Recomended games for my vacations? - Page 2

Recomended games for my vacations?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Erom

Re: Recomended games for my vacations?

Post by Erom »

Buy it on console? I got the Xbox version as a gift, so it's not like I made an informed decision, but there are some games where the retarded DRM makes it just not worth it to get the computer version. Which I suppose is the point- wouldn't the game companies love it if they thought they could force us all back to console where you _have_ to buy the disk?
Panda

Post by Panda »

Spore Creature Creator.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Loads of hentai games
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

rattle wrote:Loads of hentai games
I have these if you want
Also again Battleraper 2
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I knew I'd heard of the phrase "Battle Raper" but I didn't know where it came from!

They should make a sequel, "Battle Raper from the Future"! (anyone, anyone?)

That sucks about Mass Effect. I guess it's a Steam-only purchase then.
Gota

Post by Gota »

ZellSF wrote:
Gota wrote:Bioshock is boring repetetive crap it might be worth a "preview" but i sure dont recomand buying it.Just repetetive linear fps wth very nice GFX.
Portal,yeah fun stuff but not THAT good..
Cod4 only worth it if u play online.Single player is "fun" but short and linear.
UNivrse of war-crap
C&C 3 - crap
Halflife 2 episode 2 - crap.
I'm not sure why the hell you think being linear or short are negative qualities, but you are so wrong.
you mean you dont like a game being like 20-30 hours long and prefer it to be 8 hours long?
El Idiot

Post by El Idiot »

If you have no internet on vacation, I highly recommend an RPG or something heavily story oriented.

-Fallout 1 & 2
-XCOM
-Dungeon Keeper 2
-Worms Armageddon
-Planescape torment (Awesomeness)
-Sanitarium (More awesomeness. Don't torrent unless you find one with full videos. 50% of the story is in the cut scenes. Some people didn't like it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.)
-Freespace 2, with the mission creator for lasting epicness
-Emulators + ROMS?
-Dues Ex (Original) if you haven't yet.
-DWARF FORTRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Half Life purely for the mods. The game itself was the cutting edge of bland.
-Morrowind + Mods and/or Oblivion + Mods
-Close Combat (First was good, 2nd was best, 3rd was good all around. Much action, thinking, and involvement in a short period of time. Good bang for your buck.)
-System Shock 2 (That is if you can even get it to work with XP/Vista. GET HEADPHONES FOR THIS.)
-Original UT or some similar UT/Counter-Strike freeware/opensource. Some rapid and light multiplayer arena shooter. Provided you have internet access.
-Alone in the Dark (THE original DOS one. Abandonia has it, I think.)
-One of the battlefield games (I believe 2 was the weakest. 1942 is still my favorite) + map maker. Custom epic battles.
-tyrian2000 for that quick arcade fix. Actually has a story.
-Most of the Total War series. Which was best differs from person to person.

For what is garbage I agree with Gota. Watch Yahtzee's review on Bioshock. Never knew how to sum up my feelings about Bioshock until I saw that. The developer's personally kicked me, a System Shock 2 fan, in the nuts with Bioshock. Masseffect was over hyped, and again Yahtzee nailed my complaints. I got to the third planet I had to rescue from robots, and then deja vu hit and I became bored. Half Life 2 was simply meh (and the friendly AI had lobotomies done on them). COD4 was alright (mainly because they finally made a game where guns acted somewhat like guns).

As a retrogamer, the Golden Years are past. 99% of everything now is crude and streamlined ripoffs mass produced from cookie cutters. The 1% is 99% Indies.
I dont like ... best get a good score from me.
Right behind you. Don't forget the multiplayer BS. I recall 4 player on N64 with bots. No bots now, and they're skirting more and more towards each player needs to buy a console and each player buy a copy and each player pay for online.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Gota wrote:
ZellSF wrote:
Gota wrote:Bioshock is boring repetetive crap it might be worth a "preview" but i sure dont recomand buying it.Just repetetive linear fps wth very nice GFX.
Portal,yeah fun stuff but not THAT good..
Cod4 only worth it if u play online.Single player is "fun" but short and linear.
UNivrse of war-crap
C&C 3 - crap
Halflife 2 episode 2 - crap.
I'm not sure why the hell you think being linear or short are negative qualities, but you are so wrong.
you mean you dont like a game being like 20-30 hours long and prefer it to be 8 hours long?
No, I like a game that is as long as it needs to be. Not longer, not shorter.
Tribulexrenamed

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

Warzone 2100
Warzone 2100
Warzone 2100
Warzone 2100
Warzone 2100
Warzone 2100
Warzone 2100
Warzone 2100
http://www.wz2100.net/ <-- Click here

Bzflag too. Its ugly, but really fun. It will run fast on your computer, I promise. http://bzflag.org/

Play XTA and CA. Do not play BA. Every game of BA you play, God kills a kitten.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Dragon45 wrote:The Penny Arcade game. On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.
Ho My God!!! Really awesome game, mate. The most refreshing game i have seen in .. in .. something.

Even though the fights seem like they can get somewhat boring, that ambience of the game, that truely and solid cartoonish style... Very simple and relaxing game, i can even play it with just one hand, perfect for a relaxing vacations and it feels like watching a movie. It made me laugh, too. And it runs in Linux, so i don't have to reboot. So freaking cool it is almost perfect. I'm definetly going to buy this one.
ZellSF wrote:...
Why limit it to the last 1,5 years?
It is about the time i lost connection with computer games .. and das internet .. and these forums and Spring and .. anything related to computers except the job of programming.
Forboding Angel wrote:http://evolutionrts.info + rai 553

:lol:
:shock: Really nice! That is Spring, right? Shiped with a mod as a complete package, a full game!? Sorry, didn't had time to try it. It's about time the Spring engine starts to be used as .. an engine to fuel complete packages. Something that looks like a shinny new package, something with more character. If that trend picks up, Spring may gain a whole new life. That trend picking up and it's distribution on, say, Ubuntu are the 2 things, i think, that would most contribute to it.

Thanks all for the help.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”