Springie the AutoHost - Page 8

Springie the AutoHost

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Third through fifth place are totally sad. First is annoying because that map may as well be considered incomplete, and second is overplayed by everybody on Spring.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

http://www.unknown-files.net/stats/db_dump.php

That's what Maelstrom done to data so far :)
Myg

Post by Myg »

Download link aint working for 0.90b
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

you can try this (works only sometimes)

http://pc2.licho.eu/download/springie.zip
grumpy_Bastard

Post by grumpy_Bastard »

Licho wrote:you can try this (works only sometimes)

http://pc2.licho.eu/download/springie.zip
hmm, both of those links do not work for me. If you need a place to host that springie.zip, I have ~8gb of bandwidth per month that im paying for.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Ah sorry I upload to more stable unknown files now :)
Thx for your offer, it's np, I dont need a big hosting, springie is just 70k file, but my current hosting sux thats all (well it's completely free thats why it sux:))
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

====--===========================
SPRINGIE 0.92b
===============================

- fixed spring start bug and improved !start speed
- fixed !cbalance (clan balance command)
- fixed bug in stats reporting (some games had both teams as winners :)
- fixed auto-unlock bug
- fixed start empty exploit (it was possible to start empty game and crash spring in host)
- springie now sends more data to central server allowing more interesting stats interaction

More changes will follow very soon for smurfs and stats commands (those are server side so no springie upgrade will be needed).

!stats and !smurfs can now be executed without any parameters. If springie has some peopel in game lobby, it will display stats or smurfs for those people.

Note - I have given up ability to upload demos - there is no reliable way to determine which demo belongs to which spring game instance. (For example you have 2 springie servers and your own game hosted from same spring directories - several demo files are being created and modified and there is no reliable way to determine which demo belongs to game that just finished).
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

SPRINGIE 0.93b

- changed !cbalance logic to give higher priotiy to clans playing together than rank balance
YHCIR

Post by YHCIR »

It would be good if !smurfs displayed the players rank, so you can tell if they are smurfing or just using an alt.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Licho, I would contend that !smurfs is getting out of hand. If people want to smurf, they shouldn't be consistently subject to scrutiny, after all, it is their decision... and this command makes smurfing completely pointless. Do smurfs throw games? Perhaps at lower levels of play... but when you get to the upper tier, the command has no relevance.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

I personally don't smurf, but if I did, there are plenty of ways to avoid being found out.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

neddiedrow wrote:Licho, I would contend that !smurfs is getting out of hand. If people want to smurf, they shouldn't be consistently subject to scrutiny, after all, it is their decision... and this command makes smurfing completely pointless. Do smurfs throw games? Perhaps at lower levels of play... but when you get to the upper tier, the command has no relevance.
Anyone with a copy of notepad and a ctrl, shift, and f6 key can find out...
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

That really doesn't make the command any more necessary. Ah, I'll just drop it now. It isn't like I smurf, after all!
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I don't think we need to protect smurfers. It's not like it's publicly broadcast when a smurf logs on. If someone is going to be enough of a problem to get people checking weather they have smurfs then they don't deserve the anonymity of a smurf anyways.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

What do you intend todo with !smurfs once 0.74B1 is out? At that point you'll only get IPs if they play a game with an autohost.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

AF wrote:What do you intend todo with !smurfs once 0.74B1 is out? At that point you'll only get IPs if they play a game with an autohost.
Integrate it into chanserv :P

Or opp one bot for the purpose of keeping the feature active.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

WARNING, this version is for the latest lobby and spring version about to be released, update only after TasClient upgrade! Autohosts that wont upgrade wont work correctly with new protocol version!

SPRINGIE 0.94b

- updated for new lobby protocol version released by Betalord. Lobby server now doesnt send player IP by default, this means that smurfs service is now less powerfull. Also only servers with Gargamel mode enabled will be able to ban by IP address. Those servers will appear as using NAT traversal method in server list. Gargamel mode servers will still report IP of users to central server for smurfs, but only players who join server.

- fixed map change bug (springie didnt reflect map change in status bar and didnt advertise new maplink). This fix also fixed missing *locked* and *unlocked* chat messages from springie.

- springie now reports player ranks to central server (it displays it in smurfs command now)
SirClickAlot

Post by SirClickAlot »

I've been running springie for a few days and it generally works really well. I noticed today, however, that the CPU consumption of the hosting spring process went to 99% (and stayed there) after I enabled the spring window (from the springie menu bar) and disabled it again.

Is it the intention that the host (me) can drop in occasionally and spectate the battle?

Whenever I put up the spring window, it does show the battle in progress, but the cursor is stuck in the upper left of the spring window. Am I missing something?

Thanks again for all your work on this great project, Licho!
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

It's oprimized for people who don't want to observe hosted battle by default.

If you wish to observe hosted battle, make sure hosting spring priority is set to normal or lower. Spring (if visible) always eats 100% cpu.

Stuck cursor is caused by the fact that hosted spring window has 2x2 pixels by default. Go to main settings and increase default window size to something higher, like 800x600.

When you wish to stop observing your hosted battle, minimize spring window manually. That way CPU usage should go back down.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

SPRINGIE 0.95b
- added automatic self-update - springie now upgrades itself automatically
- added automatic spectator kicking (configurable in "game" settings)
- added !kickspec [0|1] and !votekickspec to enable and disable automatic spectator kicking
- springie now starts game automatically when server is full, people ready and in teams
- minor bugfix for servers with stats disabled
- it's no longer possible to kick springie

Please upgrade your springie to this version, especially owner of [CoN]ServerBot which runs 22 version old springie that was designed for 2 versions old Spring and lobby! It's spamming central logging system with errors ( http://springie.licho.eu/errors.txt )

Return to “General Discussion”