Teory about the fundamental base of the universe

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

manored

Post by manored »

I believe that in a fundamental level, that is, the most simple form the universe can reach, regardeless of whenever there is a form of max simplicity or not, everthing (and, thus, also nothing) is composed of 2 diferent things, pretty much the binary language used by computers.

Coments?
Teutooni

Re: Teory about the fundamental base of the universe

Post by Teutooni »

What?

Why?

Where?

:shock:

Care to explain some more, so us mere mortals could understand too? Why would the fundamental base of the universe be binary? What are the two... errr... things? :P
manored

Post by manored »

Teutooni wrote:What?

Why?

Where?

Care to explain some more, so us mere mortals could understand too? Why would the fundamental base of the universe be binary? What are the two... errr... things? :P
The base of the universe is binary because it cannot be another thing. If you have one thing you dont have anything, because if there was no diference between any 2 points of the universe then the universe would be entirely irrelevant, and something entirely irrelevant to everthing doesnt exists. Anything that existed beyond 2 would be a combination of those 2, and thus not relevant for the fundament. I have no idea what the 2 things might be, our knoledge is too limited for us to go beyond this :)
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

Maybe you first need to learn spelling before attempting a theory of everything? :roll:
Panda

Post by Panda »

manored wrote:

Why?

Where?

The base of the universe is binary because it cannot be another thing. If you have one thing you dont have anything, because if there was no diference between any 2 points of the universe then the universe would be entirely irrelevant, and something entirely irrelevant to everthing doesnt exists. Anything that existed beyond 2 would be a combination of those 2, and thus not relevant for the fundament. I have no idea what the 2 things might be, our knoledge is too limited for us to go beyond this :)
:P What if something, or a lot of things are neutral? Then they wouldn't be one of 2 things. It could be something like an asymptote.
HeavyLancer

Post by HeavyLancer »

manored wrote:

Why?

Where?

I think the universe is far too complex to simplify like that, otherwise the scientists and philosophers would have a theory of everything. But we don't AFAIK. Full marks for trying though.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

The universe is in binary at it's most fundimental level. The basic building blocks are all basically the same thing, and in any given spacial area, that thing is either present, or not present. That level of abstraction isn't fundamentally useful to understanding the universe though, because in formation the binary parts very very quickly form structures and forms. The universe, if it were to be equated to a computer, is a virtually infinate number of binary elements running many different programs in languages WAY WAY more advanced than our object oriented computer languages. Understanding the binary is useless because there is just too much of it for that to be possible, so we need to understand the more advanced code first, and we don't understand it yet.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

To say occupation is binary is to forget quantum physics.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

quantum physics was the only thing that proved rogue waves happen realistically on a daily basic killing off whales. SAVE THE WHALES ! Get them away from the rogue waves!
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

i haven't smoked enough weed to read this thread yet
Argh

Post by Argh »

Weed won't help, man. Seriously, I think this thread would read even worse stoned.
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

How can you speak of the universe when you live on earth..

a spec in the universe..

there are probably elements and all sorts of other stuff that is out there that we will never know..
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

You are not universe, emmanuel IS.
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

I still don't see why the universe should be 'binary'. Sure it's the simplest base, but it doesn't mean universe has to be like it. How about a base of 6 quarks and a few leptons? Or tiny oscillating strings for that matter, essentially having an infinite base. :P
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Teutooni wrote:I still don't see why the universe should be 'binary'. Sure it's the simplest base, but it doesn't mean universe has to be like it. How about a base of 6 quarks and a few leptons? Or tiny oscillating strings for that matter, essentially having an infinite base. :P
Infinite? Try 11. :P
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

First, binary isn't the simplest base. Unary is.

Second, I already gave you the answer to all life's questions in a previous thread, http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtop ... 82#p266882

All matter is composed of sub-atomic particles called Teutons.

Here is a close-up:

Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Woah man, i just had a revelation. You know like Theres the space and theres like, planets 'n shit in the space, and inside the planet there's like humans , and inside the humans you can find these cells 'n shit, so like, what if inside the cells were another space and another world dude, like woah it would go around all over again! Its like i've discovered what the world is.
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

Infinite? Try 11.
No, it's definitely 42.
lurker

Post by lurker »

String theory may predict 11 dimensions, but you still have an infinite variety of strings.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”