Wintereenmas 2009

Wintereenmas 2009

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SinbadEV

Wintereenmas 2009

Post by SinbadEV »

I declare today (Namely January First) to be "The Zeroth Day of WADvent". Yes I know that it's already the "7th Day of Christmas" and "New Years Day" so it's a little crowded already, but as it's the only day of the Wintereenmas Season that actually corresponds to a National Holiday in the great Tradition of early Christians stealing Saturnalia I too claim New Years day in the name of Gamers.

Wintereenmas is a celebration for gamers and nerds and geeks and all those who's hobbies are indoors and therefore are uniquely suited to enjoy winter despite the fact that the weather outside is cold and/or wet and/or miserable.

Many Wintereenmas traditions have sprung up (or been purposely invented) since it's inception in in 2003 and a quick google search will give you many ideas.

I decided to call the 24 days leading up to Wintereenmas WADvent for the following reasons, It's basically the equivalent of Advent, but for Wintereenmas so W-Advent, and then in the oldest traditions of Wintereenmas to make things more "nerdy", because doom (any many other similar games) used WAD files to store game assests (sound, maps, images) I rendered it as WADvent (as such it should be pronounced "wahdvent"). I decided to base the numbering of WADvent on computers numbering (hence the first entry being indexed as 0) so we get the "Zeroth Day of WADvent".

In addition to the name comes the traditional (starting now) lame excuse for people not wishing others a happy wintereenmas on the first of January as "Due to parsing errors most people still say Happy New Year".

So, Happy New Year!

To celebrate I have installed Linux on my PS3 twice already today.
ralphie

Re: Wintereenmas 2009

Post by ralphie »

wat
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

go maek read ctrl alt del n00b! :-)
aegis

Post by aegis »

SinbadEV wrote:To celebrate I have installed Linux on my PS3 twice already today.
isn't wintereenmas predominately a gaming holiday?
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

ctrl alt del is so far up its own ass you'd need Bruce Willis and the entire cast of armageddon with diamond-titanium drillbits to just get a ray of sunlight in there.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Am I the only one who read the thread title as "Winter Enemas" ??
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Pressure Line wrote:Am I the only one who read the thread title as "Winter Enemas" ??
That's pretty much what it is.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

[TS]Lollocide wrote:ctrl alt del is so far up its own ass you'd need Bruce Willis and the entire cast of armageddon with diamond-titanium drillbits to just get a ray of sunlight in there.
Yes, I agree with you, it's the most pretentious load of crap I've ever run across in a web-comic... and yet, oddly enough it is also the most juvenile. I have to admit that I read it for a number of years before seeing the light... my only excuse was that I was working a mind numbing job at the time and web-comics were my only respite from the interminable torment to which Tim Buckly's drivel seemed Tolkienesque by comparison. I am ashamed but instead choose to embrace the one good thing that come from it (well two things... there was a crossover with Applegeeks).
aegis wrote:
SinbadEV wrote:To celebrate I have installed Linux on my PS3 twice already today.
isn't wintereenmas predominately a gaming holiday?
That is a valid point... perhaps the playing of an SNES emulator on the PS3 is more in keeping with the season... and I did that too.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Pressure Line wrote:Am I the only one who read the thread title as "Winter Enemas" ??
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Happy wintereenmas '09
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

ctrl alt del is so far up its own ass you'd need Bruce Willis and the entire cast of armageddon with diamond-titanium drillbits to just get a ray of sunlight in there.
seconded

and the only time cad has been funny was during the miscarriage storyline
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

After Swifts post I am reminded that there are occasionally strips which, while they are still pretentious, are at least funny... they are usually the ones that aren't part of the "storyline".
nemppu

Post by nemppu »

:::----DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD so sad.
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

[TS]Lollocide wrote:ctrl alt del is so far up its own ass you'd need Bruce Willis and the entire cast of armageddon with diamond-titanium drillbits to just get a ray of sunlight in there.

So that's what the asteroid that was going to hit the Earth was...
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Are you serious?

THat's like arguing what's the best, Garfield or Peanuts. THey are both good lol. GOd forbid you sit down and read a strip without analyzing every last detail. Ever considered enjoying yourselves? ;p
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Yeah, some of them seem interesting. As long as the art is good, I don't care where his head is.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Forboding Angel wrote:THat's like arguing what's the best, Garfield or Peanuts. THey are both good lol. GOd forbid you sit down and read a strip without analyzing every last detail. Ever considered enjoying yourselves? ;p
actually comparing cad to garfield is quite apt, both are pretty much devoid of any value yet still have surprisingly high reader numbers
smoth

Post by smoth »

inktank was pretty funny.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

uh, winter enemas? wat?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”