iGrip Ergonomic Keyboard

iGrip Ergonomic Keyboard

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

iGrip Ergonomic Keyboard

Post by CarRepairer »

aegis

Re: iGrip Ergonomic Keyboard

Post by aegis »

not all of us sit in the middle of a room with cats and play spring on our tv :P
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

aegis wrote:not all of us sit in the middle of a room with cats and play spring on our tv :P
:shock: WHAT?!?!
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Controllers are for nubs.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

There's definitely some PC games I'd like to do that with. Spring requires way too much micromanagement though. It'd be nearly unplayable from that interface.

Now, Myst, or Civ...
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

trackballs make me homocidal

plus i'd never buy a gadget with a lowercase i to start its name
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

play games WITH YOUR MIND~~

Translate electrical biosignals of your body directly into computer commands and take advantage of total immersion into game play. Customize behavioral profiles of your character and let your subconsciousness take over.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/o ... e_actuator
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Sleksa wrote:play games WITH YOUR MIND~~

Translate electrical biosignals of your body directly into computer commands and take advantage of total immersion into game play. Customize behavioral profiles of your character and let your subconsciousness take over.

while a nifty concept that product is fucking useless for anything that requires fast and accurate response and multiple input types. IMO the only use atm is for people with serious paralysis.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

BaNa wrote:
Sleksa wrote:play games WITH YOUR MIND~~

while a nifty concept that product is fucking useless for anything that requires fast and accurate response and multiple input types. IMO the only use atm is for people with serious paralysis.
Yeah the use atm is limited, but what about after lets say 5-10 years?
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Sleksa wrote: Yeah the use atm is limited, but what about after lets say 5-10 years?
I loved the concept of using eeg for casual things and I have worked with eeg for a while, and there are serious issues with application and noise. The amount of preparation necessary to get halfway decent eeg signals is not feasible for a wide market (sticky gels and abrasive creams, oh my!), and even then the quality of the signal can be failcakes. (electronic) Artifacts are also an issue, although there are nice methods nowadays for noise reduction. Basically every movement of your eye, every clenching of your jaws, everything like that wreaks havoc in the eeg signal. I vote for direct brain implants :D
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

BaNa wrote:
Sleksa wrote: Yeah the use atm is limited, but what about after lets say 5-10 years?
I loved the concept of using eeg for casual things and I have worked with eeg for a while, and there are serious issues with application and noise. The amount of preparation necessary to get halfway decent eeg signals is not feasible for a wide market (sticky gels and abrasive creams, oh my!), and even then the quality of the signal can be failcakes. (electronic) Artifacts are also an issue, although there are nice methods nowadays for noise reduction. Basically every movement of your eye, every clenching of your jaws, everything like that wreaks havoc in the eeg signal. I vote for direct brain implants :D
OR you could go outside and take a walk in the park.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”