tN - the talk and whats new - Page 2

tN - the talk and whats new

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Is it possible to set certain user's posts to not be displayed
El Capitano

Post by El Capitano »

raneti wrote:Whats not true? Arguments?
It's not true that com-bombing is never a valid strategy. It's won me games as well as cost me them when the enemy did it to me.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

com bombing is a perfectly acceptable part of the game, its just a certain brand of combombing is not, that is, rush combombing. like most sucsessful rushes, it ruins the game.

and this isnt just an argument. its testing a new boundary of springs social side: when greifers and people who ruin the hobby for others, what limits is there before they should be booted? Refusing to change your clan tag just to piss people off is the work of someone who enjoys greifing others. early combombs are just someone who cant grasp the idea of the game and shouldnt be allowd into games if you dont want it happening to you.
From the replays and chatlogs Ive seen, this guy is the perfect example of what you dont want in any community.
El Capitano

Post by El Capitano »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:com bombing is a perfectly acceptable part of the game, its just a certain brand of combombing is not, that is, rush combombing. like most sucsessful rushes, it ruins the game.
That's your opinion. The only times I've been rush com-bombed in a non-com-ends game, it's hurt the agressor more than me. That's probably because I see it coming a mile-off due to the com moving about as fast as a glacier.
raneti

Post by raneti »

My point is exactly: you don't like rush comm bombin' don't comm bomb, the tic-tac-toe pattern is a "game" in wich nobody wins and is used as a metaphor to depict the holocaust; in our case it defeats the spring game we all know today and as all will become tempted to try to comm bomb as soon and as effective as they can. Mostly a comm bomb truce exists until 2 things come to chance: used to turn the tide of the game or as retribution. If the objective of the game is fun wich includes different tastes for it, then the truce doesn't apply tough :)
Last edited by raneti on 18 Oct 2006, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

its usualy done with an atlas. kaboom goes your com/base along with him, wheras they still have a base to you lose.
El Capitano

Post by El Capitano »

raneti wrote:My point is exactly: you don't like rush comm bombin' don't comm bomb, the tic-tac-toe pattern is a "game" in wich nobody wins and is used as a metaphor to depict the holocaust
Err...what? What tic-tac-toe pattern? If somebody com-bombs me, it doesn't mean I com-bomb them and vice-versa!
El Capitano

Post by El Capitano »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:its usualy done with an atlas. kaboom goes your com/base along with him, wheras they still have a base to you lose.
A couple of missile towers would take care of that problem. Boom goes their commander before he's close enough to take you out. Now he's got a base but sod-all economy because he went air whilst you have a commander and a sensible first factory.
mangotsome

I hate that guy

Post by mangotsome »

I hate that [tN]Distant I could smack him. I dont think he is the best TA player or a cheater. he will kick any one for any thing, and make horrible comments to spring players - and yes I have played with him
this was about two months a go. under samuelmpuk
tombom

Post by tombom »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:com bombing is a perfectly acceptable part of the game, its just a certain brand of combombing is not, that is, rush combombing. like most sucsessful rushes, it ruins the game.

and this isnt just an argument. its testing a new boundary of springs social side: when greifers and people who ruin the hobby for others, what limits is there before they should be booted? Refusing to change your clan tag just to piss people off is the work of someone who enjoys greifing others. early combombs are just someone who cant grasp the idea of the game and shouldnt be allowd into games if you dont want it happening to you.
From the replays and chatlogs Ive seen, this guy is the perfect example of what you dont want in any community.
How does rushing ruin the game? I can understand comm rushing, but llts do more damage to coms for this reason. Just putting up a couple of LLTs will throw off most early rushes, and if they don't the com has a dgun for a reason. I've won and lost games where I have been rushed - it isn't a death sentence.

Griefers should be banned pretty quickly unless it was obviously an honest mistake. I personally could say smurfs are ruining the game for me. It really bothers me mostly because I'm not an amazing player and people do their team balancing based on chevron level. While one team might get a SpeedMetal noob the other team could get an experienced guy who could win against the other team single handed.

Again I forget a point but something.
mongus

Post by mongus »

lol com bombing again

+ 30 to whom finds all threads about com bombing and links them here.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Hu, the leader of china, cares.

Some ignore list for the forum would be handy indeed...
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Commanders are so fun. Everyone has different opinions on when you're allowed to use them and they all get pretty annoyed if your opinion is more effective.

I say that commander bombing with air transports and lots of scouts isn't nice though. Just because scouts are impossible to stop without wasting lots more metal than the scouts cost.
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

BACK ON TOPIC PLSTHXBAI. :evil:
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

What topic? There was an announcement. The only thing that can be discussed is how Distant didn't deserve to be in the clan, how much he sucks, how much of a cheater he is.

You get the picture, if we get back on topic, the topic needs a lock. It didn't need to exist in the first place in my opinion, but meh.

The internet is serious business after all.
EXit_W0und

Post by EXit_W0und »

This was simply an announcement.
Lock please - there is no need for a discussion of any kind here.

Return to “General Discussion”