off-topic ramble - Page 2

off-topic ramble

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Re: Keep Spring engine usable by all

Post by Ares »

Master-Athmos wrote: the version 103 limitations also weren't made with evil intentions
Felony 2.
Last edited by Ares on 01 Apr 2021, 03:36, edited 2 times in total.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

Ah, I hadn't noticed the drama on this thread...

Please guys....let's not bring the 103.0 restriction related drama again.

We can use 105 now..
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

To the BAR admin who deleted my post & banned me, show some integrity, ban the perpetrators not the victim.

My screenshots shows the BAR team maliciously targetting and personally defaming my ability as a developer.

I will never forget what they have done to me or my mod.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=11357
Attachments
barba.png
(110.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I'm not sure this thread was ever on topic, but a year old screenshot certainly isn't, and this isn't a place for discussing moderation of external servers.

Locked.
saturnV

please reopen thread "Keep Spring engine usable by all"

Post by saturnV »

This car crash of a thread is not going to be re-opened, any sane discussion of its purported topic can take place in a fresh thread.

The thread "Keep Spring engine usable by all" viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43399 was locked and moved to off-topic.
The title was changed to "off-topic ramble." Why?

In the last years it has been an important topic:
- how engine updates should be done
- how games are affected by that,
- whether it is a good idea to force new games into using new engine versions.

It has not been handled well in the past and the issue does not get solved if talk about it is banned.

Everyone who thinks that this is only a problem of the lazy BA trolls who fail to keep their mod updated might want to take a look at this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=596081#p596081
It has some numbers how many games were using which engine version. (Everyone who logged into lobby to play sometimes is aware of this of course, but appearently not so many forum users do that.)
In Dec 2020 out of 36 hosts only ONE host was using the current stable engine version.

According to ivand, official engine deveploment is dead since one year. That is despite that old engines were banned as demanded by engine developers.

Now we have a fork of the engine (BAR-version VS official spring) and of course people are interessted how that will affect games and players.

Lastly, these threads will always have new people stumbling into the discussion and say things like "the version 103 limitations also weren't made with evil intentions."
However, there are posts and discord history that show people happy about how the old BA is now finally dead for good, how it had to die and so on.
Some people did express their joy about how BA would now die because of the engine bans.
As long as people ask or post about the history of the engine-bans, the screenshots by Ares remain relevant and in context.
If you think the chatlogs were out of context then please explain in which context saying such things would be acceptable. Currently it just looks like censorship.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”