews rather than guessing based on average physiology for the group they are in.
Your naive to think most people are not effected by stigmas attached to their gender.
Would a male kid playing with a barbie doll be thought of as strange?
You can call it "immature" but i think it's just a followup to the inherent differences between males and females.
I think your flipped everything upside down.
You define immature as someone who thinks women and men should be treated differently or are different.
If that is how you define immature than the cause of our disagreement is obvious.
Usually being immature has nothing to do with thinking males and females are different.
In fact young kids treat boys and girls the same and only at an older age they start to separate as the differences between the two groups grow.

Maybe you have used the incorrect term.
If you believe in the full liberation of the woman and that thit is the obvious mature view on this matter than you must think there should be the same percentage of women and men roles and jobs where extreme physical strength is required.
The majority of people on this planet will not fall under your definition of mature.

I think the more subtle differences between an interaction between 2 people of the same gender and two people of the opposite gender is a result of the obvious physiological differences between the male and female.
I don't think it is immature at all and i don't think we can fully control how we treat people of the same sex and people of the opposite sex.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Gota wrote:flipped everything upside down.
In Wes... oh right post to respond to, okay.

When did I say people aren't affected by stigmas? It's just that such stigmas are, in general, bad.

Maturity of mind, hormones can get in the way of that. Seeing the differences and not caring in most situations.

Don't put words into my mouth about job ratios. If you have perfectly fair hiring then overall ratio will be shifted by innate differences, but that doesn't say anything toward individual situations such as a single job opening.

You didn't say anything specific here, I'm going past it.

You don't think people control their actions? Kind of pessimistic.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Yes i think people control their actions just not always consciously.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

bwansy wrote:
Zoombie wrote:The male population, I think, would fluctuate, as would the female population. Cause, well, there are a lot of girls out there who want to switch back and forth too.
Two things:
1. When males become females, it is inevitable that the female population would fluctuate at exactly the same rate (equal in magnitude but opposite in direction) as that of the male population, unless some fatal accidents occur during the processes. Therefore, it doesn't matter if females would like to become males or not.

2. If this power is suddenly granted to everyone in the world, it would be natural that, at any moment, some people are changing from male to female, and vice versa. This will eventually lead to a "dynamic equilibrium", in which the male/female ratio stays pretty much constant because the rate or people becoming female is equal to that of the reverse process. Then we can see which gender is more popular. :mrgreen:
1. Inevitable? What pressures would promote equilibrium? There has, as far as our understanding of history shows, never been a balance in identity nor one in physical sex. Individual actions do have social effects but they can't be evaluated with any measure of accuracy without precedent.
2. Of course people would always be in flux, and given no change in external factors, dynamic equilibrium would eventually be reached.
Gota

Post by Gota »

OK but what if males could have 2 penises instead of one...Would that break the equilibrium?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”