Fusebox

Fusebox

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Fusebox

Post by AF »

I'm fucking fuming right now.

My landlady didnt like the noise my main computer made so I moved it out of the living room into the guest room, fair dos it was in the room above her bedroom and she has sensitive hearing.

So she says its all good she cant hear it anymore and ive told her I need to do things for work.

So this evening she decides that actually she CAN hear it, and its keeping her awake and its really loud. She tells me ( not asks me ) to turn it off and says Ill have no friends that im to do work stuff in the day time.

So I'm on my computer, and all of a sudden everything goes black. She's turned it off by the fuse box without warning me. She then keeps it off for half an hour till I tell her everything in the freezer goes mouldy after she threatens to do it again if I turn the thing back on.

Argggh she's driving me mad. I leave dishes to soak and she washes them while im asleep or at work, even takes them off me and washes them and refuses to let me do it, even saying 'its my job', then complains days later im not washing my dishes and I'm taking libertys. She complained I wasnt cleaning the carpet in one of my rooms even though Id bought new flooring and the carpet was being binned in 2 days. She complains about my power usage when she puts an individual tea towel on a full hot was cycle then in the drier on hot for 2 hours.

If there is anybody in the liverpool area who can point me towards a flat that beats 250 all bills inclusive, or anybody with a big house willing to accomodate, or anyone who has a truckload of spare UPS I can have for my computer, do give me a bell.
Apollo

Re: Fusebox

Post by Apollo »

when you find new place, take a shit in her mailbox
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Isn't that illegal? (Turning off the fuse box.)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

No, people here in the UK tend to have a box full of switches and fuses by the front door.

When I leave, I shall be leaving behind my poop, preferably somewhere hot smelly and out of sight
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

protip: buy 2 fish, hide one in place hard to find and hide another that will be easy to find. when landlady wonders what that smell is and goes looking she will find the easy to find fish, but the hard to find fish will continue stinking up the place and she'll think the smell was from the first fish.
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

i guess same can apply to shit
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

What kinds of fish would you suggest?
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

250 thats dirt cheap
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

it goes down to £200 in august
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

something thats fair size thats not too big to be hiden, all fish smell just as bad.
aegis

Post by aegis »

I've had success with ~0.5kg fish
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

The living room laminates not fastened down at all, I can hide little bits under there, what about fish paste down the insides of radiators?
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

freeze some poo (fish would probably work too), grab a grater (preferably one that you don't plan on using again) and grate it all over the carpets.

alternatively hide shrimp in the curtain rails.
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Why not just rub your shit all over the walls whilst your at it
smoth

Post by smoth »

or just quietly move out and be done with it. I would get the fuck out of there af she sounds like a whole bag of crazy.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Apollo wrote:Why not just rub your shit all over the walls whilst your at it
thats the brilliance of the grater. if you do it right, it is undetectable visually. and once it defrosts and gets walked into the carpet ^_^
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I need somewhere to move out to!!! I can go back my parents but that makes it awkward getting to see people, and I dont want to spend an hour and a half getting to work and the same back when right now its a 5 minute walk
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

the floors here are all tile and laminate
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

shrimp/fish paste int he radiators should do fine then :)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

It appears that I can take my landlady to court for:
  • Shutting off a Utility ( power ) that she pays for as part of the rent agreement
  • Not putting my deposit into the secure deposit scheme required by UK law on all tenancies after April 2007
  • Threatening eviction based on my behavior
  • Possibly harassment
As much as I like not having to pay £3.50 to get to work everyday or to see anybody friend or work, or the convenience of not having to wait for trains for ages, I'm thinking about what to do with moving out back to my parents =( I've managed to handle her till now but she cant go shutting off the power like that.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”