Signs of the Apocalypse Checklist

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Traditional 4 "Horsemen" of the Apocalypse:

[*] White Horse (Conquest Masquerading a Peace)
[*] Red Horse (War and Rumors of War)
[*] Black Horse (Widespread Famine OR Oil and Ethanol more valuable then food)
[*] Pale Horse (Plagues and Pestilence)

Other Signs:
[*] Philadelphia wins a World Series
[ ] Starcraft 2 Released
[ ] Duke Nukem Forever Released
[*] Atlantis Found [reference]
[*] The Secret is public knowledge

Anything missing from the list?
Archangel of Death

Re: Signs of the Apocalypse Checklist

Post by Archangel of Death »

I hardly think Starcraft 2 is worthy of being on that last... its not like it was supposed to be imminent that whole time since the original. Nor was there anything of significance standing in its way.

Homeworld 3, however... that is I think. It would take the power of a world ruler to free up that IP and get a truly worthy successor of the original Homeworld made!
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

Archangel of Death wrote:I hardly think Starcraft 2 is worthy of being on that last... its not like it was supposed to be imminent that whole time since the original. Nor was there anything of significance standing in its way.

Homeworld 3, however... that is I think. It would take the power of a world ruler to free up that IP and get a truly worthy successor of the original Homeworld made!
Godly space rts..oh god yesss
tombom

Post by tombom »

The Secret is that bollocks about how everything happens because people believe it so and so everybody with a disease secretly wanted it etc right

the sad thing is people believe this
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I was thinking how the apocalyptic collapse of the UK would happen, I reckon it'll go somthing like this;

1) Temporary Oil/petrol crisis
2) This causes panic buying of Oil/Petrol
3) Call it a week of shortage, within a day or two the number of cars running out of petrol between A and B begins to clog roads for hours at a time before recovery serices can reach then
4) Step 3 expodentially grows for a day or two until the roads are heavily gridlocked and blocked
5) This makes it extremely hard for other longistical vehicles to make deliveries, causing a temporary food crisis
6) Food panic guy
7) Food shortage and gridlocked roads, people stop going to work to forage for food/check every shop/find relatives
8) step 8 chains, until shops are not being opened. Delivery chain breaks down in certain areas entirely.
9) localised anarchy; military move to assist where possible but many territorial army members do not answer call to service due to aforementioned foraging and looking after family while bulk of UK military is abroad.
10) insufficent military presence to keep order AND take over the delivery chain of food etc AND cover for emergency services
11) Anarchy spreads;barter begins to supplement currency locally
12) Local food supplies run out, military overwelemed
13) meta anarchy
14) ????????
15) post apocalpyse UK
TheBigPK

Post by TheBigPK »

Archangel of Death wrote:Homeworld 3
Yes.
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:I was thinking how the apocalyptic collapse of the UK would happen, I reckon it'll go somthing like this;

1) Temporary Oil/petrol crisis
2) Take the bus
3) Apocalypse averted
fixed
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Chinese Democracy should be on there too.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

The Duke released in your & my lifetime - is fake! ;)

Even if the Duke was dead on his donkey, they still would keep him riding for the Excellent running Reminder Meme he makes...

So the Duke is the fourt Rider in Disguise... the Games never to come...- and don´t forget Ronny Soak... the Milkmann, bringer of the cold Swoard, hygienic milk and cheese.. ;)

http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-magazine ... king.thtml

Now just calm down, OPtimists.. one way they see a great future or the other way a great Catastrophe.. never anything mediocre, unspectacular, not the great show.. but this is what is going to happen. Groundcontact...3..2..1..
And there was no big SFXplosions, just mud, dirt and this angsteatingmind-feeling, that you missed all the time the boring part life is really made of... ;) And nobody will come to save you, no apocalyptic Riders, no Villian, nobody. Get a Balance, after you get a Grip! ;) ;)
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

1) Spring forums down
2) ...
3) Spring website not coming back up
4) anarchy spreads around the world
RogerN

Post by RogerN »

[ ] Global economic meltdown
Yeah, the press makes the current meltdown sound pretty bad... but it needs to get a lot worse before I'd call it apocalypse-worthy.

[ ] Unified world government
The EU is a good start, but it's not apocalypse-worthy just yet. We'll need to see Asian, American, and possibly African/Middle-Eastern unions first. Then they'll merge and we'll all be one big unhappy family for a very short period of time immediately prior to the end of the world.

[ ] Mickey Mouse copyright expires, character becomes public domain
If the previous criteria make you nervous then this one should alleviate your fears. It'll never happen.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Hrm, end of the world lore. It's not such a thing. The universe comes in layers anyway.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

SinbadEV wrote:[*] White Horse (Conquest Masquerading a Peace)
I just want to point out, all those things were prevalent during the Roman empire as well (except the ethanol thing, which is hugely interpretive anyways), and the crusades, and World War 1, and World War 2, and the Vietnam war, as well as a plethora of other historical periods and events depending how loosely you interpret the signs.

That's the thing about prophecy, it only works in retrospective (especially since the majority of prophecy is ridiculously symbolic and interpretive)
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

"The eastern world, it is explodin, violence flairin, bullets loadin. Yer old enough to kill, but not fer votin, you don't believe in war, so what's that gun yer totin? And even the Jordan river has bodies floatin, and you tell me over and over again my friend, you don't believe, we're on the eve of destruction."
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

SwiftSpear wrote:
SinbadEV wrote:[*] White Horse (Conquest Masquerading a Peace)
I just want to point out, all those things were prevalent during the Roman empire as well (except the ethanol thing, which is hugely interpretive anyways), and the crusades, and World War 1, and World War 2, and the Vietnam war, as well as a plethora of other historical periods and events depending how loosely you interpret the signs.

That's the thing about prophecy, it only works in retrospective (especially since the majority of prophecy is ridiculously symbolic and interpretive)
Of course it is. This is very annoying for people who believe the bible and are trying to decipher our current time. We live in a time where we are looking to leaders for desperately needed hope in a deperate time.

Let's break this situation down in what has generally believed to have been fulfilled as Bible prophecy:

#1: 1946: establishment of Jewish state

This fulfills many scriptures in the old testament (the testament that seems to have the most detailed end time prophecy in Daniel, Isaiah and Ezekiel.) saying that God will re-establish his people as they were under the full blessing.

For this reason we are compelled to find out what the bible says happens after the re-establishment of the Jewish state.

#2: Nations will come against Israel in an effort to destroy it.
My opinion:

The bible talks about several nations. Magog(most notable) being Russia, accompanied by the Islamic nations & people of the east(China) march on Israel in an effort to destroy it.

Now Russia has been trying to destroy Israel ever since WW2, through Islamic countries. These attempts have been successful only in making Israel stronger. This part of scripture seems to confuse many scholars. Secondly, the bible make special mention of China taking part in this ill-fated invasion (in Daniel).

The pre requisites for this attack are that China have a 200 million man army.

China's populance has exploded in the last 10 years. Populance brings power, and this power is currently undermining the USA's economy.

It prophecies that the Euphrates river will dry up, allowing this huge army to physically march their way to Israel, where they will be destroyed through natural disaster.

Seems to me though that these events will take place during the tribulation, during which time Christians will have already been raptured from the earth.

But it's being fulfilled, step by step.
tombom

Post by tombom »

are you seriously saying some utter nonsense "prophecies" about the rapture that rely on some very horrible readings of the bible and are often complete fantasy are "being fufilled"

wtf
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

Global Warming

Nucelar Proliferation

China threatening the Usa as the worlds #1 power.. Im sure Usa wont stand for that

North Korea running out of Aid money (this is the only reason they have nukes so that foreign aid will keep the country running)

India and Pakistan arms race.

The hole in the ozone layer.. (thanks the rest of the world.. us Australians have to live directly underneath that shit..)

World Rice shortage

Global ecenomic crisis.

Its allready happened in my opinion
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

The world DID end when the clocks rolled over to 2000... just no-one noticed right away.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Scratch wrote:things
Excellent troll sir, 10/10 on the Gota scale.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Peet wrote: Excellent troll sir, 10/10 on the Gota scale.
Peet wrote:ITT we can stop using numerical scales to "subtly" flame other users now. (locks topic)
I give this troll a 10/10 on the Gota scale.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”