Dwarf fortress Succession game CURRENT PLAYER: LURKER - Page 6

Dwarf fortress Succession game CURRENT PLAYER: LURKER

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Journier

Re: Dwarf fortress Succession game CURRENT PLAYER: PHAROPH

Post by Journier »

those mugs are very quality, and you can trade them for all kinds of stuff.
Yogzototh

Post by Yogzototh »

While sorting through the book of professions i noticed that nearly eversingle dwarf had either masonry or farming as one of there jobs.
Ive recruited 3 marksdwarves and orderd the 6 miners to build a barracks. before i sorted the professions that would of been 20 miners.
Are you sure you are using correct save?
Because im quite sure i had only 15 dwarves by the time my turn ended, and only 5 of them had either farming or masonry on.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

pharoph wrote:so the DF from egauploads has everthing set if i just move the region1 into the save folder? cool.
No, the latest save from Yog was in Rapidshare...
pharoph

Re: Dwarf fortress Succession game CURRENT PLAYER: YOGZOTH

Post by pharoph »

Save file (theres a 10 time dl limit, so dont dl it if ure not going to use it). Stupid rapidshare.

Thats where i got the "region1" from and i got the df package from megauploads. sorry for the confusion.
pharoph

Post by pharoph »

Crap. I have got the wrong save.

Edit: Ah Stuff it. Ive built 15 traps and stuff but im not playing all day at 11fps. Its still early spring so its like nobody ever went. Sorry guys but im pulling out. Upload: http://rs466l3.rapidshare.com/cgi-bin/u ... 5685948175
Yogzototh

Post by Yogzototh »

pharoph wrote:Crap. I have got the wrong save.

Upload: http://rs466l3.rapidshare.com/cgi-bin/u ... 5685948175
You fail at DFing, and even more you fail at rapidsharing.

Anyway, to whoever goes neext:
http://rapidshare.com/files/248674752/region1.zip.html - download this save
Then, if it doesnt work, download journier's DF folder
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T1FU105W
And put my save in its save folder.
Also, you can replace journier's init.txt and interface.txt with yours if you are not used to his interface and graphics settings.

Good luck with xelics :)
Journier

Re: Dwarf fortress Succession game CURRENT PLAYER: SPAWNRETARD

Post by Journier »

:(
pharoph

Re: Dwarf fortress Succession game CURRENT PLAYER: SPAWNRETARD

Post by pharoph »

:cry:
Regret

Re: Dwarf fortress Succession game CURRENT PLAYER: JOHANNES

Post by Regret »

MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

ya ya ill do my turn now on saturday
smokingwreckage

Post by smokingwreckage »

You bastards got me to try this game and when the paramedics drag my comatose, emaciated frame from its hunched position over the space key, IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Wait a bit if at all possible, a year took longer to play than I remembered, got to summer yesterday, finishing this year now.

The fort is a mess, really bad design, everythings so far apart that hauling takes all the time, got 1 goblin siege lost 1 dwarf (elf caravan killed most of them). Got immigrants, about 30 dwarves now. Made most of them to train crossbows. Made loads of traps, concentrated fully on defense since theres a shitload of everything stored up.
Yogzototh

Post by Yogzototh »

Got immigrants, about 30 dwarves now
Oh, lucky you. This lifts the danger level from "hopeless" to "very bad".

Dont forget to post alot of screenshots once you are done.
Regret

Post by Regret »

:<
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Writing this report right now, theres pics too, and xelics

STAY TUNED

heres the save, 10 times dl is max
http://rapidshare.com/files/255452708/region1.zip.html
Last edited by JohannesH on 13 Jul 2009, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

So as I said previously I got immigrants really soon, made weapon traps with bone crossbows and bone bolts with all the huge piles of bones lying in the courtyard butcheries.

Huge load of immigrants arrived, including the dungeon master Johannes. Most became military, as they were crappy peasants and lye makers.

First goblin siege was taken care of by a high elven caravan and dwarf marksman efforts.

A jeweler made the blandest artifact I remember seeing.

Caravan saved my ass again, this time hobgoblin caravan vs. xelic ambush.
At the same time a dwarf caravan is arriving.
Hobgoblin arrows totally own xelics

But the hobgoblin caravan also brings problems: they stop me from trading with the dwarves, cause when Yog the trader is at depot, and I click [t]rade, it just brings in the hobgoblin boss saying how theyll finish unloading in a sec. Dwarves leave, but at least I can trade with the hobgoblins, though their wares suck ass. I also fail at reading, and [o]ffer them the selected stuff instead of [t]rading. But I guess they deserve that for the xelic kills, and who needs the cluttering loads of goods anyway.

Soon another xelic ambush patrol appears! They kill a dwarf who was laying traps. About same time a new immigrant wave appears, I cant just sit back behind traps now, immigrants must be defended! This is where I fail big time, I dont know how to micro my boys here, I think this screen tells a lot about how the brawl went:
Inexperienced marksmen rushing into fuckin xelics is not good, many die straight and many are wounded so bad they die soon after (some to wounds and someone to thirst due to nobody taking care of her) or are still in bed recovering. But at least immigrants are safe and theres still some soldiers left. And new immigrants means fresh recruits! This wave is much smaller than the first one this year though.
Resolution of the fight, notice stream of newcomers:

After the fight theres the problem of coffins, I didnt realize this straight away but all new coffins I assigned for burial went for some pussies who had been killed ages ago and not for the recently dead. When I realized it some corpse was already rotting in a hallway, filling it with miasma (lucky that the guy didnt have friends though, theyd be pissed). This also made me realize what fuckton of people have been killed here previous years, I had to make some dozens more coffins until everyone had one and a nice amount to share.

Some kid got moody, went to a masons shop and wanted shell among other things. I assigned a dwarf to fish, but he didnt catch turtle in time and to kid drowned himself. I dont even know where the body is, but shit happens...

There was also some goblin ambush action, they got killed but their bowmen shot some soldiers to death/critical condition. Right now folks are gathering some stuffs left from fights around the gates, with remaining marksmen on the walls to guard them.

I also altered the defenses bit better with other stuff than just traps, made the depot place safer with moat and a longer route to it through the trap corridor. More floors on the walls around gate to make marksmen move around there better. And a last resort which isnt quite finished, if the courtyard is lost then theres drawbridges that prevent invader access to inner fort when pulled up. And punched a route through from the farm area to courtyard for shorter routes. The moat on the old route needs to be finished though. Levers for both bridges are in a room next to drinks.

And a pic of Yog preparing for afterlife, carrying broken sock to chest in his mausoleum

Defense should be ok with all the traps now, at least inside the walls. More space for marksmen to move on the walls could be nice addition still, and fortifications there.

Theres a high elf caravan coming in, though they sent their wagons away cause I had forgotten to cut a tree blocking depot access.

And I went a little into the next year already as i didnt notice it was spring already.

Also engrave my tomb when its smoothed out ok?
Regret

Re: Dwarf fortress Succession game CURRENT PLAYER: GOOGLEFROG

Post by Regret »

CAN I STILL PLAY?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

wuts this? LOLL this gam is badest grafics ever!!! id rarther play halo or crysis anyday this isnt even are game!!!LOL
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

JAZCASH wrote:wuts this? LOLL this gam is badest grafics ever!!! id rarther play halo or crysis anyday this isnt even are game!!!LOL
Then go play them, nobody wants you here.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

I, Frog Thutheceghenuboxus, have been digging at the Fort for many years and have seen it drop from a thriving place with over 80 occupants to a death hole with fewer than 30. The sweatshops and inhumane apartments are all emty. We would be dead if not for the excessive stores of food and drink that were stockpiled in previous years. Luckily a population this small does not consume much.

Most of the Dwarfs (un?)lucky to be left alive spend their time carrying goods from place to place in the cluttered fortress that others have left behind.

It looks like we're just waiting for a band of Xelics to finish us off, I doubt we have enough traps for a large army and the military is near non-existent.I have decided to implement the old lava moat plans that were discussed years ago. Hopefully, an intricate enough moat and lava defence will protect us from the outside world and ease the load from the miniscule military we have left.

Maakey, our current Cook/Town Planner, disagrees and seems to think all problems can be fixed by increasing food stockpiles. I have kicked him out of office and started construction.

I have assigned 4 miners to help me construct the underground magma shafts. Everyone skilled around here seems to have been killed so work will be slow.

Watching Johannes walk the entire length of the fort just to craft extra picks and the many components that will be needed for the pumps is a nightmare. I will have to put the forges much closer.

In Mid-Granite a band of sand raiders attacked taking a miner working on the external section of the magma pump completely by surprise. They were all killed by 1 heroic Maskdwarf near the now-unused Ballista.

On the 25th of Slate "Some migrants decided to brave this terrifying place, knowing it may well be their tomb" putting the population to 38. Maybe there is hope of re-populating this fortress after all.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”