C&C:RA3 or ST2

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

pharoph

Post by pharoph »

well lets discuss. which would you pick and why?

nothing else to say really because i dont know how to sum the games up. there just to great to spoil.
Otherside

Re: C&C:RA3 or ST2

Post by Otherside »

SC2 just cause blizzard are better developers

and the online play will be more fun
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

SC, just becaus eh it's SC
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

SC? who mentioned starcraft? The thread has ST in the title!
HeavyLancer

Post by HeavyLancer »

What is this ST2 you speak of? I assume, you mean StarCraft 2?

In which case, it's StarCraft 2 for me. Red Alert is a more fun universe, but unlike EA ("lets make a sequel with an OP/retarded third faction, lol"), Blizzard is more than capable of crafting an excellent and engaging single player game that will have competitive and well made multiplayer.

Last time I checked, RA3 wasn't going to be the new competitive online RTS that many pro-gaming circuits will most likely adopt.

RA3 may be good, but the novelty will wear off, and EA will screw up MP balancing as they have done with CnC3.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

RA3, because it has lolis, armed bears and ninjas.
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

While I'm not supposed to say anything yet, I will say that RA3's multi player is proving more fun than I originally expected.

*cough cough* Not that I'm in the beta and so not allowed to say anything etc *cough*

<_< (Ok, that should keep EA off my back)
But seriously, BEARS! DUDES! IT HAS BEARS!
Erom

Post by Erom »

SC2 first, but I'm sure I'll play both eventually. Both excellent franchises, neither infallible, but overall Blizzard is the better dev house.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

SC2
RA3 looked good til i saw the gameplay trailer a while back
that was horrible
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Clearly Demigod as I don't want another Brood War Add-On featuring a new engine presented as entire new full-price game (plus I don't like those clicking RTS games - I prefer to have at least a bit of a strategy game like Total Annihilation or even Supcom did provide) and I don't have any hope left for any C&C title as from the release of Tiberian Sun...

Well I might buy SC2 later on because Blizzard always has nice singleplayer campaigns...
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Might... nice wording. I'm definitely not going to buy either.
Evil4Zerggin

Post by Evil4Zerggin »

I'm going to have to side with SC2; Blizzard > EA. Although I'll probably try both.
pharoph

Post by pharoph »

dam it i was sure i had i correct.. sc2.,...
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I won't be buying either unless I like them.
pharoph

Post by pharoph »

well.. RA3 ive had my doughts. ever since ea messed up. ever since i was younge ive never seen the bad side about it. but then i realized. if study the tiberium sun short clips you will notice they describe nothing important about the mission objectives AT ALL. your like wtf are they talk about? what? whats happneing?

tiberium wars although had good detail was bad. and i mean bad. over powerd scrin, get a few mamoth tanks and youll own everone on they ap and it had no story line what so ever. plus the bugs. ea is know for its way of rushing games for the profit and i am afraid this will happen in RA3 aswell. but there are good features to it.

the abilitys to build bases on the waters makes the sea a new strategic option, ninjas and atatck bears. just hope that korea isnt over powerd.

on the other hand SC2. asian gamers have been waiting for this for a long time. im expecting everthing from the original SC and more. the stragic optons are endless on this game. plus it will cirtainly have A GREAT story line like all other games seria worked on including homeworld (one of my favorites) and age of empires.

i dont have anything else to say on it because i havent done research on it. all ive learned is that it has way more options to choose from. but afer consideration i would pick RA3. ive always love the Command and Conquer series and they way you build stuff. and i also had the RA3 screen saver but my computer had an eroor and it destroyed the screen saver. :cry: :cry:

happy great games month!
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

BlackLiger wrote:While I'm not supposed to say anything yet, I will say that RA3's multi player is proving more fun than I originally expected.

*cough cough* Not that I'm in the beta and so not allowed to say anything etc *cough*

<_< (Ok, that should keep EA off my back)
But seriously, BEARS! DUDES! IT HAS BEARS!
Pretty sure we are allowed to talk about it i mean the beta forums are public...

and there are a large number of beta vids up on youtube...

So far the beta has been enjoyable... i do wonder if they made Empire a little OP econ wise since they can more easily increase their number of refineries. Both the Allies and the soviets have to make a unit that deploys a build area before you can place the building with the allies having a slight edge since that unit is their harvester. The Soviets could line build their way like classic CnC but i doubt it would be very effective not to mention easily countered since their buildings can be damaged/destroyed while under construction.
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Yeah, it kinda bugs me that the soviets are the slowest to build. I mean, being the only side with a crane should offset that, but it doesn't seem to work.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Well i will try them both, and may end up getting them both, will be upgrading my pc again soon so hopefully i will get them.
Gota

Post by Gota »

RA series sucked ass except the first.
And c&C sucked ass except from the original.
SC2=SC1 with better gfx.
Wont buy either but will try both just to see em.
I dont play singleplayer and im not gonna try and compete with the SC1 pros that have been playing for 10 years.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Gota wrote:RA series sucked ass except the first.
And c&C sucked ass except from the original.
SC2=SC1 with better gfx.
Wont buy either but will try both just to see em.
I dont play singleplayer and im not gonna try and compete with the SC1 pros that have been playing for 10 years.
you are a really fun guy

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”