Are terrorists THAT stupid? - Page 4

Are terrorists THAT stupid?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

We don't need US troops invading foreign countries in order to prevent Islamic terrorism, nor do we need a never-ending cycle of increased security -> terrorists find and exploit holes -> increase security some more -ad nauseum.

What we need is an intelligent political/economic approach to it:

1) If something goes broke and it involves Muslims, usually you can get better results by not fixing it. Case in point: Iraq (both wars), the Balkans.

2) Cut off all foreign aid, and preferably all trade, to states which practice Sharia law, in full or in part, and/or are involved with violent forms of Islam, such as Wahabism. This applies even in the event of a major disaster, such as the Dec 26 tsunami.

And also to "friends and allies". George al-Bush refers to them as "our friends, the Saudis," and George al-Bush can kindly go fuck himself.

3) Require moderates to preach against violent jihad ideology in mosques. Not request or assume it is already being done. Require it. Islamic terrorists have been selling their version of Islam as being true Islam without a proper response for far too long.

4) Tax petroleum so that it stays permanently at over $50 a barrel. Implement a proper energy policy.

5) The US and Russia need to stop trying to stab each other in the back.

I could write much more on this, but these are the basics. Cheap (negative costs in fact), effective, and results in less trouble for citizens and governments alike. Of course, the leadership in a lot of places has no clue whatsoever how to tackle the problem, or even refuse to acknowledge that there IS a problem.
Drezil

Post by Drezil »

KingRaptor wrote:4) Tax petroleum so that it stays permanently at over $50 a barrel. Implement a proper energy policy.
yeah. you'll have to do this .. just look at the news i found yesterday:
http://www.economist.com/daily/chartgal ... id=9430924
the imperialistic empire of the us is using more limited ressources EVERY DAY as the following 29 countries TOGETHER.
We pay more than 7 Dollars for a gallon of fuel (1,35├óÔÇÜ┬¼/ltr.). This leads to a strict reduction of petrol used for cars. To fill a Honda Civic (with 50 Ltrs.) we need 67.50├óÔÇÜ┬¼ or 91.80$.
By the end of this year some cars will be published using only 1-3 litres/100km (=0.42-1.26 gal/100miles).
We produche more than 10% of our energy needed from regenerative energy sources like wind, water, solar or biogas.

we don't need to invate other foreign countries just to still our oil-thirst. we don't need to sacrifice soldiers in a lost war.
I do not fear terrorism either. its much more probable that i die in a car-accident, getting cancer, getting a heart-attack or even being stroke by a lightning. This all is more possible than some obscure people from other countries coming over here and doin some baad stuff.
rcdraco

duh

Post by rcdraco »

They hit the airlines, and other stuff, to take OUR freedoms, to piss us off. They didn't do it to accomplish anything, they are literally the newbs in the internet game of Earth. Seriously, they get a kick out of screwing us over and watching us get angry.
rcdraco

duh

Post by rcdraco »

They hit the airlines, and other stuff, to take OUR freedoms, to piss us off. They didn't do it to accomplish anything, they are literally the newbs in the internet game of Earth. Seriously, they get a kick out of screwing us over and watching us get angry.
Candleman

Post by Candleman »

So the terrorists are actually RL Trolls?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Are the online trolls actually terrorists?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Well, terrorists are about terror, being afraid of them means they win. I think the US is only so scared because they haven't had any foreign agents causing much damage on their soil (excluding illegal immigrqants taking away their jobs) for a long time. Most of Europe has seen WW2 come to their homes and had a few terrorist groups over the years too. The US is new to the concept of someone actually hitting them rather than some people on the other end of the world. Well, that and the media having figured out that scary headlines get higher ratings so they run scary news and the terrorist risk is extremely exaggerated int he mind of the average viewer.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Snipawolf wrote:That's pathetic, I believe in God and all that, but I won't let him get in the way of what I want..

Wait, he can't do that.. Can he? God practically promises free reign except for the 10 commandments... He can't stop me from doing something, he just controls the consequences.....
Oh wow... Oh wow oh wow oh wow......
tombom_proxy

Post by tombom_proxy »

SwiftSpear wrote:
Snipawolf wrote:That's pathetic, I believe in God and all that, but I won't let him get in the way of what I want..

Wait, he can't do that.. Can he? God practically promises free reign except for the 10 commandments... He can't stop me from doing something, he just controls the consequences.....
Oh wow... Oh wow oh wow oh wow......
he's only just 14 and likes linkin park 8)
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

~~L*i*N*k*I*n P*a*R*k O*w*N*z j*O*o~~
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Why's god a he? Superstitious chauvinist!

There should be a rule against religious discussions...
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

rattle wrote:Why's god a he? Superstitious chauvinist!

There should be a rule against demanding rules to conform to your comfort zone.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Felix the Cat wrote:
rattle wrote:Why's god a he? Superstitious chauvinist!

There should be a rule against demanding rules to conform to your comfort zone.
I can agree with that.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”