Perimeter 2 - the best or the worst game ever? - Page 2

Perimeter 2 - the best or the worst game ever?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Spawn_Retard

Re: Perimeter 2 - the best or the worst game ever?

Post by Spawn_Retard »

umm, alright maelstorm tbh, i liked that you could put your base on AI, so that micro became easier.

Some units did not make sense.

terraforming was cool.

Aliens basically flood the map when they upgrade to make the human factions unable to shoot and fight effectively. - this pisses off everyone online.

Hard AI on that game has to be the most effective bot ive ever played.

In the few times i played offline, i only came close to stalling them.
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

Strategy First releasing an unfinished game... Hmm, why doesn't that surprise me?

From one IGN comment:
And now, Perimeter 2 looks pretty much like a free community made 3d remake of some old 2d game.
He's insulting Spring! :evil: :P

BTW, wouldn't Perimeter 1 be a great mod idea for Spring?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

BlueTemplar wrote:BTW, wouldn't Perimeter 1 be a great mod idea for Spring?
Look for a Spring mod called "Fibre".
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:i never tried malestorm, how was it?
Felt like a feature katamari. The map flooding was pretty annoying since infantry could only use melee in water and vehicles would even explode when they get into water unless they're hovercrafts or got the floatation upgrade. Then again the flooding made any units moving through it vulnerable to air strikes (can't melee a helicopter) so you could use it against the aliens too. The best way to cope with it I could find was to run in and destroy the pumps ASAP which makes their water disappear pretty fast.

The actual gameplay was confusing. Bullets were scaled for the third person direct control mode so they're almost impossible to see in a normal RTS view, all you get is units standing opposite to each other and some falling over (with ragdolls which made it even harder to spot the deaths) unless Cosmitron (er, I think they're called Ascention in English?) infantry was involved since those use beamlasers. It's hard to tell what the weapons do, too. I mean, I can guess that Remnant rifles are better against infantry than against vehicles but I have no idea what the Ascention and Alien weapons did (though I feel similarily left out when playing Tyranids in DoW2). You could transform the light Ascention tank into a walker and instead of a beamlaser it used a lightning gun then but I'd be damned if I had any idea what difference that makes. Terraforming was tedious and practically unusable, you had to move a con unit where you needed it, then manually laser away at the terrain (with a raiser and a lowerer beam) which is so slow by the time you get anything done your base got raped six ways to sunday. It even has a night and day cycle which affects the solar energy income and stuff but it felt superfluous to me.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”