If you live in Canada near a Sobeys...

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

...Try their glazed donuts. Perfect ripoff of krispy kreme, but like a quarter the price. They RULE!
Last edited by Caydr on 06 Oct 2007, 04:16, edited 1 time in total.
Michilus_nimbus

Post by Michilus_nimbus »

I'll remember that.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Too bad donuts are some of the worst food products ever devised.
tombom

Post by tombom »

neddiedrow wrote:Too bad donuts are some of the worst food products ever devised.
Indeed.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

neddiedrow wrote:Too bad donuts are some of the worst food products ever devised.
Evilly delicious.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

I tried some krispy kreme donuts. They were terrible. They were neither krispy, nor kreamey. They were just god damn donuts.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Saktoth wrote:I tried some krispy kreme donuts. They were terrible. They were neither krispy, nor kreamey. They were just god damn donuts.
You didn't try the custard-filled ones I guess. I don't like their donuts very much either. Mary Lee donuts are better.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I'm talking about the plain glazed ones. And, while everyone has different tastes, I can safely say you're WRONG if you don't like them.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

I dont see the fuss. It tasted prettymuch like a donut. It wasnt even a hot jammy donut or a cinnamonny donut. It as just a sugar coated piece of fluffy bread in a torus shape. Just a donut.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Exactly.... purrrrfection......
stilicho

Post by stilicho »

I'm partial to the Tim Horton's apple fritter myself.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I quite like Tim Horton's donuts.

Too bad they squeeze coffee out of the tear ducts of dying child slaves.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

theres a krispy kreme im burnaby... I really do like Krispy Kreme but its jus so rich; they're loosing business cause Canadians in my opinion are abit more cautious about what they eat, and their location isnt to great kind of. I like Tim Hortons becuase of the danishes.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

I LOVE DONUTS
Panda

Post by Panda »

Caydr wrote:I'm talking about the plain glazed ones. And, while everyone has different tastes, I can safely say you're WRONG if you don't like them.
They're too spongy! :P

I think that Mary Lee donuts are better because they're are much more soft like soft freashly baked sweet bread.

I don't get what you mean by saying that you can safely say that I'm wrong if I don't like them if you're taking different tastes into consideration.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Yes, a Tim Hortons apple fritter is definitely competition for my love of faux-Krispy Kream. Normally I wouldn't post about donuts but I can't believe how good the price is for these. Krispy Kreme is like... 5/6 $ a dozen right? I don't remember how much. But these are, I think, about $1.79 for 6, making them cheaper than Tim Hortons even.

Does Tim Hortons coffee give anyone else stomach cramps leading to diarrhea? It's like acid. I drink it anyway, 5 times a week on my way to work... coffee's coffee... but I'm going to have to just start making my own.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Caydr wrote:Yes, a Tim Hortons apple fritter is definitely competition for my love of faux-Krispy Kream. Normally I wouldn't post about donuts but I can't believe how good the price is for these. Krispy Kreme is like... 5/6 $ a dozen right? I don't remember how much. But these are, I think, about $1.79 for 6, making them cheaper than Tim Hortons even.

Does Tim Hortons coffee give anyone else stomach cramps leading to diarrhea? It's like acid. I drink it anyway, 5 times a week on my way to work... coffee's coffee... but I'm going to have to just start making my own.
It's the souls of dead child slaves poisoning your innards.
TheBigPK

Post by TheBigPK »

Sweetwaters are good, kalamazoo michigan if anyones anywhere near there :P.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Caydr wrote:Yes, a Tim Hortons apple fritter is definitely competition for my love of faux-Krispy Kream. Normally I wouldn't post about donuts but I can't believe how good the price is for these. Krispy Kreme is like... 5/6 $ a dozen right? I don't remember how much. But these are, I think, about $1.79 for 6, making them cheaper than Tim Hortons even.

I think that you should generally (unless you have no other choice at the time) go for quality of food over quantity. It isn't healthy to eat that many sweets. If you were going to eat sweets at all, I say that having them be a little more expensive and in smaller doses is better. That way you get to eat the sweets that you really like and eat them in smaller portions, if your not a sweets addict, like a chocolate addict.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

You're not really going for "quality of food" when you buy donuts irrelevant of the quantity...

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”