This is just sad...

This is just sad...

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

rattle
Damned Developer

This is just sad...

Post by rattle »

Well, the fact that people blow their money on game items.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7094764.stm
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Doesn't everybody raid Habbo every few weeks?
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Hah hah hah hah! 4000 euros, jesus.

What a dumbass...
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

in 2005 a Chinese gamer was stabbed to death in a row over a sword in a game.

Shanghai gamer Qiu Chengwei killed player Zhu Caoyuan when he discovered he had sold a "dragon sabre" he had been loaned.
wow
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Yeah, I read the story back then.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I read a story about one guy stabbing another because he was camping in Counterstrike.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

There was a Chinese kid who got shot in the head at a reasonably local LAN cafe while playing CS... not sure if that's sad or ironic...
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

I guess both.

There was a korean guy who died after playing CS at an internet cafe for 48 hours straight.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Re: This is just sad...

Post by CarRepairer »

nvm
Last edited by CarRepairer on 16 Nov 2010, 07:08, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

and we moders and programmers get to lol. I think if someone killed someone over something I created I would be flattered but I may also be repulsed. I am not sure.
Abokasee

Post by Abokasee »

SwiftSpear wrote:There was a Chinese kid who got shot in the head at a reasonably local LAN cafe while playing CS... not sure if that's sad or ironic...
Wow thats Myg0t clan hating to the extreme
manored

Post by manored »

For me if someone kills someone because of a game, its not fault of the game but fault of the sanity of the killer... :)
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

smoth wrote:and we moders and programmers get to lol. I think if someone killed someone over something I created I would be flattered but I may also be repulsed. I am not sure.
Stick someone in a room with two computers, spring, gundam, and KDR. It'll happen.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Haha, i also cant understand who jerk uses real money to make his game character/house look better, rotfl!!!!

Instead of putting those virtual money thiefs in jail, i would suggest putting those game makers to jail! What can be worser crime than manipulating stupid people to use their money to such bullshit?
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

It does sort of make sense that people buy stuff in grinding games. Simple:

Work 1h at local grocery store/whatever.

Collect ingame gold for 3 days...

Of course, on a deeper level cheat-buying stuff might be worse then not getting it and keep dreaming instead, for overall enjoyment. Buy the ultimate character for example, and you might find the game to suddenly become very... pointless.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Zpock wrote:It does sort of make sense that people buy stuff in grinding games. Simple:

Work 1h at local grocery store/whatever.

Collect ingame gold for 3 days...

Of course, on a deeper level cheat-buying stuff might be worse then not getting it and keep dreaming instead, for overall enjoyment. Buy the ultimate character for example, and you might find the game to suddenly become very... pointless.
The investment of time is much more binding than a monetary one, which is why people still play WoW after legitimately capping out, but oft those who get high-level characters through shady means disappear, with nothing to hold their attention.
overkill

Post by overkill »

Peet wrote:
smoth wrote:and we moders and programmers get to lol. I think if someone killed someone over something I created I would be flattered but I may also be repulsed. I am not sure.
Stick someone in a room with two computers, spring, gundam, and KDR. It'll happen.
\ i loled

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”