Theme Song

Theme Song

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Sheekel

Theme Song

Post by Sheekel »

I think we need a theme song for Spring, although i know AI and single player are still a little bit far off and said song would annoying in gameplay/multiplayer. How about a movie scene like at the start of OTA, but with modern graphics?

Any Thoughts?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

A movie like that, for instance?

No. Not yet. I don't want the spring filesize to be upped by movies, music, and things like that. Maybe at some point someone will donate music, just wait for that moment. Anyway, in most game having music I end up turning it off and playing my own mp3 after a while. But having a background pic in the loading screen would be nice. Couldn't the SY choose one of the many pictures aGorm and others posted in the varied logo discussion, and just use it?
Tsumari

Post by Tsumari »

It's important to remember that SY is developing an engine to base RTS games from, and it is their first goal to get TA running well under the system. Once the engine is closer to a 1.0 it will be nice to package up some media and make a complete game package out of it but that work is probably a ways off, and since there are many people with their own ideas on how that should work there will probably be a couple of polishing projects that use the same source but different art assets etc.

Tsumari
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

Who's voice is this in the movie?
Corncobman

Post by Corncobman »

It's the voice from the narration in the single player campaign, and intro movie.
sylvinus

Post by sylvinus »

My advice would be to use a free music too, but please no geek music ! :)

You can check out http://www.jamendo.com or http://www.magnatune.com for free creative commons music, some of them could really fit for spring !
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Or give it about a year and my band will produce some :D
CaptainExo

Post by CaptainExo »

I use WinAmp and listen to the classic TA music. :-)
cyclerboy

size

Post by cyclerboy »

it be fine with me to have the file size bigger if there were pictures, music, and movies added. it would only affect dial up users and there already screwed with the size as it is.
CaptainExo

Re: size

Post by CaptainExo »

cyclerboy wrote:it be fine with me to have the file size bigger if there were pictures, music, and movies added. it would only affect dial up users and there already screwed with the size as it is.
Unless they already have TA and just download the XTA & OTA-less version. :|
Sheekel

Post by Sheekel »

A movie like that, for instance?
that movie was boring...

i think there should be separate media files available for download....but they are not included with the Spring Engine....

First they should focus on the completion of spring, or at least a more stable, playable version....

(yesterday i played and got krogoth rushed in about 7 minutes! 3 Krogoths! WTF!)[/quote]
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Imagin........

Useing the spring engian (it already looks fantastick already) the intro would be BIG. Remeber the felling you got from the original TA intro? Well just recreate that with it even bigger. More guns, more tanks, more kbots, more navel vessals. Maby a massive pan across a battlifild, starting with defences of bases, then open engagments in the middle of the battle. THen have the camera pan across a ocien as massive navy's engage eachother, finishing with the cool end part of the into music (the realy cool part) and as the music builds the cammer a pan's up and around a base built into a mountan ending with the comander on top and finishing like the original! They sould also have my favoret line from the original introduction "This is a fight to the death" i dont know WHY but that is just my favoret line....perhaps i like the way they say it...
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Yah, but you should download the movie seperatly........
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

well of course. I think Spring sould be (hell it IS) modular. You downlode what you want, when you want, why you want!
VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

I think that Benitos movie is THE natural choice! Its very cool
Graatz
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Zoombie has the idea. Now get rendering.
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

Why be a render? We could make a cool replay that jumps around, has awsome camera angles, and then we can just add operatic music (that fits with it)
All the things, except the planets, that occue in the ota intro can be reproduced like this.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

do the TA songs hav artist/title names?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Webbie

Post by Webbie »

First of all, they're all by Jeremy Soule.

And Forest Green is my favorite. ;)

Return to “General Discussion”