2nd Try Werewolf - Page 3

2nd Try Werewolf

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Beherith
Moderator
Posts: 4934
Joined: 26 Oct 2007, 16:21

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Beherith » 07 Apr 2009, 16:23

Hmm, dunno about the no pming thing; after all in real life mafia version there is no private chat, you could try whispering tho :P
But also, as Bana said, the facial expressions were a dead giveaway there.
Id rather vote for no PMs allowed for villagers.
0 x

User avatar
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer
Posts: 3359
Joined: 07 Nov 2007, 21:48

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by CarRepairer » 07 Apr 2009, 17:34

I dislike honor system games where I have to rely on the integrity of others not to cheat. It is likely that most of the people around here are good and nice and want a fun game, but we can never be sure that if we set some rules like no PM that some people would violate them for an advantage and we'd never know. Better to eliminate rules like that.

Suggestion: When posting the final list of players, add a few understudies at the end, then request that each player and understudy post in the thread one more time with a "here" or something to be sure that they aren't dead. Missing players can be replaced instantly and the game can commence knowing that people who said "I'm in" a week ago aren't gone now.
0 x

User avatar
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead
Posts: 7287
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 09:29

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by SwiftSpear » 07 Apr 2009, 20:46

CarRepairer wrote:I dislike honor system games where I have to rely on the integrity of others not to cheat. It is likely that most of the people around here are good and nice and want a fun game, but we can never be sure that if we set some rules like no PM that some people would violate them for an advantage and we'd never know. Better to eliminate rules like that.

Suggestion: When posting the final list of players, add a few understudies at the end, then request that each player and understudy post in the thread one more time with a "here" or something to be sure that they aren't dead. Missing players can be replaced instantly and the game can commence knowing that people who said "I'm in" a week ago aren't gone now.
Good idea.
0 x

Caradhras
Posts: 381
Joined: 31 Jul 2006, 21:49

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Caradhras » 07 Apr 2009, 20:55

i apply for the werewolf game
0 x

User avatar
Vabor
Posts: 104
Joined: 15 Feb 2009, 20:57

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Vabor » 08 Apr 2009, 00:15

Im in. Sorry for not being there in the last game. I rage quited on the forum so I wasnt here.
0 x

User avatar
Beherith
Moderator
Posts: 4934
Joined: 26 Oct 2007, 16:21

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Beherith » 08 Apr 2009, 00:22

SwiftSpear wrote:
CarRepairer wrote:I dislike honor system games where I have to rely on the integrity of others not to cheat. It is likely that most of the people around here are good and nice and want a fun game, but we can never be sure that if we set some rules like no PM that some people would violate them for an advantage and we'd never know. Better to eliminate rules like that.

Suggestion: When posting the final list of players, add a few understudies at the end, then request that each player and understudy post in the thread one more time with a "here" or something to be sure that they aren't dead. Missing players can be replaced instantly and the game can commence knowing that people who said "I'm in" a week ago aren't gone now.
Good idea.
Dunno, system is still cheatable, even more easily, provided that felix does the same group pm thing as last time.
0 x

User avatar
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead
Posts: 7287
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 09:29

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by SwiftSpear » 08 Apr 2009, 00:38

Beherith wrote:
SwiftSpear wrote:
CarRepairer wrote:I dislike honor system games where I have to rely on the integrity of others not to cheat. It is likely that most of the people around here are good and nice and want a fun game, but we can never be sure that if we set some rules like no PM that some people would violate them for an advantage and we'd never know. Better to eliminate rules like that.

Suggestion: When posting the final list of players, add a few understudies at the end, then request that each player and understudy post in the thread one more time with a "here" or something to be sure that they aren't dead. Missing players can be replaced instantly and the game can commence knowing that people who said "I'm in" a week ago aren't gone now.
Good idea.
Dunno, system is still cheatable, even more easily, provided that felix does the same group pm thing as last time.
Understudies are decided before the game, they don't get a role if all the players show up. Understudies would be decided by order of posts in the first thread. It's basically "waiting list" players.
0 x

User avatar
Spawn_Retard
Posts: 1248
Joined: 21 Dec 2006, 14:36

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Spawn_Retard » 08 Apr 2009, 00:55

game is going to shit, because no one can stop bawwing about rules being so narrow. Jesus, people need to stop over thinking things.
0 x

BaNa
Posts: 1561
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 21:05

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by BaNa » 08 Apr 2009, 01:00

Spawn_Retard wrote:game is going to shit, because no one can stop bawwing about rules being so narrow. Jesus, people need to stop over thinking things.
He's a wolf!
0 x

User avatar
Spawn_Retard
Posts: 1248
Joined: 21 Dec 2006, 14:36

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Spawn_Retard » 08 Apr 2009, 01:18

Last game was a band wagon thread.

Someone was offered to be hung, and everyone just jumped right on it, until the wolfs came in, and randomly the wolf votes got ignored.
0 x

User avatar
Hoi
Posts: 2912
Joined: 13 May 2008, 16:51

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Hoi » 08 Apr 2009, 16:58

Becaus most of you are noobs at this game :wink:

Also the first lynch is random...
0 x

User avatar
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead
Posts: 7287
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 09:29

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by SwiftSpear » 08 Apr 2009, 22:07

That's reasonably common for the first few turns SR, The best information villagers have to go off of is voting patterns and character changes. When it's so early in the game you really have no good examples of either.
0 x

Caradhras
Posts: 381
Joined: 31 Jul 2006, 21:49

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Caradhras » 10 Apr 2009, 18:13

epic fail?

2days no post
0 x

User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5302
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Jazcash » 10 Apr 2009, 18:17

Just lock this and change everyone's name colours back to default except mine. Games like this weren't meant for the Spring forums.
0 x

User avatar
Hoi
Posts: 2912
Joined: 13 May 2008, 16:51

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Hoi » 10 Apr 2009, 18:36

Nah, let's try one more time.
0 x

User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5302
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Jazcash » 10 Apr 2009, 18:44

3rd Try coming up!
0 x

User avatar
Hoi
Posts: 2912
Joined: 13 May 2008, 16:51

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Hoi » 10 Apr 2009, 19:00

Stfu.
0 x

User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5302
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Jazcash » 10 Apr 2009, 19:10

Hoi wrote:Stfu.
GtFo.
0 x

Regret
Posts: 2086
Joined: 18 Aug 2007, 19:04

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by Regret » 11 Apr 2009, 00:44

RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP RAGEBUMP
0 x

User avatar
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead
Posts: 7287
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 09:29

Re: 2nd Try Werewolf

Post by SwiftSpear » 11 Apr 2009, 02:05

Hmmm, Felix disappeared? I can run the game if he doesn't show up in the next couple days.
0 x

Locked

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

cron