Colorblindness

Colorblindness

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

FoeOfTheBee

Colorblindness

Post by FoeOfTheBee »

While doing research for another project, I found this very interesting page, which includes a tool to simulate the way a color scheme appears to people with different types of colorblindness.

For the detail oriented developer or modder, this might be useful.
smoth

Post by smoth »

This is really neat, I wish there was a download for the thing.
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

Some people with certain kind of colourblindness may not be able to read pink text over light blue background.
smoth

Post by smoth »

they can highlight it if they have to.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

This fails on how good i thought it was going to be :/

good find though!
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

smoth wrote:they can highlight it if they have to.
smoth, i dont even read most of your messages just because of that.

Custom colors should really be removed from this forum.

I didnt really find that page useful... too much weird stuff which i dont understand a shit...

I just wanted to compare yellow and green and see how it changes the color in Protanopia and normal sight... but seems like it cant do that...
kuqa

Post by kuqa »

TradeMark wrote:
smoth wrote:they can highlight it if they have to.
Custom colors should really be removed from this forum.
Agreed. I have a really hard time reading smoths feminine-muppet-pink text :evil:
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

I think some people just need to see an optometrist. :lol:
kuqa

Post by kuqa »

KingRaptor wrote:I think some people just need to see an optometrist. :lol:
And you my friend, need to get a life.

Making fun of colorblind people is as clever as picking on retarded people. I bet you make fun of persons with downs or CP too?
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

You need to know something: colorblindness cannot be cured. So optometrist wont help in this case.
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

kuqa wrote:
And you my friend, need to get a life.

Making fun of colorblind people is as clever as picking on retarded people. I bet you make fun of persons with downs or CP too?
What's your stance on people who take joking quotes of out context and turn them into a "get a life" diatribe?
kuqa

Post by kuqa »

Not taking anything out of context as his comment was a direct offensive reply to mine.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

TradeMark wrote:
You need to know something: colorblindness cannot be cured. So optometrist wont help in this case.
I'm not even sure where I said anything about colorblindness. Unless all the people complaining about smoth's text are colorblind, what's your point?

kuqa, you saw an insult where there was none, you took offense where none was intended, and your post is a complete non sequitur to boot. I do not wish to start an argument with you.

I don't get it. What is the whole fuss about smoth's text about, anyway? If you're really colorblind, just highlight it, and if you're not, then despite all the complaining I doubt you have any problem reading it. If it's really that much of a bother, just don't read his posts.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Smoth has practically said multiple times...

If you can't read it, then skip it for all he cares...
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Yeah but imagine if we all used all different kind of colors.

Smoths color change is equivalent to those people who makes flashing avatars just because they wants to annoy people. And those kind avatars are forbidden.

What if i start talking with random colors for now on. It would make people pissed off. Wouldnt it?
kuqa

Post by kuqa »

I thought a response to a thread is a response to the first post or the one above you, if you dont quote and respond to that. Maybe the netiquette is different in the spring community. Sorry if this is the case. And as to the question about highlight/dont read part: how the hell do you think one can be on track with the things said in a discussion if one must skip someones texts just because he wants to get attention? So i should do extra work to be able to read? I should change my browser to be able to read as in this one the highlight comes in white and white-pink is neither a friendly color combination for some colorblind people. Why is not bold underline and italic enough means to highlight your text ?
Last edited by kuqa on 13 May 2007, 20:44, edited 2 times in total.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

ZOMG, ALL GO TO MAKE FUN COLORS:
http://modinfo.unknown-files.net/funcolors.php
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh wargh

Not annoying enough.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

It's actually pretty.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

UPDATED:
http://modinfo.unknown-files.net/funcolors.php

Define your own gradient!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”