MMORPGS? - Page 4

MMORPGS?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Argh

Re: MMORPGS?

Post by Argh »

MMORPGs are designed to eat up your life. They are a huge waste of time and money.
This.

Meh, most of them are really terribly boring, 'cept for PvP, and most of them don't do that part right, either. I don't get why people want to do "adventures" that are so shallow that they make Fallout 3 look godly, then maybe do PvP that makes Counter-Strike seem like it has major depth. The RP'ers, who want to just act like they're in a fantasy world, aren't served well by the designs, either- they'd have more genuine fun in Second Life.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

+1, but they're still better than most of TV.
overkill

Post by overkill »

I hope Darkfall will be succesfull. It looks VERY good, good enough to be a mmorpg worth playing.
Ofcourse it wont kill WoW because it is mostly skills based, and wow fags will be like: WTF IS THIS? NO LEVELS? NO GRINDING?????~?!?!?!!?!?
pharoph

Post by pharoph »

sigma storm2 as just been realesed. the only thing you need to buy you can also get by inviting people to join the game to.
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

I'd like an MMO like Spring but on a massive-alien-world level, with the emphasis on aquision of exhaustable resources (So you have to rebuild your base or become a trading hub or Energy reclaimation base). and alot less emphasis on combat. So most players will shimmy about the world, setting up bases nanolathe style, near the start spots players will fight over the very tiny ore piles they'll find or the best solar locations, but deeper into the planet players will rarely meet each other as they set up huge mining operations on huge orepiles for massive profit. (And then have to convoy the resources back to cities to sell it, either by ambushable convoy or setting up an epic traintrack). Or nomadic players who come across battlescenes as two players recoup their losses for the next attack at each other and using their nomadic jammer arrays and reclaimation engines, make off with tons of refined metal for their own profit.

Now that'd be an MMO I'd like to play.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

overkill wrote:I hope Darkfall will be succesfull. It looks VERY good, good enough to be a mmorpg worth playing.
Ofcourse it wont kill WoW because it is mostly skills based, and wow fags will be like: WTF IS THIS? NO LEVELS? NO GRINDING?????~?!?!?!!?!?
I know, I dont see how anyone could even think that DF (not Dwarf Fort, cause everyone knows thats the best game ever made by a mortal) could even be a 'WoW' killer.

Hell, DF is its own type of MMO. People who play WoW like WoW becuase of what WoW has to offer. The people who play DF will be the people who like what DF offers. One side will prefer hitting buttons to fighting and watching their health bars, while others will prefer a more 'head-to-head' style so to speak.

Maybe some WoW players will play DF and say "oh wow, this is what I've been wanting the entire time". But people who like WoW, like WoW.

DF seems to more focused on gaining power (social terms) and general skills.

I am going to be fairly dissapointed if DF fails me. But my plans for DF are generally griefing, I hope some of you join me. I plan to do alot of high-way robbery and looting fortresses while clans are in far away lands fighting for e-penis'.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I'm gonna be a merchant.(:])
Last edited by Gota on 14 Jan 2009, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
overkill

Post by overkill »

heheh, dont think i will be joining you. I am planning on being a noble dwarf crafter/warrior (hopefully named "Urist") and find my own land and maybe start a clan devoted to producing teh finest materials and weapons/armor/food in the game and still being able to fight.
Dorfs look like the perfect race for me, high defense and high wisdom (wisom affects crafting/farming/building/some majeeks) though i may help you with griefing when im bored. :P 8) :P
overkill

Post by overkill »

Also, dwarfsa are very awsome, <3 Dwarf fortress.
I fear none, but carp swarms and elephants/unicorns!
Gota

Post by Gota »

I hope DF will be balanced.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

No one wants to pillage and rape :cry: ?
overkill

Post by overkill »

well, Darkfall is making being evil like that very hard to be, you will be kill on sight to every npc, you will also be hated by large clans, and players due to being red.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

uo was the only mmo worth a shit
smoth

Post by smoth »

mudd

oh wait those actually had RPG happening... hmm funny they are still around. I guess some of us want less kill kill level in our rping
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

The very best MMORPG ever made:
http://www.progressquest.com/
Tired of grinding uselessly? Of noob players? Kill them all in Progress Quest!

I have a lvl 30 Dung Elf Shiv-Knight.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”