The cost of eyeglasses is a scam - Page 2

The cost of eyeglasses is a scam

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Panda

Re: The cost of eyeglasses is a scam

Post by Panda »

Biomedics medical soft contact lenses are great! They have a UV blocker in a buffered (I learned how to make that in chemistry.) saline solution, are comfortable to wear, and you can go to sleep with them in, but you don't wear them for any longer than a week.
Relative

Post by Relative »

PicassoCT wrote:
Journier wrote:Subject: The cost of eyeglasses is a scam
Relative wrote:
Also you live in the US, where health care is just a giant scam. $400 is insane. My prescription glasses cost me £20 in total, and my prescription sun glasses cost me £80.
Incorrect, Health care in the USA is perfectly fine atliest we dont have to get put on a waiting list to get something major fixed. If you dont have a job then your fucked, go get a job losers. even then you can sign up for government assistance and they will cover your medical costs.

In and out.

Last time i got glasses in the "health care is a scam country" I paid $40 each for 2 pair, and that was with a eye exam.

Just because dumbshits drop 400 dollars on eye glasses that are no different than the cheap pairs doesnt mean everyone is dumb.
So they don┬┤t fire you, if you are illness lasts to long or gets chronic? Oh, i never knew, how good at heart those companys in get through competiton on the free market. Suddenly it all makes sense...

INstitue of Medicine calculates 700 Billions wasted completely.. for exampel on 400$ Glasses. 16% of Americas Gross domestic product are eaten up by the privathealth system every year, while Germany has 10%- guess who is milked, especially since prognosis goes for 25% for 2024 for you..

If you drive to work tomorrow, count the people you meet on your right hand- 1-2-3-4-5 and Number 5 has no medical assurance. That is if you still have five fingers.. :)

I've never understood why such a large contingent in the US is in such a state of denial about the state of health care. Just in case you don't know: IT'S BROKEN.
Panda wrote:Biomedics medical soft contact lenses are great! They have a UV blocker in a buffered (I learned how to make that in chemistry.) saline solution, are comfortable to wear, and you can go to sleep with them in, but you don't wear them for any longer than a week.
How cost effective are contacts? Surely they can't beat a single purchase of cheap glasses that can last literally years.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Relative wrote:
Panda wrote:Biomedics medical soft contact lenses are great! They have a UV blocker in a buffered (I learned how to make that in chemistry.) saline solution, are comfortable to wear, and you can go to sleep with them in, but you don't wear them for any longer than a week.
How cost effective are contacts? Surely they can't beat a single purchase of cheap glasses that can last literally years.
A year and a half supply cost about the same amount as a purchase of regularly priced good quality glasses. However, in my opinion, I don't think that contacts could ever fully replace glasses.

Getting contacts may be better for some people. For example, if you're someone who's really active, exercises, and it's more likely that you would break the glasses or can't really wear them while exercising or doing other activities in which having glasses would not be as useful as having contacts would, then having some good contacts would be better for you. The problem with being totally reliant upon contacts is that you can't always wear them either. If you got an eye infection then you couldn't wear them.

In conclusion, whether or not you get contacts depends on who you are, whether or not you have health insurance that will help pay for them, and whether or not you can afford them. There are other factors to keep in mind when buying glasses and/or contacts, but I'd say that everyone who has difficulty seeing should have at least one pair of durable, appropriate glasses that aren't too big for their face or anything.
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

I'm glad I don't need glasses.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Time will tell

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”