Big economy or big bomb?

Big economy or big bomb?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

manored

Big economy or big bomb?

Post by manored »

Why people still stick togheder structures that blast like a dying com then destroyed in any mod? In a game one enemy had like 5 advanced moho structures or more glueded togheder, and then the bombers of my team mate came, bombed one of then and BOOOM... the biggest explosion I ever say in spring and the first to create a real lake.
Relative

Post by Relative »

People are stupid.
Uberleechen

Post by Uberleechen »

Hell, I've seen 4+ advanced fusions put together.

With 10+ flak cannons all together pushed right up to them.

Needless to say, that couldn't stop a dozen bombers from blowing the whole thing.

My first wave of gunships didn't scratch it though.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Space concerns. No knowing the Z-X linebuild keys. Plus, it's often hard to know exactly how close one can pack certain buildings before they'll chain (although shoulder-to-shoulder is obviously wrong).
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

Uberleechen wrote:Hell, I've seen 4+ advanced fusions put together.
With 10+ flak cannons all together pushed right up to them.
Needless to say, that couldn't stop a dozen bombers from blowing the whole thing.
My first wave of gunships didn't scratch it though.
haahahahaha stupetest thing ive ever heard :D
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

built yo winds all in a square, that shit got me lollin
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

With nuke-like blasts I'd rather have them all in one area of my base instead of evenly spread all over my base so you could destroy 90% of the base by hitting the "nukes" with precision attacks...
manored

Post by manored »

KDR_11k wrote:With nuke-like blasts I'd rather have them all in one area of my base instead of evenly spread all over my base so you could destroy 90% of the base by hitting the "nukes" with precision attacks...
But then all your economy would be ruined in one strike what would make you lose the game anyway.
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

manored wrote:
KDR_11k wrote:With nuke-like blasts I'd rather have them all in one area of my base instead of evenly spread all over my base so you could destroy 90% of the base by hitting the "nukes" with precision attacks...
But then all your economy would be ruined in one strike what would make you lose the game anyway.
On top of that, it takes a lot of effort on the part of the attacker to be able to destroy each building one at a time, even if said building blew up in a massive doom death explosion, you could rebuild there and have a new one up before the next wave of attacks blows up ur other plant, and so on.

Ultimately having a spreadout base is the key to victory. Why do you think american army bases are such huge wastes of space? Its not to simply have huge 20acre fields to look pretty, they do it so that a missile or bomber attack doesn't destroy everything in a single wave.
DemO

Post by DemO »

Well i made an adv geo the other day on tangerine right in the middle of my mega porc economy and t2 air lab + about 40-50 nano turrets

enemy t2 bomber run killed it before i had pumped enough vamps out and took me from 150 to 30 metal income, no lab, 2 cons and a commander.

Still, didnt take long to recover and win ¬_¬ but basically, T2 energy structures are a bender for explosions when killed :( Geos are damn hard to defend you need air superiority because flak and LRMT's just arnt cost effective - bombers will fly straight through it and get stray bombs off on the geo and it only takes a few to make them boom. Same for adv fusions - air superiority - kill enemy air OUTSIDE of your base not when it gets TO your base.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Yep. The _only_ thing that can be clustered close around your high-explosive energy buildings is makers... and that's simply because they're not going to do you any good if it gets blown up. But if you've got the space, use the space.

However space is a resource in TA, like any other. You can run out of it, use it inefficiently.... that's a big reason for why the Krogoth makes such an appearance on SpeedMetal - space is the only resource in short supply on SM, and the Krog is the most space-efficient unit in the game.

Some players are pennywise/pound-foolish about space. Hence clustering crap around their fusions.

edit: also, remember that nukedeath buildings have one advantage: generally, when they die the attack is over, since most attackers are dead. There's probably a trick involving nuke mines I shuold be extrapolating out here...
manored

Post by manored »

Pxtl wrote: edit: also, remember that nukedeath buildings have one advantage: generally, when they die the attack is over, since most attackers are dead. There's probably a trick involving nuke mines I shuold be extrapolating out here...
Not if the nukedeath buildings was killed by a big bertha. :P
Relative

Post by Relative »

manored wrote:
Pxtl wrote: edit: also, remember that nukedeath buildings have one advantage: generally, when they die the attack is over, since most attackers are dead. There's probably a trick involving nuke mines I shuold be extrapolating out here...
Poor flop flop :P
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Either way, when you have to think about clustering advanced fusions the game's probably going on for too long anyway :p.
manored

Post by manored »

KDR_11k wrote:Either way, when you have to think about clustering advanced fusions the game's probably going on for too long anyway :p.
In fact, by the time we begin to play tic-tac-toe with your allies using advanced fusion reactors the game is normally already over... :P
Strategia

Post by Strategia »

manored wrote:
KDR_11k wrote:Either way, when you have to think about clustering advanced fusions the game's probably going on for too long anyway :p.
In fact, by the time we begin to play tic-tac-toe with your allies using advanced fusion reactors the game is normally already over... :P
Unless someone's hidden somewhere in the corner going hard porc and building up an army of krogoths sufficient to wipe everybody off the map. :twisted:
manored

Post by manored »

Strategia wrote:
manored wrote:
Unless someone's hidden somewhere in the corner going hard porc and building up an army of krogoths sufficient to wipe everybody off the map. :twisted:
But its impossible to remain a that big area hiden for enough time for that, since players begin to seek out surviving things with incredible efficiency almost imediatly after noticing there is something still alive... :P
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

Relative wrote:
manored wrote:
Poor flop flop :P
Are you refering to this? :lol:
http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8322
Best replay ever. So bad it's in an earlier version of Spring.

EDIT: Oh yes you are.
Eggmont

Baby go Boom

Post by Eggmont »

hehehe 4 advanced fusions, BOOM!
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

I do it to make moats.

Chain link fusions around ya base to make a moat if the enemy breaks your defences...

"Come get me now, beatcha!"

Return to “General Discussion”