Dwarf fortress Succession game CURRENT PLAYER: LURKER - Page 4

Dwarf fortress Succession game CURRENT PLAYER: LURKER

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

JohannesH

Re: Dwarf fortress Succession game of epic awesome.

Post by JohannesH »

Just go to the images address.
Journier

Post by Journier »

the spring forum is blocking image sized and limiting them or something
lurker

Post by lurker »

Overkill's a bit afk, he managed to make it almost all the way before his computer gave up, so here's the game for bumblebee: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6O38PQ5F
1v0ry_k1ng

Re: Dwarf fortress Succession game of epic NEW SAVE June 9th

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

ah wank the fort i started around when you started this just got raped by orcs
Sleksa

Re: Dwarf fortress Succession game of epic NEW SAVE June 9th

Post by Sleksa »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:ah wank the fort i started around when you started this just got raped by orcs
http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Trap

http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Mechanic

get them
1v0ry_k1ng

Re: Dwarf fortress Succession game NEW SAVE June 9th BUMBLEBEE

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

im more in favour of stalin-esque leadership. I made a crap load of wooden shields and silver battleaxes, didnt train anyone, then when the orcs came through my single file tunnel I gave the call to arms. everyone went to the weapon stash, got their suicide squad gear, and charged into the gap. 26 went in, eightcame out- then two of them went bezerk- three more bled to death. in the end, all that was left was my expedition leader and his girlfriend, who weirdly were fine and happy. I abandoned fort so i could pick them up in adventure mode ^_^
Journier

Post by Journier »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:im more in favour of stalin-esque leadership.
I would imagine after communism failed people wouldnt try this ^_^ :roll:
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Journier wrote:
It wasn't Stalin who failed you see
Journier

Post by Journier »

JohannesH wrote:
Journier wrote:
It wasn't Stalin who failed you see
he just helped lay the foundation of failure made of quicksand? :mrgreen:
Journier

Post by Journier »

OK GUYS

Been 4 days with no word from bumblebee, he is now officially skipped.

next play in list is MAACKEY

Here is the save for MAACKEY

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6O38PQ5F
pharoph

Re: Dwarf fortress Succession game CURRENT PLAYER: MAACKEY

Post by pharoph »

Any news on progress?
Regret

Post by Regret »

BLOOD GOD DEMANDS BLOOD
maackey

Post by maackey »

I'm on it...

The forum has been quite finicky, and has been randomly signing me out right before I make replies to posts :/ I shall try to post an update later.

Ugh... once again, I am getting this error, no matter what I try:
FATAL ERROR
Missing Stone Gloss: GEMSTONE_JET

When I try to continue the game. Anybody have any suggestions/tips/help?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Do you have the mod installed?
maackey

Post by maackey »

Now i do >.> I am dusting off my whips as we speak :P
maackey

Post by maackey »

Traveling across the land, I notice a small walled village in the distance. Being low on supplies, it might be fortuitous to ask for help in the village, in return for my services as a master chef.

To my surprise the village had a handful of ballistae sitting unmanned in a clump behind... well, not behind anything. They were out in the open!

"Typical human village", I thought to myself. "Shoddy walls without a proper gate even! Oh well, I can still try to make the best of it. Get some supplies and be on my way."

I walk in without even a, "Halt! Who goes there?", and to my surprise this is not a human village at all! Dwarves are doddering around what appears to be a courtyard in plain daylight, planting seeds and whatnot. Confused, I enter the shoddy cave... more afraid that the roof will collapse than being struck by any traps. ("HA! as if this place would have any sense enough to build traps, given the stupendous lack of military presence")

To my huge surprise the main hall is quite nice, however small it may be. However it disturbs me greatly that I have been able to enter the great hall unhindered by anything whatsoever. No drawbridge/moat, no soldiers, no traps, not even simple door!

Feeling sorry for the handful of dwarves that reside here, I marched straight up to the current leader, who has named himself "Alcari the Mad" (I can see where he gets that name from) and promptly kicked him out of control. He can keep the position of Commander of the Guard, not that we have any anyways.

The first thing to do was to attempt to seal off the entrance at least to some degree.

I chained up a stray puppy and an obsidian guardian next to the entrance. Not long after they were put to good use, scaring off thieves and children snatchers before they even got inside.

Seeing as that this place has no defenses to speak of, and hostile creatures abound, I contemplate the very good chance that I will die here. I begin preparations for my burial grounds straight away:

The next order of business is a barracks and some weapon and armor stores nearby the entrance in case something does happen. I have also ordered the construction of a drawbridge to be constructed, which will be a nice protection when it is completed.

Some rhesus macaques attacked. The obsidian golem and puppy promptly took care of them.

Go little puppy, go!

Unfortunately the army of monkeys were the least of my problems. They were followed by Chaos Dwarves (which were camouflaged as trees :O) who disposed of my obsidian guardian.

For better or worse the channel below the drawbridge is complete, sealing out the invaders, but our small army cannot hope to get to the invaders and dispose of them.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

You sir, are a trooper. Would you like the third or fourth year on the succession I'm starting now?
Yogzototh

Re: Dwarf fortress Succession game CURRENT PLAYER: YOGZOTH

Post by Yogzototh »

In the last few years there have been many dwarves moving to that new outpost we have built. The King has sent me to investigate and report its status and override control if I find it necessary.
Meh, i knew some bastard in the court just wanted to get rid of me in the capital. Oh well, i hope i wont need to stay there for long, what can happen in a desolate outpost anyway? And i heard the ruler was quite competent.

After my long and boring journey, on 4th of Obsidian i have finally arrived to the place called Domasgeb "Guilddented". I saw some strange curved fortifications from afar and got ready to meet the local officials.

I sensed that something was wrong when the i saw 4 ballistas pointed at me when arriving to the entrance. The ballistas were just standing there, fully armed, with no proper cover or defences, not even any guards!
I asked the locals to lead me to their leader. What i saw surely wasnt "lurker" guy i heard about. As the leader dwarf told me, he was just a local chef, who had to run the castle because...umm, i actually dont even know why. Seems like the fortress has been in complete chaos for a few years now.
Oh well, seems like my stay here will take longer than expected.

I decided to inspect the whole fortress, to find out how bad things actually are. What i found was quite... entertaining, but sad.
The first thing i found was the furniture stockpile. A HUGE stockpile. It had all kinds of furniture, from beds and coffins to barrels and boxes. Now i understand where all these reports on great amounts of generated wealth have come from.
Next was a huge stockpile of food. I think someone had a small penis and just tried to overcompensate. The good thing is that it was actually full of barrels with food. Which is logical since the ruler of the fortress is a cook. When i looked in the barrels i found out that the ONLY thing they contain is plump helmets. Loads of them. then i decided to check the drinks. And guess what i found? Dwarven wine, made of plump helmets! How unexpected!
The next thing i saw was this...umm...room, full of well-crafted engravings, with some tables and seats. As i found out, someone told one of the older leaders, that a good dining room will make all dwarves permamently happy. What kind of idiot would believe that? And THIS room wasnt even assigned as a fucking dining room! Something easy to fix, though it looks awkward without doors now.
Then i found some barracks, which actually appeared to be foreroom for our cook-governor's rooms, and some place called "alcari's mansion", both of which are kinda weird and out of place, but not worth taking pictures of.

The next, deeper level wasnt much better.
I walked past some kind of sweatshop, where an army of stoneworkers kept producing furniture. So thats where from it comes to that storage. When i looked in one workshop, i found out that it was completely cluttered with completed furniture, but nobody could take it because there was no space in stockpile.
When i asked the dwarves why they are making all this furniture nobody needs, they showed me a paper with orders. It contained only 2 lines:
10 Construct rock blocks
20 GOTO 10

My god, i dont even want to think how long it has been like that.
Then i noticed a small hallway nearby. I walked through it, but after some walking i ended up in the opposite side of the sweatshop room. When i asked Maackey, the cook-leader, what the fuck was that hallway for, he showed me the fortress mp.
OH. MY. GOD. Seems like my theory about a dude with a small penis has been proven.
I wonder who exactly has buld it... As i found out, no ruler has held his position for more than a year, so there have been quite many rulers already. This partially explains why everything here is in complete disorder.
The last point of my excursion was the lava forge. Getting to there was quite troublesome. Couldnt those idiots make a channel to somewhere CLOSER to the fortress?
On my way there i found an "apartment complex". On a closer look it appeared that these "apartments" are just small rooms with nothing but beds! Damn, how do dwarves manage to live here!?

I continued my way to the forge and found 2 suspiciously rich tombs. What a contrast, compared to the slums i have seen just a moment ago! I wonder who are those hypocrites who built these...
I finally moved on to the magma forge. Expecting to see the dwarven architecture in its full glory was a stupid mistake i should stop making again and again. All i found were 2 ugly workshops and a pile of rocks nearby. Where are the clouds of steam? where is the sound of metal being forged? where are the steel swords? Goddamn it!
Oh well, i think i expect too much.

On my way back to the main part of the fortress i was trying to think of how to fix at laest part of the problems of this place. Seems like i have A LOT of work to do here...
AlcariTheMad

Re: Dwarf fortress Succession game CURRENT PLAYER: YOGZOTH

Post by AlcariTheMad »

Why is my Mansion not worth being pictured?
PICS! I DEMAND THEM!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”