That's mean, so, truce then Smoth?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Seriously, I quit making fun of the muppet avatar and generally being a jerk, and you quit finding every opportunity to say AA's the worst thing since the plague and being a jerk. We're professionals, we can act like it.

Seriously, how did this start?

The earliest thing I remember to do with you is when I came over to your board and offered to put your mod in that modpack to promote diversity, you said you'd pass since you wanted to make a new version, I got the impression you were a snooty jerk and had a deadline to meet and pointed out that nobody played Gundam so any advertising is good advertising. In a very, very rude way. Something like, "well if you decide you want people to actually know gundam exists, just let me know sometime..." I was generally pissed because it seemed that your forum had become the "bash AA and Caydr where he can't defend himself" board.

You banned me, I posted the modpack, a few people briefly played the other mods but only until a certain gentleman thought he would be an uber-cool rebel if he posted the new version of AA sans-modpack (it was, download modpack, or download no new AA), and defeated the whole purpose.

Since then I've gotten a job, a car, a house, and generally a real life, and this whole thing has a different perspective. Gundam is largely ignored, and I think you blame me for that exclusively. I made AA, its offshoots took over when I left, and generally every other content developer is screwed. Fanger, for one, has a good attitude about it, even if his minions don't. I'm not going to make up anything like "I played EE and it was pretty good", since I've only played it once and it was so different from what I was expecting that I never touched it again. I've never even downloaded Gundam, so it might be the greatest thing in the world, but I don't know, and I don't really care. That's not to be callous or anything, it's just not something I'm interested in learning about. I like TA, I like SupCom... I don't have a lot of time to learn anything else. I work, I come home, I shower, I sleep. On weekends I work on AA. I haven't got time for anything else. So I have no opinion on Gundam at all, except that the models looked fairly good in the screens I've seen.

For some reason you seem to be dead-set against me. You imply that my other mods don't exist, you say I'm shoving AA down people's throats by just asking simple questions that have nothing at all to do with any particular mod. I don't get it.

You disappear for extended periods saying "i'm never coming back you're all jerks!". Then I call you a drama queen, you come back, post some screenshots and a new version, nobody touches it, and you disappear again with a similar message.

Honestly I don't get a lot of things about the TA community. Seriously, if there's one unique thing about us it's that we can hold a grudge for almost supernatural periods of time. I left TAUniverse like 6 years ago because an asshat moderator was screwing around with my posts, basically hijacking my account, and when I reported him I was ignored. Apparently someone with some clout finally had the same experience, since about a year later he had his mod powers removed. The entire TAU community KNOWS this, they KNOW I wasn't really to blame, but out of tradition they can't let it go.

So what happened? All I remember is a guy who blamed me because his mod wasn't played as if I could actually do something about it, then when I tried to do something about it said "no I don't want your help", and an entire forum that seemed to be set up for the purpose of complaining about me. You hate AA for making your time working on Gundam a waste - which I don't understand at all, since a mod is a hobby, you should enjoy it not expect other people are going to - so you take every opportunity, even when it's completely inappropriate, to take a shot at me.

Back when AA was on top - yes, that is, before I ran it into the ground a year ago - I literally was the ONLY person who could possibly help you. That sounds like a cocky statement, but it a fact. It's not something I wanted. I wanted people to play a lot of different mods, for Spring to get a big community with lots of different interests, and for AA to get maybe 10% of the playerbase. tops. There's so much potential here, and AA's a simple mod that doesn't deserve so much attention. I try to promote Gundam, I try to promote 1944, I try to promote everything else, and through this, using everything at my disposal and even irritating a lot of people in the process through "forced pack downloading" and such things, I'm still the villain. I put links to your wiki pages right next to the AA download links, and I'm still the villain. What exactly could anyone expect me to do beyond that?

I don't even care anymore, that was an entire year ago and I'm sure your forum's about something besides caydr-bashing by now. I just want to drop it already.
Last edited by Caydr on 30 May 2007, 00:04, edited 3 times in total.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

oh fer cryin' out loud!

DROP IT!
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

He doesnt like your work so you attack him personally? Heh.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

We are not in it for the Fight, or ? I mean we everybody here at the Sims ModMakingpage knows that the whole Game is only about..

oh wait.. this is TA SPRING..

that changes everything..

I get some Bags to get the burned Pieces of Flesh out, before they start to smell ;) ;) ;)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

hmm I thought you dissed decimators girlfriend on teamtalk then got kicked for being an ass and thus started a long and wierd feud that started long before your 'community mod pack!!! woo'.

But I think that the post was fine, as long as you snip off everything after the first paragraph, as thats just inviting a long flame. Ideally this entire thread should have been a private message.

btw smoth wants gundam to be obscure and unnoticed, thats how he likes it.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

HAHAHA oh that's the funniest thing ever. No, what happened - if I'm thinking of the right thing, which I'm pretty sure I am - is, I came on Teamspeak, I heard him talking to his wife/girfriend/something, and I loudly said "Hey is she the one you posted pictures of?"

And she got on the microphone and wanted to know what the hell I was talking about... everyone had a good laugh. It was good fun, she knew I was joking, everyone else knew I was joking, he didn't get in trouble, etc.

The thing with Decimator, I think, is that him and Forboding are big EE fans. Like with Gundam and its fans, I was the enemy somehow because my mod was more popular.

Forboding's another similar example. He used to be this huge AA fanboy, posting constantly in the AA thread, lots of constructive ideas... I mentioned to him my plans about a completely new mod with new races, and told him that I thought metal makers were a big problem and removing them would make making map control more important. He was so enthusiastic about it, he wanted to know about what other stuff I had planned, but at that point it was mostly just theory, nothing concrete. He sounded like he liked some of the stuff so much he wanted to make his own mod. And then EE came around. No metal makers, IIRC. Not to say he stole the idea or something, just that he found exactly what he was looking for (barely dodged that one), became active in its development instead, generally things cooled off between us very quickly, and eventually our differences made us at odds with each other constantly, since we're both very vocal and I love a good argument.

It's crazy. What exactly does one do to get out of the spotlight? I tried everything. It's the main thing that led to just take all this time off, I wanted someone else to get the heat for a while, I couldn't handle it anymore. Emails and emails, PMs and PMs, a guy looked up my domain's WHOIS and called my house (whois is private now...) until I had to get the phone number changed. But since an AA derivative is still in top place, I'm still this big enemy of the universe at large... I've gotta censor myself constantly and never speak up when I have an opinion because one of half a dozen people is always there to tell the world how wrong I am. I could say, "D-guns are a cool idea", and they'd say "what the heck? Dumbest idea ever. I'm going to make a mod where there's no d-guns, and just typing 'd gun' makes your computer explode. **** you."
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

Image Image Image Image
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

lol, after 4 months of being away from spring i really started to miss these threads... not that I actually read them, I just look at the writing and just think how much effort writing all that took :P.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

guess it's high time to open an asbestos suit shop.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

no-one plays gundam cause its a pretty bad mod
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

Ishach wrote:no-one plays gundam cause its a pretty bad mod
you're just upset because you lost the King of Gundam title to me.
Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

Posted without spellchecking :P
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

Ishach wrote:no-one plays gundam cause its a pretty bad mod
Actually smoth designed it like that. :roll:
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

I really should shut up, but I'm not the only one here guilty of that so:

It's a sunny day here on the spring boards... And the comeback kid scores one! Who will win the prestigious Queen of Drama title... decided in one big catfight coming right up! Will we see the dreaded eesf in action? Will there be banning? Leaving the boards in disgust? Wait and see good people.

Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Zpock on 30 May 2007, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

lol, Bershe.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”