Starcraft 2 split into three games??? - Page 2

Starcraft 2 split into three games???

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Lolsquad_Steven

Re: Starcraft 2 split into three games???

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

Who gives a shit about the campaigns anyway, you guys change your mind like a girl changes clothes.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

I have to agree with Lolsquad Steven and Smoth. They get a 10 on the Gota scale for no bullshit award.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Zpock wrote:How is this different from playing 3 campaigns in the original and then another 3 in the expansion as was the case with SC1? The story was just as split.
This is different from playing 3 campaigns in the original and it's expansion. Starcraft2 comes with 1 arc and then another 1 in each *scratchout*expansion*scratchout* purchaseablelevelpack? The story is much more split.

3 != 1

ImageImageImage != Image
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Excuse me, I have to go change my clothes now.
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

It seems like their going for something similar to dawn of war, in that each campaign will have some stuff you do in between battles too. This might imply that each side might get some different mechanics for this and lots of interesting artwork like the ships interiors and stuff, making for awesome immersion. So it will definitely make for a lot more then just an average mission pack.

I don't see what there is to be upset about, they basically announced that they will do 2 expansions well advance instead of "keeping it secret", and that each race has it's own. It's pretty much the same as all predecessors, almost every RTS ever has had expansions, and no one is forcing people to buy it either? Compare it to DoW, or CoH where there was only an allied campaign.

Do you complain that starwars, LOTR, the Matrix and others where made as an epic series instead of just one movie too?
Erom

Post by Erom »

I buy RTS's for the single player campaign. Really, I don't give a shit about multiplayer. So long as each box has a single player campaign about as long as all three campaigns from SC1 or BW, I will quite happily purchase and play all 3 (Yes, that is 150$ I am totally willing to spend.) and am really excited I'm going to get 3x the single player campaign from some of the best campaign writers in the industry.

My only concern is that Warcraft 3 was not as well written as War2 or SC1, so I do hope they take their time and do a good job with the storyline. Then again, doing it split gives them more time to do that, so again I actually consider this a good thing.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

smoth wrote: FUCK THAT I DO NOT WANT STARCRAFT DIAMOND! They are just pixels people, if you cannot pickup a game and have fun then you need to shoot yourself in the leg with a nail gun. People ruin their lives in games like wow, sorry guys, I cannot go out, I have to get this rare armor set in a raid... fucking loser, stop chasing pixels and come with us, ogle some tits and maybe, just maybe, you'll get to touch a REAL woman!
But but... Night Elf with breastplate of tits +2!!! :x
smoth

Post by smoth »

swift: :evil: ;)

and zpock. I already said this is NOTHING like dawn of war.

In the dawn of war expansions we would get 2-3 NEW FACTIONS a new campaign, with new items for characters etc. Hell the campaign styles would even change, the last two were about taking over the world.

NOT EVEN COMPARABLE!
Do you complain that starwars, LOTR, the Matrix and others where made as an epic series instead of just one movie too?
Hey there, in left field, the conversation is over here. Don't compare toenail clippings to leaches. Movies need to be 1-2 hours long. Audiences get uncomfortable with things longer than that.

Whatever, dude, it's bullshit. Blizzard has tons of money to put in, starcraft has the fanbase that would make any expenditure viable. Blizzard used to release when it was done, not release when it is partially done and make players pay for the rest. This is probably all activision and it is wrong. DLC is one thing, as are the exclusives that you have to PREORDER to have but this bullshit of splitting a game up to optimize profit is wrong. It is corporate strategy and you guys are lapping it up, all the while you guys cry about DRM of all things. You are killing pc gaming.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Buy one Game, pirate the Addons. Blizzard Cured.. Problem solved. Thread closed.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Acctually... my brother in law just registered his copy of WC3 and it now let's you download it from their server to any computer

that's acctually pretty cool
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

smoth wrote:Movies need to be 1-2 hours long. Audiences get uncomfortable with things longer than that.
Don't care about the rest of the topic, but this is totally untrue. Bad Boys 2, Die Hard: Live Free or Die Hard, and many more. 3 Hours of kickass and fukwin.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Oh look, an exception to a generalization, this cannot exist in my 2 dimensional world. Oh look movies that generally break the rules, NEVER IN MY CUT AND DRY WORLD HAVE I SEEN ANYTHING IN YOUR LIST.

THATS SARCASM BTW.
Death Dragon

Post by Death Dragon »

smoth wrote:swift: :evil: ;)

In the dawn of war expansions we would get 2-3 NEW FACTIONS a new campaign, with new items for characters etc. Hell the campaign styles would even change, the last two were about taking over the world.

NOT EVEN COMPARABLE!
So you already know what's going to be in the StarCraft expansions?
Hell, not even Blizzard knows that.

How about you calm down and wait till the expansions are released?
Then you can bump this thread and scream around for real reasons not because of theories.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Death Dragon wrote:
smoth wrote:swift: :evil: ;)

NOT EVEN COMPARABLE!
So you already know what's going to be in the StarCraft expansions?
Hell, not even Blizzard knows that.

How about you calm down and wait till the expansions are released?
Then you can bump this thread and scream around for real reasons not because of theories.
Oh, ffs, you calm down, it's a discussion board, we discuss stuff. Sometimes theories, get used to it.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Death Dragon wrote: Image
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

G_G
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

damnit people im not nearly as amused by your antics as i was hoping to be...

I DEAMND MORE DRAMA ABOUT THIS!!!

I REQUIRE MORE LULZ!!!!
Death Dragon

Post by Death Dragon »

ZellSF wrote: Oh, ffs, you calm down, it's a discussion board, we discuss stuff. Sometimes theories, get used to it.
I guess I should use smilies to sound a little more calm but I don't really want to use smilies.
I thought I already sounded pretty calm because I didn't use any "complete caps log words". :wink:
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

smoth wrote:it is bullshit and they are milking you people. Enjoy getting ripped off.
my words exactly
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

It's hard to see how you think an epic sized 30 single race mission campaign is much worse then having 3 campaigns of 10 missions without as much fluff like walking around spaceships, etc. Your position simply does not make any sense.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”