Anime: death note, code geass (minor ep 1 spoilers of each) - Page 2

Anime: death note, code geass (minor ep 1 spoilers of each)

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I don't expect two episodes to cover capturing Tokyo, securing Japan AND invading England and destroying the imperial palace (unless of course those two eps have Suzaku killing everyone). Hell, two episodes are barely enough to cover a final battle between two main characters!
Aun

Post by Aun »

KDR_11k wrote:I don't expect two episodes to cover capturing Tokyo, securing Japan AND invading England and destroying the imperial palace (unless of course those two eps have Suzaku telling everyone to kill each other). Hell, two episodes are barely enough to cover a final battle between two main characters!
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Suzaku isn't the type to tell others to kill themselves and even if, noone would listen to him.
Aun

Post by Aun »

KDR_11k wrote:Suzaku isn't the type to tell others to kill themselves and even if, noone would listen to him.
Damn, got Lelouch and Suzaku mized up. =P He could do it with the Lancelot if he conserved power...
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Not really, unless there's a cheap plot device helping him the combination of the Guren, the Hadron cannons and the chainsaw-katana mechs would be too much for him to handle.
Aun

Post by Aun »

KDR_11k wrote:Not really, unless there's a cheap plot device helping him the combination of the Guren, the Hadron cannons and the chainsaw-katana mechs would be too much for him to handle.
That purple cube thing that powers the Lancelot can probably be overloaded and make the Lancelot super powerful or something, combined with the rage from the Princess being killed.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Cheap plot device indeed.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Isn't that cube the fuel it runs on?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

That cube dealie is supposed to be a chunk of that super-valuable "power stuff" that was discovered in this alternate universe. It is the reason Japan gets invaded, since it turns out to have 70% of the naturally occuring "whatever".

Man, it would be so cool if the "englandish" characters actually spoke english, and it was subtitled in Japanese. I don't think I've seen that kind of thing very often in anime. Would be much more realistic.

Anyways, from my little bit of research I think that ep 23 is the last one for this season, and a second one has been confirmed. I'm probably wrong.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Man, it would be so cool if the "englandish" characters actually spoke english, and it was subtitled in Japanese.
They have that on Samurai Champloo, except for teh fact that I was watching it in english in the first place, but it was dubbed in Japanese at the bottom, hehe.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Caydr wrote:Man, it would be so cool if the "englandish" characters actually spoke english, and it was subtitled in Japanese. I don't think I've seen that kind of thing very often in anime. Would be much more realistic.
Try watching Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto. You'll change your oppinion quickly.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

To take a wild guess, the voice actors aren't so good? BTW how the heck do you have that memorized?
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

They do that in Black Lagoon. Speaking of Black Lagoon, I need to finish watching that. I got to the second episode of the mini-story arc of "Incestious Assasin Murdur Twins" which is right after "Maid to Kill" which has four Terminator references one after the other.

But it's a Maid. Get it? Maid to kill! Made to Kill! Get it? Hehehehe...
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Caydr wrote:To take a wild guess, the voice actors aren't so good? BTW how the heck do you have that memorized?
The voice acting is atrocious for those parts (the pronounciation is awful) and the sentences are very primitive and unfitting.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Well there you go, that's what I mean. REAL spoken english by english people, not fake spoken engrish with thick japanese accent.
Incestious Assasin Murdur Twins
WHAT THE HELL??
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

It's what they are. Two thirteen year olds with a hatchet and a M60 who kill people and make out. Weeeeeeeird, huh?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

KDR_11k wrote:
Caydr wrote:To take a wild guess, the voice actors aren't so good? BTW how the heck do you have that memorized?
The voice acting is atrocious for those parts (the pronounciation is awful) and the sentences are very primitive and unfitting.
That's why I watch anime in japanese with english subtitles only.
That's why 5 GB of MSGundam had to go.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Caydr wrote:Man, it would be so cool if the "englandish" characters actually spoke english, and it was subtitled in Japanese. I don't think I've seen that kind of thing very often in anime. Would be much more realistic.
Hellsing, it was all good except for the priest and allucard. Otherwise they did what you are asking for very, very well.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Update on CG: Now the word is that there's going to be a couple more episodes in a month or two, before a regular break when the next season will start. It's been confirmed for a second season.

It's cool to see that these totally unusual anime are catching on. There's action, horror, romance, ...incestuous 13 year old hatchet wielders... , mystery, but I've never seen shows primarily focused on suspense and genius.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

SPOILER:

L IS LIGHT'S FATHER!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”