Fallout 3 - Page 9

Fallout 3

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Acidd_UK

Re: Fallout 3

Post by Acidd_UK »

From memory, you want to head east first to get the airport, then head south from there to take the first sam site and town...
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

gamefaqs.com

There are tons of good mods, campaigns or total conversions (like Deidranna Lives) for JA2 once you get bored with the game.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

i've just hit level 20 and i have pretty much every item ingame hauled off to my love machine themed house with all the addons you can get to it, with almost all named weapons and armor in the room
(didnt get ghoul mask tho because i shot roy next to tenpenny before knowing he gives ghoul mask) , and found roughly 90% of the places, with 10% still to go (mostly ghoul places)

the only weapons i dont have are agatha's nighthawk (havent bothered with music paper, bitch can write her scribbles on a wall), butch's knife and the deathclaw hand melee weapon

After you finish the part in storyline where enclave starts popping around the map, the game becomes ridiculously easy. Youll have access to 24/7 laser/plasma pistol/rifle ammo and tesla/enclave power armor, with the only things remotely resembling a threat being a squad of 3 deathclaws (old olney and the medic armor place) , and thats without whipping out a flamer gotten from the enclave soldiers ~~ and if you progress to the part where you get fawkes as a ally it becomes so easy that you can just run through the wasteland with autowalk on, and fawkes will kill anything that comes on sight range to you

Also if you find some items out of your reach (like the reservist's rifle), get dogmeat and tell him to find weapons, after bringing some random pool cues from nearby enemies, dogmeat will proceed to fly on top of buildings to fetch guns for you ~~
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

nighthawk
Blackhawk

Best handgun ever, been toting one since I was a toddler

How many of your quest NPCs died? I missed out on Lucy West's stupid quest because she fell off a cliff. I found her in the middle of the world map then when I teleported myself to her. Alongside her were a few other NPCs I didn't really miss.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

rattle wrote:
nighthawk
Blackhawk

How many of your quest NPCs died? I missed out on Lucy West's stupid quest because she fell off a cliff. I found her in the middle of the world map then when I teleported myself to her. Alongside her were a few other NPCs I didn't really miss.
Most of her quests can still be done without talking to her. It's harder, as you can't give her brother the letter, but you can still basically do everything you need to in the quests.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

How many of your quest NPCs died?

A lot of them , some before i've even known that theyre anything else than named random encounters ( like that friendly super mutant, or roy philips)

luckily theres usually several ways to finish quests (good, evil,neutral), with good example being the oasis (i opted to make him grow, forgoing bear charm or the perk)

-i've also heard that you can spawn npcs back in with the console, but im not sure if this'll work especially since i've already done quests the other ways (like missing android, yet again forgoing named gun by accident =( )
I find the big guns more. . . reassuring when im entering deathclaw/ghoul infested sewers. The flamer has a huge confidence bonus, and the missile launcher makes up for a great makeshift sniper (named rifles are broken and stored on my house :[ )

Most of her quests can still be done without talking to her. It's harder, as you can't give her brother the letter, but you can still basically do everything you need to in the quests.
is she the one who gives the letter to the new "family" member from arefu? if so i think she's dead (someone in megaton became hostile to fawkes, who in turn slaughtered pretty much anything resembling a living being in the town)
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

Lincoln's repeater is all you need. Kills a deathclaw with a single vats-round on very hard. Sneak attack of course.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Lincoln's repeater
The best thing about that rifle is, that you can repair it with other hunting rifles, which you find in masses. And it does about as much damage as the Blackhawk (LR: 54, BH: 58 iirc).
named rifles are broken and stored on my house :[
There's a mod against wear and tear

I haven't seen any deathclaws yet because the game is so fucking boring that I'm about to start over using a rebalance mod.

Reviving dead NPCs:
If you happen to find the corpse, then use ressurrect in the console while "targeting" the corpse (click on it in console mode)

Otherwise, "save <filename> 1" should save the game as well as debug data like the unique PC/NPC IDs. Dead NPCs basically get teleported to the center of the world during the 24 hour cycle (I think), so you can still teleport yourself to any dead NPC using player.moveto <id>.
TheBigPK

Post by TheBigPK »

Woot, official word from Bethesda that the construction set is on the way!!!

READ

lol, GECK was a good decision.

EDIT:
GECK RELEASED, MOD MOD MOD NOM NOM NOM

Get it and find mods here.

Also, screens of the new (WiP) DLC Operation Anchorage are up on FO3's site.
click
Actually looks pretty cool, and if the Pittsburg DLC they announced in the first link on this post comes out with as much new content as OA appears to contain, these are going to be awesome.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”