Fallout 3 - Page 5

Fallout 3

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

rattle
Damned Developer

Re: Fallout 3

Post by rattle »

in before Fallout 34
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I got it. It took an epic forever to DL, and it crashes alot :P

A few tweaks I can try, but forgoing that I'm gonna have to await a patch to fix it. At least I know I'm not alone.

Seems pretty good so far, however, I've already run into the retarded oblivion AI :P. Interesting being able to shoot basically kill people right infront of their friends/family, and they just kind of stand around like idiots in most cases... or react in completely inappropriate ways (one guy ran down a hall whilst still in full conversation with the dead guy). If you don't get too creative with methods of solving conventional problems you probably won't run into this kind of stuff that much though.

Still, the stats systems seem to be pretty good, and combat and gun performance is pretty crisp and responsive. It feels right in other words.

One tip, don't overload agility unless you can't stand the thought of a little twitch gaming. Classic fallout players will be pretty used to agility being the end all, being that you constantly need action points to do everything. In bethesda's version it does VATS (which I personally feel is only moderately necessary in the hardest parts on the PC) sneak, and steal. Unless you really love VATS, it's a waste of stat points to only get sneaking skill and pick pocketing skill out of it.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

its pretty good so far, though i havn't had sex with anyone yet, 120 bottlecaps my ass.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Machiosabre wrote:its pretty good so far, though i havn't had bottlecaps with anyone yet, 120 sex'd my ass.
Hurr hurr fixed
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Swift was playing it last night. I haven't had the honour.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

For anyone else experiencing crashes. This certainly isn't a long term solution, but playing in windowed mode seems to increase reliability by a huge amount. Doesn't eliminate crashes entirely, but when you do crash in windowed mode it no longer kills the PC.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

So smoth, was shoelip right or wrong?
smoth

Post by smoth »

Swift I have had a clusterheadache for 9 days now. I don't know what shoelips opinion is but it is probably something akin to: "Baw it is oblivion with gunz, hey why can't I have sex, my experience is now ruined... etc" Thanks to my OMGWTF headache I have been mostly on the sofa for 9 days had to go to the er 3 times and have so far seen: 6 different doctors but good to know that you wanted to know that answer over whether or not I am going to have to continue to suffer. I did watch some tv and it uses the oblivion engine but until I play it which will not be any time soon I am going to prescribe to my previous opinion that it is probably a good game and people are just going to hate it because it is not the same crap they played before.

I also hope he gets a suicide migraine, fucking hell. Aslo if he is trying pester me through you that shit can stop now.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

:/

Sorry, I was assuming you'd played, I just wanted your opinion on the game. I haven't talked to shoelip since you banned him on your forum.

I also didn't know you weren't feeling good. I hope you feel better, sounds like pretty much the worst headache ever.
smoth

Post by smoth »

sholip was never banned. He just started a bunch of ugly drama and left screaming weird paranoiya
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

I bought the game and don't regret it (yet). It's not crashing either, runs smooth. Also, there isn't any other game where you can have a fight with Argh!

BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

I'm disappointed the PC edition doesn't have the steel tin version available in shops near me :(
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Is there any version out where you can harm kids? I read that the Australian version was going to be censored (Morphine => Med-X, invincible kids) but apparently the german is as well...
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

AFAIK they made kids invincible in all versions. I'll be getting the first mod that fixes that. I'm fairly sure they only did it to avoid an AO rating, and there's really no reason why it can't be made into an option by the modding community.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

AFAIK they made kids invincible in all versions.
The first thing i saw when i entered the slave-trade-place was a kid running towards me and blowing his head off, followed by a slaver telling me to mind my own business
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Sleksa wrote:
AFAIK they made kids invincible in all versions.
The first thing i saw when i entered the slave-trade-place was a kid running towards me and blowing his head off, followed by a slaver telling me to mind my own business
Ya, but you can't kill kids yourself. Not directly anyways, they still die if you setup the bomb in megaton for example.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

good game but its not fallout.

a review ive read was saying something like "Fallout 3 is like a big and expensive mod for Oblivion" and i have to agree.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

It is fun however, I kind of like the battle system even though I prefer classic top down TBS. Also the skill system was better in the predecessors (i.e. tagging skills nets a one time bonus of 15 points now).

Speaking of kids, do they survive a pickpocketed set of dynamite (is there dynamite at all?)/grenades too?
smoth

Post by smoth »

I still have not bought the game. I have to wait a bit because being sick for 2 weeks hurts my account.

To all the people crying about not being able to shoot kids mod it.

To all the people crying about no sex/stds. get a bitch drunk or buy a real sex game FFS

"an oblivion mod"
-red orchestra was a mod.
make you wonder, is that statement a positive indicator for the modding community or just another biased wanker.
TheBigPK

Post by TheBigPK »

I'm addicted :P. Thought I would hate it for basically being just a giant oblivion mod but its really fun. The subways are actually kinda spooky and the scarcity of ammo keeps you on edge when fighting, the two of which help immersion a lot. I've gotten some massive lols out of the dark humor so far too; tenpenny and the chick after megaton explodes were great.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”