Audiosurf

Audiosurf

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Otherside

Audiosurf

Post by Otherside »

any1 got this tis epic win

u can get it off steam

tis a racing game (well point grab) based on ur music (makes race tracks from ur music)

feels like its trying to compete with guitar hero its very fun and addictive i advise people to get it and set world records on ur faiv tracks :]

video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NPaCQOXgvRY&feature=related
Peet
Malcontent

Re: Audiosurf

Post by Peet »

It's quite a fun game...I'm pretty awful at it but playing obscure songs makes up for that on the scoreboards :-)

I'll post a video tonight or something.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

I found it really boring tbh
It doesnt feel synced enough to the music
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

Comp1337 wrote:I found it really boring tbh
NO U!

On a more serious note, it more or less depends on your music collection (fun and sync :P).

Overall, I had fun. Amusing game with trippy visuals. But if I was to nitpick, it needs moar sauce. Moar dynamic track, moar hax!
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Comp1337 wrote:I found it really boring tbh
Try with goa or techno. Or stoner metal (electric wizard + audiosurf = omg why am I still playing this sober)
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

some music is really trippy and good for the game

and all the mods make it quite diverse and it isnt a simple point grab like i thought

i play ninja mono now and picking everying colored block isnt always the best idea theres alot of strategy involved all this whilst the screen is zooming and u feel like ur on drugs..

Its one of the best/most fun reflex games out there (if not the best) and has a ton of replay value plus u can listen to ur faiv tracks :]
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I was totally disappointed with this.
okay, so the tracks elevation reflects the intensity of the song, and the tempo of the drumbeats effect the speed and points value of the paddle things but beyond that it hardly feels like its linked to the music at all. the background dosnt really reflect the music, there is nothing that seems to be happening along to the beat and like kdr said the timing of the paddle seems totaly random to that of the song- and I have tried it with everything from slow guitar music to hardhouse. im just glad i pirated it first,
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:I was totally disappointed with this.
okay, so the tracks elevation reflects the intensity of the song, and the tempo of the drumbeats effect the speed and points value of the paddle things but beyond that it hardly feels like its linked to the music at all. the background dosnt really reflect the music, there is nothing that seems to be happening along to the beat and like kdr said the timing of the paddle seems totaly random to that of the song- and I have tried it with everything from slow guitar music to hardhouse. im just glad i pirated it first,
My point exactly
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Ivory King did you happen to play Amplitude or Frequency for PS2? Same basic principle but its a fixed song set and the controls are setup differently... the gameplay is more akin to the Guitar Hero series than Audiosurf.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

It was...eh.

Kinda neat, but...it's not really a *game* so much as a "ooooooh...shiny..."
nemppu

Post by nemppu »

warezed it to try it, played three(3) songs, liked it, looked up the price on steam, noticed its only $9.95 whuttf, bought it, definitely worth the ten bux, ~~<3
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

0/10

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”