2nd Try Werewolf - Page 2

2nd Try Werewolf

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

lurker

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by lurker »

Last game didn't even have any crypto. :?
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

lurker wrote:Last game didn't even have any crypto. :?
it did however have at least a page of crypto-talk which may have bored/scared the villagers away :)
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Me.

Also pming should be allowed, when a seer sees someone is a villie he should be able to pm him so they can work together. (no seer faking allowed).

And, what about we use a healer?
lurker

Post by lurker »

No seer faking? Do you realize how against the spirit of the game that would be?
DavetheBrave

Post by DavetheBrave »

it might help keep people active if you added more roles. angel, witch, lovers, hunters, masons...
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

In.

What's seer faking? Anyone who outs themselves as seer will die either by the wolves, or if it was a wolf he/she'll get lynched the next day.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

I'll play :-)
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

rattle wrote:In.

What's seer faking? Anyone who outs themselves as seer will die either by the wolves, or if it was a wolf he/she'll get lynched the next day.
Which makes private communication so much more interesting. Because ya, it's never worth it for the seer to tell everyone he's the seer... but maby he can risk telling 1 or 2 people in private to try to get them voting his way... That being said, an exceptionally tricky wolf team could do the same thing, bringing on a squad of human players and keeping the wolf players safer... but they risk it all if the real seer gets contacted and let in on the whole thing, since he will immediately have his list of potential baddies cut in half. If he can identify 1 or 2 wolfs in the wolf group, he might be able to power play with the humans to decimate the wolf team.

That's one of the things that makes the doctor role so interesting. If there's a doctor in the game, and the seer chooses to power play, having the doctor alive and knowing who the seer is can keep the seer alive for long periods of time even while wolfs are actively trying to kill him. Still, it can complicate the game quite heavily as well, since if a player is saved the whole flow of kills and deaths becomes unpredictable as the numbers of active players will swap from odd to even during day times and so forth.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

lurker wrote:No seer faking? Do you realize how against the spirit of the game that would be?
No Seer faking in pm.
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

I played that kind of game during school years, only we called it Mafia back then. We had Mafia, Police and Citizens (sometimes called Victims) as factions (more than 1 player in each), as well as Doctor (can point at 1 person per turn including self so that man survives if attacked by Police/Mafia/Maniac, but each turn it must be a different person), Priest (like the current Seer) and Maniac (can kill people on his own as he wants) as single players. One game the Doctor and Maniac turned over to the Mafia side and helped them win, it was funny.
I don't have enough time to play it on the forums though :(
jennington

Post by jennington »

I think I already counted over 13, but in case Felix decides to make the round bigger due to its popularity, I'm in. Seemed interesting :twisted:
lurker

Post by lurker »

Hoi wrote:No Seer faking in pm.
lurker wrote:Do you realize how against the spirit of the game that would be?
I can do this all day.
Regret

Post by Regret »

jennington wrote:I think I already counted over 13, but in case Felix decides to make the round bigger due to its popularity, I'm in. Seemed interesting :twisted:
furry lynching yay \o/
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

seems fun, as i drop by here every day, i'm in.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Who were the active/inactive players last game? It might be better to just ban all the inactive players from this game...
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

jennington wrote:I think I already counted over 13, but in case Felix decides to make the round bigger due to its popularity, I'm in. Seemed interesting :twisted:
We'll be the lovers
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

lol we used to play maffia too but pms will give such a big boost to fake shit people can pull. Sadly you could find out the most of ppl from the way they spoke, and that is lost here.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

I'd like to join in here, if possible. I'm usually pop in the forums at least once per day anyway. Plus, I'm a fan of this sort of thing
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

I'm interested, do you have spots left?
DavetheBrave

Post by DavetheBrave »

Regret wrote:
furry lynching yay \o/
we just need otherside in here and it will be a sweep of the infps! xD

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”