What are you doing with your money? - Page 2

What are you doing with your money?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaNa

Re: What are you doing with your money?

Post by BaNa »

manored wrote:What if suddently someone finds out something bad about gold, such as "gold causes cancer"? :)
My only fear is that it is currently over-valued but looking at the markets even if the price of gold falls a bit in the future it will be back up in a short time.
manored

Post by manored »

Gold is used in a few kinds of wiring, isnt it? Well I guess that makes it as safe as iron or steel then :)
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

I doubt there is a country that won't suffer from the crisis. I also don't think that the crisis is as much of a crisis as it is made out to be. Hope I'm right there.
smoth

Post by smoth »

well it is fairly bad for some people, I am fine but others are not. Thing is crayfish, it may sting for a bit but it'll get better. I sincerely doubt we are going to see any sort of major societal collapse, just some hard times and things will eventually get better.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

Yeah, I agree. People have been comparing it to the great depressions of the ~1880s and ~1930s. I don't see it going that far.

I guess that some people are feeling it more than me though. Actually, I rent and the housing market has plummeted so fast in the UK that cheaper rent makes up for expensive food etc.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Crayfish wrote:Yeah, I agree. People have been comparing it to the great depressions of the ~1880s and ~1930s.
...cycle of money from U.S. loans to Germany, which then made reparations to other European nations, which then used the money to pay off their debts to America, locked the western world's economy on that of the U.S.
I'd be real nervous if I was living in Poland ;)
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

smoth wrote:well it is fairly bad for some people, I am fine but others are not. Thing is crayfish, it may sting for a bit but it'll get better. I sincerely doubt we are going to see any sort of major societal collapse, just some hard times and things will eventually get better.
Agreed. In the cliche words.

The night is darkest before the dawn.
manored

Post by manored »

What about "There is always light in the end of the tunnel"? :)
Crayfish wrote:I doubt there is a country that won't suffer from the crisis. I also don't think that the crisis is as much of a crisis as it is made out to be. Hope I'm right there.
Indeed there is not, but there are those who will suffer less, and hopefully Brazil is one of those.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

BaNa

Post by BaNa »

I've been fucking pissed off this week:

gold what gold i dont know what you people mean

I advised the family to drop the pharma stocks we held when it was at a small peak this week, cause who the fuck thinks prices will go up in a developing marked like hungary right now. We didnt, now those stocks are down 15% in 1 day. update: wooo -25%

Grrrrrr.
Last edited by BaNa on 10 Oct 2008, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
manored

Post by manored »

What about jewels? Diamonds are used as cutting tools in some industries... :)
smoth

Post by smoth »

seriously man, wtf, how are you going to protect your je* gold?
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

Platinum is looking like a tasty option at the moment. I doubt it'll be this low again for a very long time.

manored

Post by manored »

smoth wrote:seriously man, wtf, how are you going to protect your je* gold?
You wont have to protect it if you make sure nobody knows you have it :) Off course whoever sells it to you will know, so it must be someone you trust.
smoth

Post by smoth »

heh
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

http://goldprice.org/silver-and-gold-pr ... omise.html

gold is starting to look a pretty funky option.

Also;
I am not predicting they'll declare a bank holiday, but it's a possibility, so pick up some extra cash tomorrow, like, a couple of month's living expenses.
the possibility of having your account frozen in a bank isnt a healthy sign
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

manored wrote:What about "There is always light in the end of the tunnel"? :)
It's usually the oncoming train.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

I'm just doing what i normally do, paying off debts and getting blind drunk. Oh and a lot of pizza.

All this crap hasn't affected me one bit :)
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Buy Slaves in Countrys (Sudan) where that is still comon Business- Humans never loose Value! Or buy land, land has a sort of stable value over time of it´s own, and if you buy it clever (outskirts of expected to grow rich citys in overpoorpopulated countrsy) it regains value. And also, even shares have still value, as long as you have insiders* in the Company whose shares you buy. Just don´t buy the Shit your bank will want to sell you as a good Savingsoption. Only one word on that shit- read it, read everything, ask stupid questions to reveal there epic phail.
Invest, thinking the Futures Inventions through till the last point. If Fusions will ever come, ENRON will phail, ;) if the Houseprinter will evar work, Houses will be cheaper, if Spring ruulez the World, EA will suffer ;) ;) ;) I mean, of course you can calculate risks, just make a mathformula, and then run like hell for the Prices, before the actuall events catch up to it... ;)

*In other words, date the CEOs Secretary, to protect your Moneypenny by knowing the Businessplanz. ;)
manored

Post by manored »

BlackLiger wrote:
manored wrote:What about "There is always light in the end of the tunnel"? :)
It's usually the oncoming train.
Regardeless it means that your troubles are ending soon :)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”