Good computer games - Page 6

Good computer games

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

The umbra sword is so gg
It bloody prints money, and kills everything
MightySheep

Post by MightySheep »

yeah and one of the other funny things (also stupid) about morrowind was that with every new account i made i just went straight to vivec, stole the treasury key, then robbed all the treasurys. so i had pretty much the best armours and weapons in the game witihin 20 minutes of starting lol.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

There was some version where you could pickpocket peoples armor if you had high skill
That was awesome
MightySheep

Post by MightySheep »

hahaha how retarded. how the hell can you undo and take of someones armour then run off with it without them noticing lol. i played xbox version with no extra versions but pc was just as good.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I heard of skilled pickpockets stealing belts in real life so why not.
nemppu

Post by nemppu »

KDR_11k wrote:I heard of skilled pickpockets stealing belts in real life so why not.
its true.. its all about distraction
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

nvm
Last edited by CarRepairer on 16 Nov 2010, 07:10, edited 1 time in total.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

nemppu stole my soul and i didnt realize until now
nemppu

Post by nemppu »

Comp1337 wrote:nemppu stole my soul and i didnt realize until now
im mega giga
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

and i didnt realize it until tomorrow
Edit: as the bigger man here i do not condone replying to this post in an off topic manner
Baladin

Post by Baladin »

MightySheep wrote:Elder Scrolls Morrowind

OMG i loved this game so much! i played it for so many years got full deadric and all the most special stuff which is wanted at museum eg. umbra sword + magic ebony breastplate + ebony helm with perm 30 personality... ah such a good game. i had 100 of each stat and was lvl 50 something
Haha yeah 100 of each stat and level 50 you lieing bitch :lol: you didnt even complete the game all you did was rob vaults and burn towns, I on the other hand killed dagoth and was uber at the same time. And umbra sword is easy to get i got it like half an hour into playing the game by standing on the rock firing magic and arrows while poor umbra took hits to the face. And your ebony isnt magical you robbed it from a vault which you then enchanted. Try killing Vivec if you think your so good :wink: (Which i did somehow)
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

The awesome way to play the game is maxing all stats, and then lowering them by going to jail in order to get more levels
MightySheep

Post by MightySheep »

ah why are you on this forum Baladin go away! also the ebony i am talking about is the magic one you find of that guy in cave under vivec. you know what im talkin about
Baladin

Post by Baladin »

MightySheep wrote:ah why are you on this forum Baladin go away! also the ebony i am talking about is the magic one you find of that guy in cave under vivec. you know what im talkin about
Oh yeah the lords mail and its not under vivec its under a town with a big dragon statue in the waters. Ebonheart it was called i think.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I'll lick you bald.
Baladin

Post by Baladin »

O rlly and what did i do to recieve such a fine lick?
El Idiot

Post by El Idiot »

What will be the best computer game of all time (ETA 2010-2012):
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/
A realistic space sim with modern "holy sh*t that's f*cking insane" graphics as an MMO.
"Procedural universe: procedural programming is a technique to let the computer generate the game universe on-the-fly, in real-time on request, rather than manually building everything. Because of this, the generated universe can be absolutely huge. In Infinity, billions of worlds, most of them never explored by any player, are awaiting the adventurous soul.
Seamless engine: Infinity's engine features a completely seamless experience. You can fly in space and land on planets.. without any loading times or unnatural transitions.
Planet landing: you are not restricted as to where you can land. Explore every square centimeter of your home planet! On planets you can see the flora and fauna, find oceans, hills, mountains, cities, and a lot of other details.
Unique quests: Infinity offers a wide range of missions available in space stations or cities. But sometimes you might want to try something more challenging. Discover the storyline's quests. Unlike missions, quests follow a real story, and can only be accomplished by one player (or a group of players). Once the quest is done, it disappears forever from the game and is no longer available to other players. Be the first to complete a quest, and you'll get fame, money... and much more.
Astrophysics: Unlike most other games, Infinity respects the relative scales and distances one could find in space. Realistic orbits are used, and planets move in real-time. Many systems have multiple suns, with a complete hierarchy of celestial bodies orbiting around each other. You will find moons and asteroids in orbit of larger planets, themselves orbiting the sun(s).
"

Check out the development journal in the forums, it is rather interesting. The motion blur entry is awesome, as well as the nebulae generation.
My favorite bits:
"Coherent scales and distances are used, orbits of celestial bodies are correctly modeled and change continuously, allowing you to attend a sunrise on the moon of a giant planet, for instance."
"Our approach is pretty close to a planetarium software, like Celestia."
"You will actually be able to acquire any object in the game world. You will be able to hire non-player characters to control your ships and follow your orders. You will be able to move space stations and set the tax rates, acquire some buildings in a city, or if you're getting very rich, a whole planet."
I'm going to have some farming planets. Everyone needs food. I'll set up some jump gates from my deep space out-of-the-way farming systems to the galaxy cores for trade. Easy to manage, won't attract as much pirate attention as mining.
Or I could do mass strip mining and produce my own armadas & rent them out... That would be interesting: Controlling the outcomes of some of the major clan wars with my rentable fleets.

Check out the FAQ

EVE is garbage compared to this.
Baladin

Post by Baladin »

El Idiot wrote:What will be the best computer game of all time (ETA 2010-2012):
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/
A realistic space sim with modern "holy sh*t that's f*cking insane" graphics as an MMO.
"Procedural universe: procedural programming is a technique to let the computer generate the game universe on-the-fly, in real-time on request, rather than manually building everything. Because of this, the generated universe can be absolutely huge. In Infinity, billions of worlds, most of them never explored by any player, are awaiting the adventurous soul.
Seamless engine: Infinity's engine features a completely seamless experience. You can fly in space and land on planets.. without any loading times or unnatural transitions.
Planet landing: you are not restricted as to where you can land. Explore every square centimeter of your home planet! On planets you can see the flora and fauna, find oceans, hills, mountains, cities, and a lot of other details.
Unique quests: Infinity offers a wide range of missions available in space stations or cities. But sometimes you might want to try something more challenging. Discover the storyline's quests. Unlike missions, quests follow a real story, and can only be accomplished by one player (or a group of players). Once the quest is done, it disappears forever from the game and is no longer available to other players. Be the first to complete a quest, and you'll get fame, money... and much more.
Astrophysics: Unlike most other games, Infinity respects the relative scales and distances one could find in space. Realistic orbits are used, and planets move in real-time. Many systems have multiple suns, with a complete hierarchy of celestial bodies orbiting around each other. You will find moons and asteroids in orbit of larger planets, themselves orbiting the sun(s).
"

Check out the development journal in the forums, it is rather interesting. The motion blur entry is awesome, as well as the nebulae generation.
My favorite bits:
"Coherent scales and distances are used, orbits of celestial bodies are correctly modeled and change continuously, allowing you to attend a sunrise on the moon of a giant planet, for instance."
"Our approach is pretty close to a planetarium software, like Celestia."
"You will actually be able to acquire any object in the game world. You will be able to hire non-player characters to control your ships and follow your orders. You will be able to move space stations and set the tax rates, acquire some buildings in a city, or if you're getting very rich, a whole planet."
I'm going to have some farming planets. Everyone needs food. I'll set up some jump gates from my deep space out-of-the-way farming systems to the galaxy cores for trade. Easy to manage, won't attract as much pirate attention as mining.
Or I could do mass strip mining and produce my own armadas & rent them out... That would be interesting: Controlling the outcomes of some of the major clan wars with my rentable fleets.

Check out the FAQ

EVE is garbage compared to this.
Hmm sounds interesting indeed, I might check it out :-)
Dwarden

Post by Dwarden »

Infinity is promising title indeed ... yet it's year(s) from being finished ...

contrary to that EvE : Online is alive and 6th Dec we get Shader Model 3 upgrade (finally ships looks 'cool' in space :)

atm i'm aware of 3 space MMOs in work
Infinity : The Quest for Earth
JumpGate : Evolution
Black Prophecy

for distant future we may see
X Online Universe

and
Elite 4 (online) is on hold

p.s. Infinity is also community driver project so everyone with free time and good skills should run in and try to help :)
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”