I can't play PS2 games on my PS3

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I would rant but what's the point... I was certain that it was indicated that software emulation would be provided but it won't even read the disk... I'm thinking of returning it and getting a cheaper Blue-Ray player and an Xbox 360.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: I can't play PS2 games on my PS3

Post by Forboding Angel »

WHy on earth did you get a ps3 in the first place? 360 is so much better. Of course... imo.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Forboding Angel wrote:WHy on earth did you get a ps3 in the first place? 360 is so much better. Of course... imo.
Best Blu-Ray player for the money?

It's funny, they say Blu-Ray has only 5 years to live before a better spec comes out. However, I still wish MS would start building X360s with Blu-Ray, since there's no other HD movie media out there. :/
HeavyLancer

Post by HeavyLancer »

Forboding Angel wrote:360 is so much better. Of course... imo.
http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xbox- ... sole-woes/
That's a reason I'm not getting a 360.
tombom

Post by tombom »

What the hell? That's absolutely awful. Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to not include PS2 emulation on some models that outwardly look similar?
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

costs too much, they were actually putting ps2 chips into the old models.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Blu-ray players aren't as cheap as DVD players, there's not much to save by getting one rather than keeping your PS3. If you do however you'll be missing a good media center, a good PC gamepad and some really interesting games. You can get nothing of that with a 360. I would buy a 360 anyway, but don't do something as stupid as returning your PS3 to get a standalone blu-ray player, just don't.

Also I was more upset by the removal of SACD and card reader support than the removal of backwards compatibility.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Just ignore BluRay?

AFAIK the 360 has more games.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

time to reap the old ps2 and gamecube harvest if you ask me.
so many good games, so cheap.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

KDR_11k wrote:Just ignore BluRay?
He is saying he wants blu-ray, otherwise he wouldn't be considering a standalone blu-ray player.
KDR_11k wrote:AFAIK the 360 has more games.
More games? I could understand if it you had said the 360 had better games, but are you honestly judging how good a console is based on the number of games available for it? That's just stupid.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Machiosabre wrote:time to reap the old ps2 and gamecube harvest if you ask me.
What's good on the Cube that doesn't have a better sequel on the Wii? I mean, I've been looking through the Cube library and the only things that pique my interest already have Wii versions out - Smash being the big one.

What I really want to see is the Dreamcast classics on the Wii. Sega is utterly retarded for forgetting about Virtual On: Oratio Tangram and Chu Chu Rocket.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

ZellSF wrote:
KDR_11k wrote:AFAIK the 360 has more games.
More games? I could understand if it you had said the 360 had better games, but are you honestly judging how good a console is based on the number of games available for it? That's just stupid.
More better games, whatever, blah. Number IS important, having a few great games but not much overall is crippling because people want some variety and most people like only a limited set of genres, more games usually mean more genres are covered.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Pxtl wrote:
What's good on the Cube that doesn't have a better sequel on the Wii? I mean, I've been looking through the Cube library and the only things that pique my interest already have Wii versions out - Smash being the big one.
F-Zero GX
Ikaruga
killer7
Kururin Squash
Nintendo Puzzle Collection
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
P.N.03
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Tales of Symphonia
Viewtiful Joe
KDR_11k wrote:More better games, whatever, blah. Number IS important, having a few great games but not much overall is crippling because people want some variety and most people like only a limited set of genres, more games usually mean more genres are covered.
Both consoles have more than enough games to satisfy most people though, and numbers beyond that are pretty much insignificant.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

if you limit yourself to just wii games it's pretty slim pickings, I finished the wii games I cared about a long time ago, and it's prettymuch just Mad World on the horison.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Okay, good answer. Ikaruga is a damned good one, but I've already got that (and Skies) for my DC. PN03 didn't look that good to me, actually. Is Killer 7 good? I tried No More Heroes at the store and was kinda disappointed.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Pxtl wrote:

What I really want to see is the Dreamcast classics on the Wii. Sega is utterly retarded for forgetting about Virtual On: Oratio Tangram and Chu Chu Rocket.
Funny, I used to play Smash around 3 years ago on the cube and recently I've got back into it, played Melee around 20 times or so in the past week xD

Game of games.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Okay, good answer. Ikaruga is a damned good one, but I've already got that ....
on the 360 it is high res...
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

ZellSF wrote:Kururin Squash
Awesome, there's more people who played Kururin? Everybody needs some Kururin!

PN03 is a pretty nice game, it was overpriced originally (60├óÔÇÜ┬¼ for 4 hours of play WTF) but should be pretty damn cheap now. It has a stupid design error in the form of the first level (where you're still oming to grips with the system) being the longest but after you get used to it on easy you should restart on medium.

I liked Gotcha Force but it's probably not for everyone.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

I can't play PS8 games on my PS9. I can't believe I paid $750,000 for this piece of crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKQbRBhRWMQ

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”