Legal action to take vs. illegals... - Page 7

Legal action to take vs. illegals...

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I doubt the american government is too bothered about taking more money through taxes as theyre vastly overspending what they already have and have been doing so for decades.
RogerN

Post by RogerN »

Saying that the populace in america doesn't care is horsecrap. They tried to pass amnesty and people came out of the woodwork to oppose it.
I didn't say that nobody cared. I said that "too few Americans care." Obviously there are a number of people who oppose amnesty, and who do care. But there are also a large number of people who don't care, and they continue to give millions of jobs to illegal immigrants. Until we can significantly reduce the number of people who don't care, nothing is going to get done.

As far as walls and border police go... I'm not sure a wall would help that much. There are plenty of other ways to get into the country. Heck, I'm sure lots of illegals enter the country legally at a border crossing and then work their way inward.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Well stated, and I agree ^^

@AF you are correct. Conservatives and to a less extent, republicans are all about less government and fiscal responsibility. The problem was, when the republicans took over congress, the fricking retards got drunk with power and managed to make even the liberal democrats blush from their overspending.

It's a damn shame, but imo, they just weren't ready. They lost sight of their core values. It was a beautiful opportunity, and they fudged it quite beautifully.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Oddly enough, the traditional Republican base, big business, is generally for more immigration and has few problems with illegal immigrants. The traditional Democratic base, big labor, is generally against more immigration and would be all for expelling all illegal immigrants immediately.

That sort of illustrates why nothing gets done in the US - by design we only have two parties, and thus each of those parties necessarily consists of a coalition of interests, and thus on each issue there are parts of each party which hold opposite views.

Take stem cells research, for example. In the Republican Party you have big pharmaceutical corporations who are for government funding of stem cell research, and religious conservatives who are against it. In the Democratic Party you have social liberals who are for it, and eco-warriors/Greens who are against it.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

stem cells are getting researched regardless of federal funding, no problems there

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”