death ray weapon

death ray weapon

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

WillRiker

death ray weapon

Post by WillRiker »

may be bullshit (its on some christian "the end is near crap" site) but still intresting

http://www.tldm.org/news4/deathraygun.htm
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Errrm. Not possible. The Physics doesnt work properly. Besides. Sean Mirrsen knows nothing of it, and he seems to be beta tester for nearly everything :P
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

wtf? how do u know how the physics for it work, you dont even know how this weapon works. its like me saying that planes cant fly upside down coz the physics of the aerofoil dont work...
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Because I do physics you fool. I study the physics of weapons very closely. The Partical beam is interesting, but would require a nuclear reactor to power it. The gravity gun or scalar wave gun? I can't even think how that might work. Gravity for the most part is so weak it can't hurt anyone w out a long distance for you to fall. Scalar waves? LOL those wouldn't hurt me. It could be a radiation gun, but that would require a raditation source. And you know, the only one powerful enough and reuseable? Oh yes. Once again, the trusty nuclear reactor.

Power transmittion? That is the only plausible idea on that site. And it is impossible without major advances in everything we use, but it could be done.
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

if this weapons is reall, may be may not but trust me russia china usa would at least experiment, then the research teams involved would be massive and there combined knowledge of maths and physics would eclipse yours. i mean what are you a second year under grad?! the people involved would be, if this weapon was real which it may be, would be like old proffesors with nobel prizes and douzens of years of real research behind there belts.
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Dude, if you read my posts, I do understand the physics behind almost all weapons in existance. Don't ask me to explain nukes, they are a bit complex in physics, and I can't remember all the equations. Hell, I can only remember E=MC^2 right now. But you don't need to know math to understand physics, just to CALCULATE it.

Now, I sugest before you comment on how I would know all this. Go read http://www.wrongplanet.net the wikipedia entry.

I KNOW A LOT ABOUT WEAPONS MATE.

Scalar waves cannot kill.
Gravity is weak. Want proof? Jump. See, you just beat gravity and went up for a few seconds.
Lasers, Particle beams and all that IONISE THE ATMOSPHERE. You need a nuclear reactor to produce one that can kill a man. Anti Nuke lasers are different, they use much less power but cannot kill. mostly because they are designed to deliver the equivenent to a projectile impact.
Radiation is hard to produce safely so it can be directed. And to produce it in large enough amounts to kill would require either a lump of uranium 1/2 miles across or a nuclear reactor. And A HELOCOPTER CANNOT CARRY EITHER.

Hell, w the first option, might be easier to drop it on them.
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

:shock: yes you know everything, oh great God of war. in fact you are so great that in the time of repling to these posts u also managed to redesign the AK106 so it has 3 times the range, came up with a way of powering a thousand kilometers of monorale with a single AA battery and also contrusted a cold fussion reactor. good one, yes godd one. in fact u r reading this through a special mozila add on which displays everything in vector graphics equations. according to physics 500 years ago maths was flat and 700 years ago a quadratic could not be solved, 150 years ago everyone believed that the universe was motionless and all the maths prooved it until a little man with crazy hair managed to get around those problems, what makes u think that you know everything about physics and that the people who were designing this weapon (still unconfirmed) dont know ways round problems involved with these weapons.

yer u know everything, in fact u came up with vermont's last theorem proof, even though everyone said it cant be proved. yer good one MATE
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

A) Thats Fermat's theorm
b) it was solved 5 years ago.

And no, but I DO KNOW ABOUT WEAPONS, BLUETARD. now, consider that this was on a fanatical, american christian website. What are the 2 things those guys fear? Oh yes, Comunists and Atheists. Lets see. Oh yes, Russia, former comunist nation. Oh yes. China, Current comunist nation

Oh yes, 1 more thing. Did you read that sites source to see when it was last updated? Cause i did.
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

lucky u, did u redesign F15 to go twices as high with ur superior and FULL knowledge of physics too while you were doing that?!
Dakar

Post by Dakar »

WillRiker wrote:lucky u, did u redesign F15 to go twices as high with ur superior and FULL knowledge of physics too while you were doing that?!
At this point, I think you've stopped trying to prove the D-Ray and now you are just flaming him.

In any case, the site itself is probably untrustworthy. They claim:

-The predicted 9/11

-1 billion will die in a comet (Assuming dates are correct, this was supposed to happen shortly after 1994)

-AIDS will suddenly be cured by God (One page later it says AIDS will never be cured)

-John Paul will soon die (Assuming dates are correct, they said this 20 YEARS ago!)

-The anticrist is about to emerge (Stated 1 decade ago!)

If you believe all this, You're just the kind of guy I need to sell my bridge to.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

one of the pictures on the web page is a Earth Allience Hyperion Hevy Cruiser, fireing its forward laser arrays. Useless? Most likely!

Also this death ray thing sounds like crap to me! More conspiracy theory parinoid idiot stuff. For one thing it makes no sence! Another thing is DEATH RAY! Who in their right mind names something a death ray? Also Third if a person dies in the way depicted by this, whith every cell in their body getting fryed, then they would still decay because the cells that eat you are being kept OUT of your body by the imunesystem. Killing all the cells in the body would probebly incresse the decay, because the decomosing bactiria would have less compitition for space and resoures.
Dakar

Post by Dakar »

Zoombie wrote:one of the pictures on the web page is a Earth Allience Hyperion Hevy Cruiser, fireing its forward laser arrays. Useless? Most likely!

Also this death ray thing sounds like crap to me! More conspiracy theory parinoid idiot stuff. For one thing it makes no sence! Another thing is DEATH RAY! Who in their right mind names something a death ray? Also Third if a person dies in the way depicted by this, whith every cell in their body getting fryed, then they would still decay because the cells that eat you are being kept OUT of your body by the imunesystem. Killing all the cells in the body would probebly incresse the decay, because the decomosing bactiria would have less compitition for space and resoures.
In addition, if every cell inside your body died there probably would be nothing to decay! After all, the only stuff left would be some bones and liquid.

Also, if the beam will go through anything and kill all of the cells, how does the person/helicopter who is firing it not die?

Also, I would really like some sources that back up what these people are saying.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Also, if the beam will go through anything and kill all of the cells, how does the person/helicopter who is firing it not die?
Answer: Its a lode of nonsense! THe death ray makes as much sence as siencetology and the idea that the univers is supported by a never ending tower of turtles.

Also, I would really like some sources that back up what these people are saying.
Answer: Well i know what an Earth Allience Hyperion Hevy Cruiser looks like cause i have the Babylon 5 Roleplaying Game and Fact Book. Also i know stuff about biology from my biology class, and my biology textbook and simple logic.
Dakar

Post by Dakar »

Zoombie wrote:
Answer: Its a lode of nonsense! THe death ray makes as much sence as siencetology and the idea that the univers is supported by a never ending tower of turtles.
My point exactly.

Answer: Well i know what an Earth Allience Hyperion Hevy Cruiser looks like cause i have the Babylon 5 Roleplaying Game and Fact Book. Also i know stuff about biology from my biology class, and my biology textbook and simple logic.
Actually, I was talking about the people at the Death-Ray site. I've looked over a Biography of Tesla, for example, and found nothing about weather-control.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Weather controll? I dont remeber mentioning weathercontroll. BUT Tesla was a nutcase. Even so he was a pretty spiffy guy, with lodes of neat inventions and cool theorys. These frutcases at the death ray site are latching onto it to prove their insane ideology's.
Gurkha

Post by Gurkha »

well, lasers weren't invented until the fifties (stimulated emission may have been used experimentally, but visible and higher wavelengths didn't appear until the 50's). So, the odds on Tesla having come up with some sort of a 'particle beam' before he died in 1943 are somewhat limited.
Now the 'beam which can kill you in a tank or a bunker'. If it passes through the concrete walls of a bunker without either beam or wall being affected then it'll happily pass through the people IN the bunker with neither being affected. I laugh at all these people jumping up and down about 'gamma particles'.

Now, to rise to willriker's challenge:
"came up with a way of powering a thousand kilometers of monorale with a single AA battery"
make it out of mercury, cool it with liquid helium, ok, it won't last very long and you'll have to use a VERY small train, but it could work.

"according to physics 500 years ago maths was flat"
do you mean the earth? because it wasn't a physics issue and the Greeks had already proved that it WAS round, it was just stupidity on the part of joe sixpack, and the fact that 'actually the world is round' would have got you burnt.

"700 years ago a quadratic could not be solved" Any reason why not? Algebra had been around for centuries, solving a quadratic equation would not have been difficult, baring the hard arithmetic, it's just, again, that ordinary people weren't educated to the point of being able to do it.

"150 years ago everyone believed that the universe was motionless". Yes, yes they did

"until a little man with crazy hair managed to get around those problems" no, actually, the little man with the crazy hair broke his own equations by putting in an extra term to MAKE the universe stationary because that was the accepted view (it was the accepted view because they couldn't measure any differently). It was Hubble (who didn't have crazy hair) who actually revolutionised it by saying that the universe was expanding, then Einstein admitted that he was wrong and called it "the greatest mistake of my life"

"what makes u think that you know everything about physics and that the people who were designing this weapon (still unconfirmed) dont know ways round problems involved with these weapons. " supposedly designed 50 years ago or some jabberish, someone else would have struck upon the solution by now, oh, and some things just cannot be worked around, the uncertainty principle, for instance.

"yer u know everything, in fact u came up with vermont's last theorem proof, even though everyone said it cant be proved. yer good one MATE"
as has been said, it was Fermat and was proved some time ago now. The chappy who did it, Andrew Wiles, worked on it in secret for 7 years.

"its like me saying that planes cant fly upside down coz the physics of the aerofoil dont work..."
You are aware that there is a serious limit on how long you can keep a plane upside down?

D'you think, if Soviet Russia had such a weapon they'd have had ANY scruples about starting a non-nuclear offensive in Europe & eventually the US? rather than rolling over and losing the cold war

This is my sort of, tinfoil-hat wearing, conspiracy theory stuff.

-Gurkha
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I want a tin foil hat!
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

(Sorry Will, I don't take this thread seriously either)

I have a tin foil hat... Its the only thing to keep me from getting fried by the radiation coming off the thermonuclear goats... And its so unstylish that the ones carrying the subverting virus won't try to subvert me... So many uses.
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

Dakar wrote:
WillRiker wrote:lucky u, did u redesign F15 to go twices as high with ur superior and FULL knowledge of physics too while you were doing that?!
At this point, I think you've stopped trying to prove the D-Ray and now you are just flaming him.

In any case, the site itself is probably untrustworthy. They claim:

-The predicted 9/11

-1 billion will die in a comet (Assuming dates are correct, this was supposed to happen shortly after 1994)

-AIDS will suddenly be cured by God (One page later it says AIDS will never be cured)

-John Paul will soon die (Assuming dates are correct, they said this 20 YEARS ago!)

-The anticrist is about to emerge (Stated 1 decade ago!)

If you believe all this, You're just the kind of guy I need to sell my bridge to.
u r a mag for reading anything on that site.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

YOU FOOLS this site has taken real science and real scalar weaponrya nd distorted it and amde it conventional vector weaponry!
I shall amke my next post here btu dont post till I've finished it

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”