SPRING sucks on Win VISTA - Page 3

SPRING sucks on Win VISTA

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Guessmyname wrote:Vista's computer requirements would be much lower if they hadn't stuffed all that 'premium content' protection crap into it
Yea, and i forgot that one. If you consider changing to Vista, also consider that you are going to enter a whole new world of censorship and control. You will be under heavy control of Microsoft with new features of content protection and, probably, having information about every single multi-media (sounds, videos, etc) opened sent to Microsoft and checked for licenses and stuff (and who knows what else, since companies would pay godly to buy info from Microsoft about what are the most heard musics, most visited sites, average hardware people have, etc).
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

you said yourself you dont know then you draw conclusions that it is as bad as linux at games, well done

how can i get this across

VISTA
WORKS
FINE
AT
EVERYTHING
EXCEPT
PROGRAMS
MADE
IN
THE
80's

STOP
BASHING
IT
WHEN
YOU
DONT
EVEN
HAVE
IT
THANKS.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Yeah, i remember why i disliked you, you are an idiot.

There is a diference between «i don't know anything about it» and «there are things i know and some things i don't». I only drawn conclusions over what i know.
- I know as a fact that the new kernel of Vista is radically incompatible with previous Windowses.
- I know that it was said that present software would run in Vista under a compatibility layer.
- I know as a fact that such software could only run in a radicaly diferent kernel (like vista) under a compatibility layer (or an obvious re-write/re-compilation).
- I know as a fact that that «emulation» will never be as good as runing native code.

Maybe that is too hard for your rock hard head to understand. Do you know what a kernel is?
Ho boy, do i feel good to have left these forums. All hail iamacup, the moderator at the forums of osrts.
Yes, i am flamming, i like it and i feel good. Hurray for not beeing a moderator, hahaha. :twisted: Responsibility for the loose.

Some more flamming:
Vote iamacup for moderator in these forums!
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

<3 games from the 80's <3
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

only noobs upgrade to vista right now, it can't even run itself right, nevermind spring. What the heck is wrong with you?

ps. while spring may work properly on some configurations there are far too many driver issues to be concerned with, and the chances are good that your drivers will not support it as well as would under XP.

My original statement stands, until you say you had a damn good reason for upgrading to Vista. But if you are one of those noobs that has to have every new thing. . .

I don't have good words for you.
LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

aGorm wrote:Hang on your system spec is confusing...

4 gigs ram
is not:
2 gigs DDRII RAM (800MHz) OC'd, OV'd (521MHz dual channel @ 1042MHz, 2.1 volts)

Atleast last tome I checked it didn't. Thats either 2 or 4 not both!

EXPLANE!!!!!!

aGorm

(BTW, Nice overclock on the CPU...)
I think I lied...
:shock: :P

tho I do have some "older 2 gigs of 667 mhz ram here, I s'upose could be 4 gigs lol..

but naw, just 2 gigs,... :P
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

PauloMorfeo wrote:Yeah, i remember why i disliked you, you are an idiot.

Maybe that is too hard for your rock hard head to understand. Do you know what a kernel is?
Ho boy, do i feel good to have left these forums. All hail iamacup, the moderator at the forums of osrts.
Yes, i am flamming, i like it and i feel good. Hurray for not beeing a moderator, hahaha. :twisted: Responsibility for the loose.

Some more flamming:
Vote iamacup for moderator in these forums!
Cup has done a lot more for this community than you ever have. Besides only his friends are allowed to flame him: CUPPY U NuBCaKe U KNOW VISTA SUCK AND UR NUB 4 USING IT CAN'T STAY CONNECTED IN LOBBY AND UR SITES SUCK CAUSE THEY ALWAYS LOGG ME OUT CAUSE U MAEK NUB PEE H PEE COAD. :P
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

LINUX FANBOIS FOR THE LOOSE

you've obviously never ran Vista and are basing your opinions on a document that is biased.

I have ran Vista for a month now.

I have encountered no content protection yet. My only media related qualm is the fact you only get a DVD codec with Ultimate, which isnt anything major because XP, 2K, 98,and 95 had no DVD codecs at all and they're on the net for free.

Vista runs flawlessly for me and the only issues I have are issues that arent vista related. All issues I have can be firmly blamed on nvidia not microsoft.

For me Vista has proven itself as an improvement over XP by a longshot. I'm not saying this because "omgwtf pretty graphics", because I miss my XP styles and should go looking for the custom XP theme I had soon when I can be arsed looking for it.

I like the new explorer UI, a lot of control panel stuff runs faster and is arranged nicer, little things like device manager being a control panel applet rather than being hidden away, and add/remove being changed to programs and applications and being redesigned, and everything every forward and back controls and such.

And all that about wine and Vista and old legacy OS emulation is no reason to diss Vista. The same stuff is used inside XP and 2000 ffs, its nothing new.

In the mean time a lot of people refuse to upgrade to vista on price grounds despite having the opportunity to upgrade for free. I have the Vista business DVD and the 5 CD version and I got them legally without paying a penny.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Now ive never used this operating system but now let me tell you why its bad
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Few... that sorted out he whole 2/4 gig mistry...

I have 4 gigs of DDR2 myself, but XP can't use them...

aGorm
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

maybe its actually your motherboard thats at fault not XP?
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

lawl.

in other news vista is amazing. this forums full of supcom-vista-newtechnology haters.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

well at least the XP->Vista transition was painless, whereas the 98->XP transition was much worse.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

aGorm wrote:Few... that sorted out he whole 2/4 gig mistry...

I have 4 gigs of DDR2 myself, but XP can't use them...

aGorm

I think you need some XP patch, or Windows XP 64 bit to make it recognize 4gb of ram
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

sp2 IIRC.
Caradhras

Post by Caradhras »

M$ products are all fairly good, the reason for so many peole flaming M$ all the time is just their damned restrictive corporate policy.

A bit more compatibility, a bit more transparency and everyone would love M$.
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

iamacup wrote:in other news vista is amazing. this forums full of supcom-vista-newtechnology haters.
DOWN WITH THE SUPCOM!

DEATH TO VISTA!!!

WE FIGHT 4 SPRING!
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

If anyone is actually having problems with 4GB of RAM:
XP SP2 and Vista 32bit have weird issues with 4GB of ram since that's right on the edge of X86 addressable memory without using PAE (cough INTEL HACKJOB cough). If you want 4GB or more of ram you should probably run X64 Vista or XP.

Anyway, I agree with AF. Vista is great, its the 3rd party stuff like applications and drivers that suck with it.
Examples:
iTunes + Quicktime
Several games that depend on administrator privileges to do stuff like patch like Warcraft 3 & some Steam apps that needed administrator privileges to install a DirectX runtime to work
Nvidia & ATI's lousy drivers
Printer manufacturers and some other folks who haven't released drivers either.
Any & all codec packs that not only don't work but crash DLLHost when you open a directory with any videos in it.

Most of the features in Vista are real improvements over Windows XP, and I really enjoy using it except for all the stuff that I can't get working and some of the crashes (I blame ATI, my next card is going to be Nvidia).
mehere101

Post by mehere101 »

Would everyone stop bashing the graphics drivers? Its not their fault, and it isn't Microsoft's fault. Its the fault of having to totally rewrite their drivers and implement Direct X 9 + 10 + The new driver architecture. Lets see you do the same thing over the same period of time...
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Actully they dissable the support for 4 gig in XP SP2, becasue they had so much trouble with it in SP1, hence It no says I have 3 gig... which is fine, cause I'll have 4 gig for when I get vista which will be able to use it. But I wont get vista for some time... I'm a lets see what hgappens kinda guy, not a OMGIMUSTBUYITNOW sort of guy.

aGorm

Return to “General Discussion”