Cortex Command

Cortex Command

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Regret

Cortex Command

Post by Regret »

click

From Wikipedia:

Cortex Command is a 2-dimensional side-scrolling action game developed by Data Realms. In the game, the player takes the role of a disembodied brain, who controls various clones to achieve his aims. The main goal of the game is mining gold, which is used to purchase new clones, weaponry and craft which is then used to eliminate competitors. As the brain is weak, the player must manage his resources carefully, protecting the brain, mining gold and fighting off enemies. The game includes the ability for players to create mods (additions and changes to the game) with the built in Lua programming applet, and simple scripting.

Wisse

Re: Cortex Command

Post by Wisse »

Looking good... I wonder how much of a game we get for free tho -.-
Regret

Post by Regret »

Wisse wrote:Looking good... I wonder how much of a game we get for free tho -.-
Put these 3 words into google: cortex command rapidshare
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

I got BSOD while playing the game before. It might be my PC tho :\
Argh

Post by Argh »

Took a look.

Neat concept, but it needs to be a lot more clean before it's fun, imo. I'm sending the developers a fairly lengthy review, and I'll check it out in another six months.
Boirunner
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by Boirunner »

I'm sure they will heed the advice of a highly successful and talented commercial game developer such as yourself.
Yogzototh

Post by Yogzototh »

Cortex Cmmand has won IGF 2009's Techical Excellence award, btw.

Oh, and if u decide to play it, go to the game's forums and download mods. these make the game about 60% more awesome.
Most of them have become outdated because of the new build release though.
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

Its actually alright.

The main problems it has are:

Overavailability of weapons (You get big guns on the first level, making it mostly pointless to use the shit ones).
Mining AI doesn't work.
The fact that the MK1 spacecraft is actually a far more effective weapon than any of the guns, ramming speed style.
The Dropship is also super effective at attacking even without weapons.
The Concrete gun is useless unless you have a ton of time.
Your units seem to damage each other just by touching, causing huge amounts of lag and gib.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Yogzototh wrote:Cortex Cmmand has won IGF 2009's Techical Excellence award, btw.

Oh, and if u decide to play it, go to the game's forums and download mods. these make the game about 60% more awesome.
I am a huge fan of the art style but couldn't quite figure the game out. could you recommend some mods?
knorke

Post by knorke »

the newer demo versions are time limited :?
escpially in multiplayer you can have lots of fun but its impossible to really "play" or use any tactics. maybe if you are faster with the controlls it gets better but usually it ends in totally random explosions with dropships crashing all around. :shock:
iam also interessting in mods, preferably some easier to play ones, maybe without having to dick for gold.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

knorke wrote: iam also interessting in mods, preferably some easier to play ones, maybe without having to dick for gold.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

what there's prostitution in CC? maybe I should give it another try...
Arne

Post by Arne »

I had some new TA stuff which I wanted to post, so I logged in and browsed around. It was strange to see a Cortex Command thread here. Some of you may be familiar with the older TA related things I've done, but I've actually also done some work on Cortex Command (Gfx, design and some tool programming).

Cortex Command is still a work in progress. We haven't really gotten much of the content done (there are still a lot of placeholders) and it's overall highly unpolished and haphazard. We are lucky to have an active community which has produced quite a bit of content, some of it amazing things we would never had thought of. It's a bit of a sandbox game/engine at the moment, so there's no polished single player experience or anything like that, yet.

We receive (and read) a lot of feedback and ideas, more than we can process and respond to. To be honest though, a lot of the feedback we're getting concerns things which we have already been made aware of or were a part of the original grand plan. On one hand it's frustrating to only be able to work on one thing at a time while people tell us to work on everything. On the other hand it's nice to know that a lot of people generally agree with us... there's a kind of convergence there.

As for prostitutes... I really do want to add scantily clad women. However, I do not feel quite comfortable blowing them up. I also don't think our animation model would do justice to the... pleasantness of the female form.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

I would find the left arm of a scantily clad woman spinning around several times a second while she is reloading to be highly arousing.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Yogzototh wrote:Cortex Cmmand has won IGF 2009's Techical Excellence award, btw.

Could you link me to somekinda comprehensive pack?

The forums are a mess in that site
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

Download the game, and it really isnt that interesting. I'm tempted to uninstall as i know i wont play it again.
Regret

Post by Regret »

To get more cash without gold digging open up console with ~ (button under esc) and paste in this line:

Code: Select all

ActivityMan:GetActivity():SetTeamFunds(500000,0)
knorke

Post by knorke »

wtf dick in the dirt :shock:
---
you need 2 gamepads with 2 analogsticks to really enjoy it i think, otherwise its even more uncontrollable.

the cheat works for all teams in a mp game?
Regret

Post by Regret »

knorke wrote:the cheat works for all teams in a mp game?
ActivityMan:GetActivity():SetTeamFunds(500000,0)
the 0 is the team number

red = 0
green = 1

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”